Golems, Rockdogs and Horrors oh my [Merged]

I'm hoping a-net responds at some point with some indication of what their intention is. Honestly, I could see this being as harmless as them not realizing how well liked these runes were, and thus overlooking adding them to the relics. I would imagine folks would feel a lot better knowing a fix is being discussed, even if there aren't any other details around it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 6:38 AM, Shufflepants.9785 said:

If that were the case, they could have merely nerfed the strength of the summons rather than removing them from the game entirely.

Even that, it would still be overpowered, and severely abused, for example, in a WvW scenerio.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sewenewes.4176 said:

I just miss my parrot friend. Privateer was not a good rune set from a meta perspective but I loved having a rough and tumble smuggler character with a pet bird.

Rangers can have pet birds and medium armor has some thematically matching choices I think.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Rangers can have pet birds and medium armor has some thematically matching choices I think.

I do have three rangers but the characters who had privateer runes were an elementalist and a revenant. Also liked the golemancer runes on my asura (one of my rangers) because it meant I could have a consistent golem companion. The golems summoned by the asura racial skills not only take up vital utility slots but also only last 40 seconds and are on a 180 second cooldown. It is what it is and I know that online games always change but I miss these pixel buddies nonetheless. Maybe in the future we'll get some relics that let us summon battle companions again. I wouldn't mind their damage getting nerfed even further to prevent them becoming a meta choice somehow. Just loved the flavour they added.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Anet should have data telling them how many characters were running specific runes before the relics were implemented.  I am not sure they can claim ignorance, unless they also admit that they didn't bother to check.  

i was hoping how they would do it is separate the 6th part of the runes you had on then you could decide to put it back on or use a different one

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Anet should have data telling them how many characters were running specific runes before the relics were implemented.  I am not sure they can claim ignorance, unless they also admit that they didn't bother to check.  

Unless they checked and knew who, when, why used it and didn't like it, so they didn't include it. Or maybe they want to redesign it to be more in-line with the current relics, so it would "spawn on x action" and they'll reintroduce it later. Overally nobody needs to claim ignorance here for this situation to still reasonably take place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2023 at 10:16 AM, Pinguinelski.3819 said:

AFK farmers are most of em ranger o necros, and Anet doesn't even care, i report lots of them every day, and they very ocasionally get banned.

why do you even care what other people do in pve? its not effecting you. wouldn't be surprised if that's why they do not get banned

Edited by trunks.5249
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, trunks.5249 said:

why do you even care what other people do in pve? its not effecting you. wouldn't be surprised if that's why they do not get banned

I dont, because im not a material farmer, but the problem they not only do in pve, they actually botting in pvp ranked too, and they ruin economy. It doesn't affect the economy of my account, but it affect the economy of other ppl.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I sincerely hope that the next LW/expansion won't have vital content like Relics spread across several releases. This is so annoying, worse than waiting for the release of the Legendary Relic and the Legendary Obsidian/Rift Armor. When you release a "new" old feature, it should be fully ready on release and not spoonfed via updates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The main thing I wanted to do with Relic System was use Jagged Horror Relic on Specter so I can have an Ally to use my support skills on to self-apply boons/heals with when solo cuz the elite spec was designed stupidly (Thief Scepter has to hit an Ally next to you to apply boons to yourself). Lich runes had terrible stats and strike damage stats are useless on Specter so I couldn't use any of the pet runes before and Relic system would have fixed that.

It's sad that they took that option away from us and pretty much deleted majority of 6th bonus affixes and replaced them with mostly boring or tedius stuff (like aristocracy and fireworks buff juggling).

@Ashantara.8731 I sincerely hope that the next LW/expansion won't have vital content like Relics spread across several releases. This is so annoying, worse than waiting for the release of the Legendary Relic and the Legendary Obsidian/Rift Armor. When you release a "new" old feature, it should be fully ready on release and not spoonfed via updates.

What's also lame about that is they expect us to do tons of grind and pay tons of gold into that Legendary Armor, essentually preordering it, without giving us the ability to preview it in-game to know if we even fully like it. Plus the final unfinished steps could literally be anything, like "here's a bill for 1k more gold."

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I sincerely hope that the next LW/expansion won't have vital content like Relics spread across several releases. This is so annoying, worse than waiting for the release of the Legendary Relic and the Legendary Obsidian/Rift Armor. When you release a "new" old feature, it should be fully ready on release and not spoonfed via updates.

Yeah, I dislike the whole idea of dripfeeding the content of the expansion like they're doing it with soto. They already proved they are able/willing to give additional special objectives without actual new content patches, so at that point they could release expansions as a whole and still seasonally nudge people to move forward with the content.

Unless they confirm solid spikes in activity whenever these partial content patches come out then we're kittened and probably stuck with that anyways 😐

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1