Actually enjoying SotO a Lot

Are you enjoying SotO?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying SotO?

• Yes
    • No

Amongst the negative feedback and bug reports, I would say SotO is pretty fun so far. It's been more enjoyable than EoD, for me, at least The Mastery lines feel impactful and manageable, the Meta is openly accessible, and the maps are beautiful with wide open spaces great for griffon and skyscale riding.  Maps feel alive and we were able to get the meta down on the first try.  Back in EoD, Seitung Province and New Kaineng City were both pretty good looking maps, but they were way too complicated to navigate around sometimes.    I also like that new players get to jump straight into riding the Skyscale. GJ Anet!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

I'm about an hour from getting home and getting to log in to play. From following forums and Twitch all day, I expect that I will enjoy the story and map exploration and events. I will not enjoy the Wizard's Vault and runes and relics.
So it will be a mixed bag.

Oh...and after today I will likely skip logging in on my family member's accounts to keep them active since there will be little point. So I picked up an extra few minutes of free time.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Confused 1

Also I'm kinda tired of reading all these complaints about the new Daily system. The NEW system is 10 TIMES BETTER. With Astral Acclaim, you can buy:

• Skins
  • Ascended Gear
  • Storage/Template Expansion

And there's a weekly cap, and even though you only get 1g instead of 2g, you now get a weekly chest

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Defias.1892 said:

Also I'm kinda tired of reading all these complaints about the new Daily system. The NEW system is 10 TIMES BETTER. With Astral Acclaim, you can buy:

• Skins
  • Ascended Gear
  • Storage/Template Expansion

And there's a weekly cap, and even though you only get 1g instead of 2g, you now get a weekly chest

It sounds like you are one of the people not affected by the problems with Wizard's Vault. To recap, some of these problems are:

* Very limited daily choices, instead of 3 out of 12.

* No ability to mix a *little* bit of WvW or PvP in with your PvE

* Daily missions are assigned based on expansions owned rather than parts of the story unlocked, so for eg players who have hit HoT or PoF in the story will be assigned missions in EoD and SOTO maps which they haven't visited and don't want to visit. Due to the aforementioned very limited choices you can't just pick other dailies to work around this.

* Can't do dailies with friends and families any more because your dailies probably won't match theirs.

(Note that the reduction in rewards for players who just login without playing the game is by design so I'm not counting that as a problem).

It's great you aren't affected by any of these. But that's you. It appears a large number of people, including me, are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

Just now, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

It sounds like you are one of the people not affected by the problems with Wizard's Vault. To recap, some of these problems are:

* Daily missions are assigned based on expansions owned rather than parts of the story unlocked, so for eg players who have hit HoT or PoF in the story will be assigned missions in EoD and SOTO maps which they haven't visited and don't want to visit. Due to the aforementioned very limited choices you can't just pick other dailies to work around this.

* Can't do dailies with friends and families any more because your dailies probably won't match theirs.

(Note that the reduction in rewards for players who just login without playing the game is by design so I'm not counting that as a problem).

It's great you aren't affected by any of these. But that's you. It appears a large number of people, including me, are.

Pretty much this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I do hope they unlock all (pvp, wvw, pve) for dailies. I think weeklies is fine as it currently is. Im not affected by current system, but i would think ppl would happier for more variety of dailies.

• Like 2

The map is decent. The story seems interesting (as far as I have finished). But there is not really much else. And I cannot express enough how terrible the change to runes is. This really put a huge hamper on my enjoyment of the game today, cuz it impacted so most of my characters very negatively. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Im a Warrior so Weapon master Training doesn't do anything. 

Not a single relic that could replace lost effects for me. 

The new daily system is.... It will need some changes. 

Story so far is OK. 

The first map is OK. 

Overall after about 4 hours in, mostly left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I am.

1. I like doing open world events, and both maps (and their metas) are great fun;
  2. I liked the story, it's alone was worth like quarter of the expansion price;
  3. While I find lack of relic choices strange, I like new interactive effects... Just waiting for legendary one so it would be easier to switch those up whenever I wish in WvW... 🙂 
  4. New dailies give way more stuff too. Finally i can buy the build slots and not feel scammed, lol 😄 

Overall, I find this new content fun and worth the money.

(Note: I haven't been in the strikes yet.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

After about 6 hours I'm enjoying the expansion, but I'm definitely not going to keep that pace up. I can really tell that some people seem to struggle with the fact they are pushing players to play the maps, do the events, participate in the metas to make progression in the story. Combined with the fact that some people are focusing on the skyscale talents vs the actual SotO talents seem to be getting people stuck quite early into the expansion. I've never seen so many "I cannot find a rift, how do I complete X, where is mah egg so I can get that skyscale" map chats makes me concerned people have the wrong impression of the expansion.

I'm more curious how those without the PoF Skyscale are handling navigation, I assume you talk to the trainer and you get a rental? There seems to be lots of map design choices that cater to those who have done the Skyscale, but aren't really planning for those who don't have the basics like the updraft talents and things. As I reach the second navigational zone, I'm actually worried about doing more thinking about getting places than I am actually getting to places and doing things.

• Like 1

Barring two hiccups (none of the relics in the selection box looks interesting to me so far, and the issue of no flexibility on new dailies) I am rather enjoying it so far. The story is decent enough (couple of dialogues raised my eyebrow, but generally is fine).

37 minutes ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

I'm more curious how those without the PoF Skyscale are handling navigation, I assume you talk to the trainer and you get a rental?

According to pre-release blogposts, people without skyscale unlocked have "rental" access to skyscale on SotO map - so they can select skyscale and mount up as if they owned it, even if they do not.

5 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

So you get big popup window where you can select what task you want to have in Wizard's vault and you can mix it however you like and it is not enough?

Yes it would be great if we could see 3 pve, 3 wvw and 3 spvp at the same time so we could mix and match like you know we could do the first day of the week.

Try it and you can see why people are let down by the system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Naxos.2503 said:

Where did that even come from ? Did I do anything to deserve to be compared to a bot ? 

You are just being nice to peoples, even tho you are not agreeing with them. It is a rare occurance on this forum it seems, so peoples are just surprised. We just don't do that here. Xdddd jk... or am I?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

So you get big popup window where you can select what task you want to have in Wizard's vault and you can mix it however you like and it is not enough?

It's not enough because it doesn't give you *OPTIONS* that we used to have, and instead forces you into the next lock if you don't like your dailies. Don't be dense. It's a half-baked answer to a system that was functional before.

The concept of the system is fine, the execution is kitten-poor, just like a lot of the features of the xpac, that actually removed things we used to have and are now trying to refix that wheel.

Edit: No one thinks SoTO's story would be bad. We all know how Anet is at writing decent stuff. The maps are cool for what are revamped assets. The issue with Anet was always, and will always be feature-execution and balancing. And on that camp, they shot themselves in the foot. AGAIN.

Edited by Shadowpeixera.2918
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1