Rifts are killin the meta events in lws...

Litterally there are 100 people on the map you try to do some meta event. 90 from this 100 are doing rift hunting, people who come for the meta are throw to another instance. The guys left the map for another rift and you are left with 10 people squad trying to do oil meta. In 3 other instances there is the same situation :s Every meta in 3 days looks the same first 1xx people later you are basicaly alone and mid meta you have option to transfer to the more populated map... You will not do it in this instance you go to another, the event is already ended with fail.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

I had an opposite experience...

I finally got my Tier 2 Rift item from that lady and I had to complete a Tier 2 rift to progress my story. I was almost done fighting the rift enemy and the DANG META EVENT GOING ON FAILED AND I GOT KICKED FROM THE MAP!!!!

My item, being a "one time use" was gone. I don't have the mastery to get the recipe to craft a new item, so I had to spend 4 GOLD from the trading post to get another one. Now I'm nervous when I start a rift that I won't be able to finish it because of the map closing.

There's should be a warning/time when the map is going to close when the META fails.

Honestly, this almost made me rage quit the game for the rest of evening. Nothing explained to me how to get another item. There was ZERO explanation. When I found out I couldn't even craft another one until my mastery was done I was pissed. You shouldn't have to rely on completing masteries that much just to get through the story. This expansion was not a fun experience to get through...

Edited by Benevolent.4083
typo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

IMO They honestly should have  rifts  put on pause when a map meta is about to start. Most is like  what, 2 hours between each give or take? There'd  be no issue with rifters going to another map for a bit while those there for the meta can still actually have time to fill the map

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Fractal.9214 said:

IMO They honestly should have  rifts  put on pause when a map meta is about to start. Most is like  what, 2 hours between each give or take? There'd  be no issue with rifters going to another map for a bit while those there for the meta can still actually have time to fill the map

Maybe. But then again I'm not sure they should, the same way they're not locking gathering, fishing, map completion (including hero points/hp trains) and other activities. For the most part people are able to use lfg in order to draw players into instances focused on metas. If there's not enough players wanting to do the meta, I doubt locking rifts will somehow make those same players suddenly jump in for the metas when that's not what they're for there anyways.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If there's not enough players wanting to do the meta, I doubt locking rifts will somehow make those same players suddenly jump in for the metas when that's not what they're for there anyways.

I know that I would just leave the map and come back when the meta isn't running.  Locking rifts (or any other non-meta activities) wouldn't encourage me to join the meta.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

51 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I know that I would just leave the map and come back when the meta isn't running.  Locking rifts (or any other non-meta activities) wouldn't encourage me to join the meta.

But that would free up map space for people who do want to do the meta, so that would work out.

It's weird though. I was doing Rifts in Sparkfly Fen and Tequatl started. And the map was able to handle the huge group doing the boss as well as 1-2 groups doing rifts. It didn't occur to me until that moment that the older maps handle this better than the new ones. Why has the map cap gone down so much that newer maps can't seems to handle the 2 going at simultaneously?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

When I logged this afternoon and this evening the map was mostly empty.   I've been trying to complete the tier 3 rifts.   Most events require a group---at least it seems that way.   So far I've been able to complete 7 tier 3 rifts.   But there have been at least 7 times I've logged in  and there is like no one on the map or the souls that are there---which seem to be about 50 are engaged in the meta or some other event.   I wish we had a "/who"  which would tell us how many people are on our map.    I am glad I started the Horn of Maguum day one when the maps are filled.    I don't know how wise it was to make so much of the content GROUP.    Hard to find stuff to do solo.

Just checked found one group of 3 people doing something else----Woop 3 whole people

8:15 pm on Amnytas map found one group doing an event.   Not enough people on map to do much and practically no solo content so any suggestions on how to do this without a group??????????????????????????

Edited by Portia.2975
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Portia.2975 said:

When I logged this afternoon and this evening the map was mostly empty.   I've been trying to complete the tier 3 rifts.   Most events require a group---at least it seems that way.   So far I've been able to complete 7 tier 3 rifts.   But there have been at least 7 times I've logged in  and there is like no one on the map or the souls that are there---which seem to be about 50 are engaged in the meta or some other event.   I wish we had a "/who"  which would tell us how many people are on our map.    I am glad I started the Horn of Maguum day one when the maps are filled.    I don't know how wise it was to make so much of the content GROUP.    Hard to find stuff to do solo.

Just checked found one group of 3 people doing something else----Woop 3 whole people

8:15 pm on Amnytas map found one group doing an event.   Not enough people on map to do much and practically no solo content so any suggestions on how to do this without a group??????????????????????????

Are you using LFG?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

That's unfortunate it's like this, it sounds like a horrible experience to me. 

Except this is no different than it ever was. Players doing other things than metas on the same maps were always the thing in the same -or similar- degree. Not only that, but if the maps fill up, additional instances are created. In conclusion: use lfg.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

That's unfortunate it's like this, it sounds like a horrible experience to me. 

Except it isn't like this. Whatever the OP is coming across is not representative of what is happening in the main. If anything rifts are increasing player population to do more things

For example, Cursed Shore was packed tonight. Sure most were doing rifts, but between rifts players were doing Melandru and Arah Gates alongisde many other events. Southson was the same. Amnytas has not suffered in the area either because players run to the meta, do th it and go back to rifts and other events.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

If we didn't need so many essences this would be less of a problem. My suggestion is to make all meta events on maps which spawn rifts give 200t1, 150t2 and 100t3 essences on completion in addition to their normal loot. No motivations or anything required. That way people are incentivised to do metas without the fear of losing essences.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3