Please change the fireball aiming [Merged]

Just did some testing. It seems I can't see the line unless I'm aiming WAY off to the side/down. Otherwise, the skyscale's head and fireball charge-up effects hide it from me. Also, if I'm not actively moving at the time I start to charge, then the moment I hit the left mouse key, it fires. If I do this on the ground, it fires and uses the dismount skill at the same time. Annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Mine shows a dot as well as a line from the skyscale to the dot.

Never had a line, just a barely discernible small white dot which isn't that easy to see, especially on a white background.

A set of crosshairs would be better.

Also the the first shot seems to fly off at an extreme angle rather than straight at the target if you haven't use it for a while.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Palador.2170 said:

Just did some testing. It seems I can't see the line unless I'm aiming WAY off to the side/down. Otherwise, the skyscale's head and fireball charge-up effects hide it from me. Also, if I'm not actively moving at the time I start to charge, then the moment I hit the left mouse key, it fires. If I do this on the ground, it fires and uses the dismount skill at the same time. Annoying.

Check your keybinds, sounds like you have something scrambled in there, possibly after the soto release patch.

e: as for not seeing the line, try zooming out further.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/28/2023 at 5:35 PM, trunks.5249 said:

i understand that i  am  in a very small minority that can only play with one hand.

Trust me, this is almost just as annoying for people who play with keyboard and mouse. The most annoying part is that the behavior differs between open world use, where you have to redirect your mount to look into the corresponding direction, and use during the shooting adventure in the Wizard's Tower, where you can shoot left and right much easier, with less ado.

I have also noticed that in some cases your camera perspective is being re-aligned when you let go of the right mouse button, which is super annoying. (It also could use a dot to assist aiming, but that might just be me.)

In any case, the mechanic's behavior should be the same across all content.

Please fix, ANet!

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Appears to use the weapon binding for the 2nd place on your weapon hotbar. My 2 skill is bound to E, and my Mount Ability 2, descend for Skyscale and Climb for Griff, is bound to E as well, but with this new ability the Fireball defaults to whatever is in your 2nd weapon skill 2, that being E for myself. I can't use the Fireball cause my Mount Ability 2 is bound to E and it overwrites the Fireball. 

Weird oversight not including a new Mount Ability 3 for the Fireball, I'd have to rebind my weapon skill 2 to use something for my mount, or rebind my Mount Ability 2 so the FIreball isn't overwritten. Sure I could set a alternative but I'm worried I'd hit the alterative button by accident mid fight and mess up a rotation, I have extremely light keys, and E is a very comfy place for my Griff Dive, I'd rather not change it.

I am holding down the 2 key as people have suggested, but it's still really hard to see where the fireball is aiming. This is particularly in a cramped space (e.g. next to a hill) when you are looking through your character model and also the skyscale model (instead of being forced into first-person perspective).

In addition, the skyscale turns like a tanker. For the kryptis turrets, it's a small nightmare for special-skilling through, then having to turn the skyscale around, then trying to aim and hit the kitten thing before the shield comes back onto the turret. This is particularly so for those of us with a hand disability, which means turning the skyscale is relatively slow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/8/2023 at 8:46 PM, Alsandar.7420 said:

Yeah just want bigger aiming dot, will help so much

I think this could be fixed by including a more visible action camera reticle to the "Cursor Contrast" option. That and the aiming beam actually coinciding with where the player is aiming.

Edited by Dotveg.5108
  • Like 2