Your most hated specs to fight against?

Grand Marshal.4098

44 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Are you blaming the enemy for fighting at a location they can use to their advantage because you chased them all the way back to it?

That's like a thief saying the enemy insisted on him using stealth to make the fight more even.

"The ones that attack you and fail and then..."

And I am not blaming them for anything, its simply what I dislike in an enemy "roamer".

6 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

"The ones that attack you and fail and then..."

And I am not blaming them for anything, its simply what I dislike in an enemy "roamer".

Except you said THEY "insisted" to fight at a tower. When in the same breath you said you where the one choosing to chase them. As the better fighter dont you control the field? But granted I suppose duelists have a natural dislike for roamers. Its just two different things.

But I digress, this was about specs. I just hate all the specs. Its easier that way. More balanced.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Except you said THEY "insisted" to fight at a tower. When in the same breath you said you where the one choosing to chase them. As the better fighter dont you control the field? But granted I suppose duelists have a natural dislike for roamers. Its just two different things.

But I digress, this was about specs. I just hate all the specs. Its easier that way. More balanced.

the mental gymnastics you perform...

• Like 4

Anything with mobility + stealth e.g. deadeye, D/P daredevil, ranger with LB+GS and smokescale pet. These can dead high damage from range and reset the fight when they want, plus it is difficult to run away from them. Stealth should be capped in WvVvW to make 8-10 seconds and there should be a 4 second reveal.

Willbender falls into this category. Guardians have always had excellent sustain and defenses and good damage. They have been balanced by the lack of mobility. Willbender has high mobility, damage and sustain all in one package. No serious weaknesses.

Some elementalist and revenants (vindicator) builds have so much sustain, it is just waste of time in 1 vs 1.

The holosmith has high damage. I think the original idea was to make holosmith into a glass cannon, but for some weird reason the devs added sustain and condition removal into the holosmith elite spec trait line.

Builds which vomit conditions like no tomorrow e.g. a lot of necromancer builds, scepter specter, condition mesmer.

I would balance most of these with 1-2 out of 3 game design rule: You can have damage, mobility or sustain, but not all of the 3. Evades and stealth also falls into sustain category, because they often allow the player to avoid damage in most real life fights.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

21 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Eles lacks constant power pressure builds like for excample willbender or reaper are. These builds are best countered with a lot of sustain untill they run out of gas and then apply damage yourself. For example a marauder reaper will always lose to a soldier reaper in a duell of equal skill level.

So for me against eles the build / gear choice is the easiest without any exception: I go full glass canon to overwhelm them. Otherwise the typical roaming eles simply are unkillable because they are all attrition builds (a ton of regeneration, a block/invuln here and there, constant mediocre pressure that will kill you eventually).

If I run into one of the very rare ele oneshot builds, I have 2 stunbreaks and 3 dodges (sigill of energy) in each of my builds to survive their stunlock attempt and then counterburst their tiny health pool.

Since Ele is like Engi with a large range of builds, the reason I brought them up while not saying I hate is because they have a lot of options that are good and viable versus when talking other classes and/or elites that seem to lack more options. When fighting an Ele or Engi there is less known factors that you can assume since they have more build options. Therefore there is more unknown in the encounter. At least to me on various builds.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Since Ele is like Engi with a large range of builds, the reason I brought them up while not saying I hate is because they have a lot of options that are good and viable versus when talking other classes and/or elites that seem to lack more options. When fighting an Ele or Engi there is less known factors that you can assume since they have more build options. Therefore there is more unknown in the encounter. At least to me on various builds.

I gave up trying to understand what eles exactly do years ago. All I know is they all perform an endless non adaptive skill rotation hoping that at the end of the day they win. That's why I go full glass. Just nuke into this performance to kill them faster than they can do their rotation thing.

The only eles that actually fight instead of just coming at range and starting to rotate, are the oneshot builds. These are definitely more fun to play against as their burst has a telegraph, which is the reason you don't see them that often - not enough cheese potential for the average wvw roamer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

As a warrior, Cele harbs, Cele untamed, Cele cata and permastealth/perma run DD/DE.  Its on my hate to fight list because a lot of the time. You capitalize on a massive amount of mistakes they either rocket back to full health, or in DD/DE case just reset the fight until cds are back up and being almost entirely uninteractive 70% of the fight between shadow portal, shadow step, daggerstorm, and agility Signet dodge spam(for DD) or just rifle dodge with kneel 4, and unkneel 4 spam for distance. (For DE)

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Thanks 1

Rn cele sc/f catalysts, between the boon vomit and aura spam, deciding whether to burst it feels more like a gamble than a calculated risk. With half the time involving me squinting at their boons/buff bar/attunement just to discern an opening. Switching to range is also usually out of the question since sc/f counters it by default. 

Second to that is core necro. Always hated going toe-to-toe with them since they have so much hp on hp to chop through.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I mostly just hate stealth spam more than any class in particular. The way stealth is handled is such a pain in the kitten, I know it's *meant* to do this, but the way stealth spam splits up an engagement is frustrating. Almost beating someone repeatedly only for them to be able to vanish and come back is one of the worst mechanics one can experience in a PvP game. I think stealth needs to be rebalanced, but God knows how without entirely maiming the classes that use it. Of all the unique concepts in GW2 (and while many did work), I think ANet's implementation of stealth in WvW is the worst.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

I mostly just hate stealth spam more than any class in particular. The way stealth is handled is such a pain in the kitten, I know it's *meant* to do this, but the way stealth spam splits up an engagement is frustrating. Almost beating someone repeatedly only for them to be able to vanish and come back is one of the worst mechanics one can experience in a PvP game. I think stealth needs to be rebalanced, but God knows how without entirely maiming the classes that use it. Of all the unique concepts in GW2 (and while many did work), I think ANet's implementation of stealth in WvW is the worst.

The class with access to so much stealth, also has access to a tonne of blind. 

• Like 4

Deadeye deserves a special place in hell. I don't think this needs an explanation.

Beyond that of course Cele anything is annoying to 1v1, but in particular I think Cele Rene is disgustingly faceroll, and I say this as a Rev main. The damage to sustain ratio on that build is just wild. And you can't run away from them either unless you have a ton of burst mobility in your build. 

Trapper Rune Druid/DH used to be some of my most disliked specs because of how busted the 6pc effect was, but now that the runes are reworked that problem has ceased to exist.

I get a little triggered when I see Willies blow their whole load deep in a group with their wild cleave damage, RF, and insta bounce outta there still alive, but I think this is also just due to pugs being clueless.

Special mention to power FA Scepter Eles. Mostly Weaver/Cata. I don't think the specs are OP, but I personally just dislike *how* they deal damage if that makes sense. It's a mix of a lot of their skills being castable without having to face their target, the sudden burst damage that is relatively poorly telegraphed, and the constant superspeed. Props to people who play it well because it doesn't seem easy, I just don't like getting instagaped lol. L2P issue? Probably.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Special mention to power FA Scepter Eles. Mostly Weaver/Cata. I don't think the specs are OP, but I personally just dislike *how* they deal damage if that makes sense. It's a mix of a lot of their skills being castable without having to face their target, the sudden burst damage that is relatively poorly telegraphed, and the constant superspeed. Props to people who play it well because it doesn't seem easy, I just don't like getting instagaped lol. L2P issue? Probably.

It's always https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gale that gets me in that matchup. It's unblockable, hard to see, and easily long enough to kill you if your stun break is on CD.

Playing condi engi, I have to run from cele harb and any competent core necro. Their sustain is tuned for big fights in WvW. On some core necros, I literally cannot do enough damage to overcome their shroud regen even if I land everything and they land nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, senftube.6081 said:

Yep sure and thats why 90% of the playerbase play that class. Oh no.....

?

when mech was so broken that it dominated every single role in everything it did (tank, heal, dps) did 90% of the playerbase play it? oh no...

when cata "was so broken" (or people thought because the best players in the world stacked it that one time) did 90% of the playerbase play it? oh no...

when harb was 1shotting people with the elixir ult did 90% of the playerbase play it? oh no...

gtfo of here with that stupid argument...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

I dont have too many problems with most builds but I do have ones i do not wish to fight and game mechanics I hate.

- Any Daredevil build. This is a build I despise because of the combination of the mobility, disengage potential, stealth spam, almost free cleanse to everything and low cooldowns. You have to burst them down very quickly or hope they mess up somehow.

-Deadeye cuz stealth on dodge and high range pressure which includes immob spam is very fun to fight against. same as Daredevil. I carry target painters for this one mess.

-Any build that can cast behind them without having to face the target or with no animations and no cast time. Grenades, Mortar shells, Arcane skills, Scepter / Focus ele, cluster bomb, Daze glyph, Spinal Shivers, steal, etc you get the point.

-Cele Hammer cata and Cele untamed. just because they are not as popular as other cele builds doesnt mean they are not even stronger than the popular Renegade, Virt and Harbinger builds, you just dont see them. the insane stacking of damage reduction, 25 might that isnt short lived, projectile hate etc yeah that isnt fun. try existing next to a hammer cata without melting or damaging untamed.

-Chill and slow whatever the build cuz it makes the game play like kitten but that is just personal. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

?

when mech was so broken that it dominated every single role in everything it did (tank, heal, dps) did 90% of the playerbase play it? oh no...

when cata "was so broken" (or people thought because the best players in the world stacked it that one time) did 90% of the playerbase play it? oh no...

when harb was 1shotting people with the elixir ult did 90% of the playerbase play it? oh no...

gtfo of here with that stupid argument...

Maybe not 90 % but every time someone brings up a chart thief is super low. Their argument still stands, your argument is weak and your anger at the end is cringy but out of place. Who's asking for what when a squad is forming? 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1