Why is daily activity in the PVE category? They're usually PVP events.

Firebeard.1746

But something like Southsun Survival, you are actively trying to kill other players.  So some activities are basically a race (sanctum sprint), and some are a bit between (keg brawl and crab toss, where you are sort of fighting other players, but that isn't the main goal)

If the point of the new system was to let players finish dailies for playing the game how they normally would (so things like killing/looting enemies fall into that category), activities and jumping puzzles are about as far away from that as you can get - very few players do the activities unless it is a daily.  JP's may get a bit more, but probably not the specific one being called for (if the achievement was do a jumping puzzle, then a decent number of players might do that as part of normal play, or at least wouldn't have to make a special trip to whatever the daily JP is)

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I dislike how often 'daily activity' is one of the mandatory tasks. Before the WV it was pretty uncommon as a daily task but now it seems like I see it at least twice a week.

I agree that adventures/races should be included and it should just become "Complete one Activity, Adventure, or Race" if it's going to come up this frequently. Give people more of a choice, especially considering some of them can break like Crab Toss did last week.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I personally dislike the activities a lot and I am sorry for whatever team gets me on a keg brawl, but I have 0 enjoyment in being tossed around and as very much not a pvp player I simply just hang around and don't really play properly (I try but yeah, result is as it is - bad). Even more so for the survival one and crab toss - walk a bit, ignore the objectve completely. I did choose PvE because I want to avoid PvP tasks...

Definitelly agree with the proposal of adding races and adventures into the mix.

Edited by Atria.6729
spelling correction
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Atria.6729 said:

I personally dislike the activities a lot and I am sorry for whatever team gets me on a keg brawl

I'm in the same boat and it was really annoying when the activity was bugging out. I think it was crab toss but we couldn't interact with the crabs, so not only was it PVP, it was also not completable when I attempted it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I'm in the same boat and it was really annoying when the activity was bugging out. I think it was crab toss but we couldn't interact with the crabs, so not only was it PVP, it was also not completable when I attempted it. 

Considering all you had to do was run around until timer ran out and you would have completed it with zero points scored how was it not completable?

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Broken crab toss means you just sat around for 5 minutes (or whatever the timer is) to get credit.  All the activities are that way - you need to do is participate, not win, so you could enter the activity, basically AFK until it completes, and claim credit.

I always consider it a big bonus when I join an activity that is just about to finish, so I get the rewards near immediately and don't have to play, which probably covers 90% of the player base.  Meaning, they only do the activity because it is a daily, not because they enjoy it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I guess the question is, what is the point of making players do content they rather not do?  I'm sure Anet has the figures on how many people normally participate in an activity on any non daily day, and can probably see it is a very small percentage of the playerbase.  I thought some of the idea behind the revamp of dailies was for players to get the daily for content they would just get through normal play, but from what I've seen so far, that is anything but the case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I guess the question is, what is the point of making players do content they rather not do?  I'm sure Anet has the figures on how many people normally participate in an activity on any non daily day, and can probably see it is a very small percentage of the playerbase.  I thought some of the idea behind the revamp of dailies was for players to get the daily for content they would just get through normal play, but from what I've seen so far, that is anything but the case.

+1

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 9/11/2023 at 5:04 AM, Pinkeh.4207 said:

a boring 10 minutes of watching TV shows. just move the char every 2 minutes to not get auto kicked. 

I don't think we should defend broken stuff and even an objective that doesn't match its intended category. I appreciate the bug being fixed. Still think more things should count. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Outside of the GW2 definition, Activities are all 100% PvP. You directly interact with other players in a competitive context. That is not a PvE experience, and l would not file it under a PvE category. Honestly, they should be full-fledged PvP modes and be expanded upon, but that's a different topic.

I do think combining the Activities daily with Adventures does sound like a good compromise, so I wouldn't be opposed to that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2023 at 5:12 AM, Caitmonster.9036 said:

I dislike how often 'daily activity' is one of the mandatory tasks. Before the WV it was pretty uncommon as a daily task but now it seems like I see it at least twice a week.

I agree that adventures/races should be included and it should just become "Complete one Activity, Adventure, or Race" if it's going to come up this frequently. Give people more of a choice, especially considering some of them can break like Crab Toss did last week.

At least those activities are 100% completable even if they bug out. Last time when Sanctum Sprint was up i managed to "sprint" myself right into a wall and was locked (and unable to free myself) till the time ran out, but still managed to get that completion.

But yes, more choices would be good.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Activities were PvE dailies under the old system as well. My guess is they thought PvP players would complain if activities were counted as PvP because although you're competing against other players you're not fighting them using your combat build and skills so it's not what most people typically think of as PvP.

I don't think it's because you can get credit for participation without doing anything, because one of the PvP dailies is "Compete in 1 Player vs. Player Team Battle" which works exactly the same way - you don't have to win, I don't think you even have to score, you just have to be in the match until it ends to get credit. Under the old daily system some people would set up custom arenas specifically for dailies where one team would agree not to do anything so the other team could win, then they'd swap round.

• Like 2

Kinda historical. Old achievement system listed this on the PvE dailies as well. I agree though - the permanent achievements for those activities afaik are even listed amongst the PvP stuff. (It is still better than another EoD achievement as daily there instead lol. 😄 Weeklies already have enoguh of EoD.)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

I don't think we should defend broken stuff and even an objective that doesn't match its intended category. I appreciate the bug being fixed. Still think more things should count. 

I do remember what happened on that broken crab toss... everyone was throwing karka eggs, hitting with planks and enjoying themselves... that's a fun activity with no toxicity... and even if the activity is bugged, everyone has fun.

but imagine playing PvP, your teammates targeting u and typing bad words on team chat belittling u. 

That's the difference between an activity and toxic competitive game mode...

Being in an activity, even if you're kicked around, you will never feel depressed ... can't say the same for PvP where your contribution matters to the team and influence the outcome and inturn their experience and time investment...

Conclusion: is perfectly fine to have crab toss and South sun survival under activities

X)

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Totally agree with this topic. Every activity is pvp, it has nothing to do with pve. I don't like pvp at all, I don't like wvw either, which is why I am only signed up for pve dailies. Making these a daily (especially in pve) will not make them more popular or more enjoyable. 

Thankfully the extra daily added to our list of options (which still isnt enough, btw) means I will never have to do an activity again. I will say though that I  would do activities if adventures or races counted for it.

Good luck getting anyone to do activities or the long painful mini dungeons now that there is an optional daily we can avoid. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 9/10/2023 at 1:56 PM, Firebeard.1746 said:

You just had to run the timer out...I had the same issue, and it was completed.  Full credit.  Everyone just ran around and hit each other with planks lol.