PLEASE stop ramming Cantha down my throat.

Jaxson.1593

I've not completed the first LW story (well, I did it back when it was new, before you had it as a side-bar, but not "officially"), nor have I completed the PoF story yet (I'm in the process). I'd like to do them somewhat in order, but your choice of Dailies and Weeklies ALWAYS forces me to do stuff in Cantha. Kind of annoying to HAVE to do stuff out of the natural story order -- sort of defeats the purpose of having story, does it not?

I like the new system, but one thing it fails at, abysmally, is that it has exactly 4 things and you have to do all of them. And every single one includes CANTHA.😒 Likewise with the weeklies. You did not do that before, we had OPTIONS.

I don't like jumping puzzles (to each their own), so I don't do those. Before, I could get "completion rewards" despite not doing everything, because it was 'x of y' things, and you had enough different options.

PLEASE switch back to that -- add more things, fine -- 6 or 7 dailies, 10 or 12 weeklies, whatever. Do 2/3rds of each for the completion reward...

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

Iirc, they are adding another option to the dailies in today's patch. That's a step in the right direction but I agree with the OP, that more  choices would be better. And, while I've enjoyed doing the Cantha dailies/weeklies, it does seem like there are a lot of them. Personally, I'd like to see Anet mix that up a bit too,  so that we get more options in other areas besides Cantha.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Oddly I've had very few Cantha dailies.

But what you are proposing is that the game doesn't just track which expansions you've bought, but also where you are in the personal story, and incorporates that data into the daily system, i.e. not putting in dailies of content you haven't done the story for yet? kitten, all these extra systems ANet has to create to track everyone's personal situation and preferences. The other day someone wanted to be able to reset map completion, but completely forgot that HP's also give "currency" to unlock traitlines and would be giving it twice (and more times) with every map completion reset. So it wouldn't be a simple map completion reset; there'd have to be an exception made (or different system) for HP's. Today I read that someone wants to be able to turn off specific masteries because it's causing problems for their gameplay.

What I'm trying to say is that ANet can't cater to everyone's personal needs/desires/preferences/etc. Such a thing would be simply unmanageable, let alone impossible unless they think of every possible need/desire/preference/etc., send every player a query containing all of that and every player send it back to them, completely filled in. While I understand wanting to do the story in order, when we make such personal choices it has consequences and they aren't always to our liking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jaxson.1593 said:

I've not completed the first LW story (well, I did it back when it was new, before you had it as a side-bar, but not "officially"), nor have I completed the PoF story yet (I'm in the process). I'd like to do them somewhat in order, but your choice of Dailies and Weeklies ALWAYS forces me to do stuff in Cantha. Kind of annoying to HAVE to do stuff out of the natural story order -- sort of defeats the purpose of having story, does it not?

I like the new system, but one thing it fails at, abysmally, is that it has exactly 4 things and you have to do all of them. And every single one includes CANTHA.😒 Likewise with the weeklies. You did not do that before, we had OPTIONS.

I don't like jumping puzzles (to each their own), so I don't do those. Before, I could get "completion rewards" despite not doing everything, because it was 'x of y' things, and you had enough different options.

PLEASE switch back to that -- add more things, fine -- 6 or 7 dailies, 10 or 12 weeklies, whatever. Do 2/3rds of each for the completion reward...

Man, you must have a pretty big mouth if Canth fits in it.  You could always choose not to receive PvE dailies.  Your choosing to do Cantha dailies, you're not being forced.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Oddly I've had very few Cantha dailies.

But what you are proposing is that the game doesn't just track which expansions you've bought, but also where you are in the personal story, and incorporates that data into the daily system, i.e. not putting in dailies of content you haven't done the story for yet? kitten, all these extra systems ANet has to create to track everyone's personal situation and preferences. The other day someone wanted to be able to reset map completion, but completely forgot that HP's also give "currency" to unlock traitlines and would be giving it twice (and more times) with every map completion reset. So it wouldn't be a simple map completion reset; there'd have to be an exception made (or different system) for HP's. Today I read that someone wants to be able to turn off specific masteries because it's causing problems for their gameplay.

What I'm trying to say is that ANet can't cater to everyone's personal needs/desires/preferences/etc. Such a thing would be simply unmanageable, let alone impossible unless they think of every possible need/desire/preference/etc., send every player a query containing all of that and every player send it back to them, completely filled in. While I understand wanting to do the story in order, when we make such personal choices it has consequences and they aren't always to our liking.

There would be an easy fix for that which would not involve such tracking.  Allow players to access 12 options and choose 3.  In all of the years that those options were available, I never once had a problem finding three to do.  Now, though, suddenly there was some pressing need to use dailies to lead people to specific content,  Fact is, ANet went out of their way to reduce options when they already had a system that catered to a lot more people than this one does.  All they had to do was change the rewards without changing how tasks were accessed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

A suggestion I had is that players could select what expansions PvE dailies are pulled from, so one could limit themselves to core tyria, HoT, PoF, EoD, etc.  That logic exists to some degree, because the game  will produce different dailies based on what the player has purchased - my only suggestion is that instead of what the player has purchased, the player just choose what it is.  I imagine it would still have to be something like "PoF is the latest to pull from", which might still include core game or HoT, as otherwise that would add a new set of combos that don't already exist (eg, EoD & HoT only is not currently an option, since I believe EoD requires/unlocks through PoF)

Today's dailies for me didn't have anything to do with Cantha 😛But on a serious note, it would be hard for them to make dailies that would filter specific combinations of contents that people had not played yet, specially because people don't have to buy everything to keep playing. They would have to have a lot of dailies for all LWS and expansions combinations.. not to mention they would have to create "checkpoints" to make it work. Too much trouble when the ideal is that people buy all LWS/expansions and play them asap.

Edited by leila.7962
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

all these extra systems ANet has to create to track everyone's personal situation and preferences

I think it'd be fine, if the Wizard's Toilet simply tracked the achievements that relate to the final boss fight of the expansions. That way, it can be like "Completed that fight? Here are dailies for that expansion's map."

Or they can simply revert dailies to the 12 daily choices, like the superior system had before. That way, people can choose their dailies, rather than being stuck with only dailies they don't want to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I think it'd be fine, if the Wizard's Toilet simply tracked the achievements that relate to the final boss fight of the expansions. That way, it can be like "Completed that fight? Here are dailies for that expansion's map."

How is this any different from what I said? You're still talking about a system they'd have to create to track story progression. And it would still be a waste of time and resources because it's a very niche request.

I don't ask the world to change when I make a personal choice but don't like the consequences. The fact that I made a choice means I considered the consequences and accepted them, or I wouldn't have made that choice in the first place.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Or they can simply revert dailies to the 12 daily choices, like the superior system had before. That way, people can choose their dailies, rather than being stuck with only dailies they don't want to do.

This I do agree with. I didn't see the need to separate the dailies of the different game modes. ANet can have their Wizard's Vault while keeping the 12 dailies from 3 different game modes active. Nothing would have worked any differently from how it works now; we'd just have more options. Adding an extra option for each daily mode is a nice gesture, but the change was unnecessary in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/13/2023 at 10:41 AM, Smoky.5348 said:

I'm very baffled how often EoD shows up in my dailies when PoF, HoT, and the entirety of core Tyria can be pooled from. What happened to the variety?

I have multiple accounts with varying expacs. Some are core only, some HoT, some PoF, one EoD and one with all. 

Every single day one lot of accounts has "the long way around" minidungeon. Every single day for the past week or more. Every. Single. Day.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

OP's post is exactly how I feel. I and my family own all the expansions but are in LWS3 in the story. I really enjoy the story and there is no way I'm visiting a future map to do a daily. At least now there is one extra daily but it's still possible to get two PvE dailies which you can't do because they are in PoF, EoD or SOTO. And if you miss the dailies by 1 then you only get 25 AA instead of 65 AA, it's a huge penalty.

So essentially we are being being penalized for having purchased expansions before we reached them in our story advancement. It's a completely boneheaded move by Anet, make the game worse for your customers if they give Anet money before they needed to.

I've switched to only doing WvW dailies for that reason, however my friends and family don't do much WvW so instead they have mostly given up on doing the dailies.

Anet need to fix this (only include dailies if you have actually visited and got say 5% map completion on the map) or add more choice than just the one spare daily we currently have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2