Broken Hero Challenge - Searing Cauldron (Iron Marches) [Merged]

6 minutes ago, RelentlessDecay.8729 said:

No because the bug is tied to the Hero Point not any vendors. What I meant and maybe stated poorly was for them to simply add a vendor next to the broken hero point that sold the items people need. They could copy any vendor in the game and simply move their destination anchor to be beside the Cauldron of Searing while they fix the underlying issue. 

Maybe?  They'd still have to insert that into their release process and I suspect that's why this has been taking so long.  The next patch is scheduled for this coming Tuesday when Super Box festival returns.  There was no patch last Tuesday.  It's pretty aggravating.  I'm waiting on it myself too.

It is very standard now-a-days in programming to have continuous deployment. You can tell they have it because you aren't booted off for minor updates. You are just told you have XX:XX time to logout and download the new patch. Old school style, all the servers have to come down to be updated and rebooted. Bug fixes shouldn't be slotted just into your "major release schedule". You call them out during it, sure, but you fix your bugs, especially if they are major. Absolutely abhorrent behavior. I get it, bugs can be tough, but come on. I know when a bug is a complicated within an hour or two. And it's severity dictates the need to patch in immediate solutions to ease the growing pains.. At some point you cross the line into incompetence or intent.

Edited by Slowwed.4935
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Maybe?  They'd still have to insert that into their release process and I suspect that's why this has been taking so long.  The next patch is scheduled for this coming Tuesday when Super Box festival returns.  There was no patch last Tuesday.  It's pretty aggravating.  I'm waiting on it myself too.

Definitely aggravating for sure. Hotfixing an additional NPC vendor in to the game would be an extremely easy process. Plus, Anet already does this with lots of their fixes. Last week alone I had to log out on 3 separate occasions to update my game mid session. While annoying, I would gladly take having to relog into the game for a fix if it meant I could progress my skyscale collection! 

As an added bonus, I reached out to support for any information on the issue and there reply was a poorly worded " We wont help you because you can simply buy the item from the vendor for a measily 100 gold". I love game support systems.

Edited to add another response from support: 
I asked " Can you give any timeframe as to when the fix will be rolled out because I dont want to spend my money to bypass a bug introduced by the team at ANET. 

There response" Issues like this one often are complex to resolve, and the time it takes to fix them can vary widely based on the severity and complexity of each issue. Because of this we are unable to provide a timeframe in which the issue might be resolved." 

Dont expect this to be fixed on tuesday for sure, and I wouldn't expect this to be fixed within the next month.

"Want your skyscale? Start digging in your wallet" -ANET  

Edited by RelentlessDecay.8729
Support response
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I'll be honest, I don't think anyone really cares what the fix is. Being a new account and committing to this collection over the Dragonfall collection and then being stop gapped like this is such a huge turn off. I really hope a fix comes sooner rather than later.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

How appropriate of a response given your screen name.  🤣

Seriously though, this is blocking people.  How can we trust them to be timely in the future with fixes and progression blockers when something so trivial is shrugged off for over a week as unimportant.  I get there are bugs, and then there is apathy.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, illuminati.8453 said:

Seriously though, this is blocking people.  How can we trust them to be timely in the future with fixes and progression blockers when something so trivial is shrugged off for over a week as unimportant.  I get there are bugs, and then there is apathy.  

My dude, Anet devs are fast as hell when compaired to other mmos! 

Try languishing for months or even years (Wakfu), hoping for a fix to a major problem.  Sure, you can be upset that something broke, but don't expect some temporary stop-gap measure to be implemented while they fix the problem.  These aren't the original devs and they have to be careful that their fixes don't break several other things.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This bug blocks THREE MAJOR PROGRESSES, I want to know why the GW2 ANET team is not having this as high priority as it should be for three MAJOR PROGRESS BLOCKS:

- Blocks the infusion for the Skyscale

- Blocks the obtaining of a Hero Point

- Blocks World Completion for "Gift of Exploration"

Sorry, ANET, but this is a MAJOR bug and NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP. Stop wasting players' time and asking them to purchase the infusion for 100 gold, or to go and do content that they do not enjoy just so they can "potentially" very "rare" obtain the right hero point from the right location from over 500 hero points in the game. 

This is ridiculous and this needs to be fixed and it needs to happen with the next update or patch. It has been what? 2-3 weeks? Your support isn't helpful at all on the matter and it is even more frustrating with their robotic or mindless replies like just spend 100g it's not much... to get what you can get easily in the game as intended. 

Edited by The Ghost.3087
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Oddly enough, I recently did the hero point for one of my newer characters like two weeks ago or so?  Then, after I finally got the skyscale egg I went back here to infuse it and was hit with the content disabled message.  If it were some exploit, I wonder what it really could have been?  Seems so innocuous.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Oddly enough, I recently did the hero point for one of my newer characters like two weeks ago or so?  Then, after I finally got the skyscale egg I went back here to infuse it and was hit with the content disabled message.  If it were some exploit, I wonder what it really could have been?  Seems so innocuous.

It could be a very specific combination of factors or a bug that crashes the game under certain conditions . However, this hero point has had problems before so it is prob a deep lying issue affecting wider things

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It could be a very specific combination of factors or a bug that crashes the game under certain conditions . However, this hero point has had problems before so it is prob a deep lying issue affecting wider things

Maybe they shouldn't have used it for the skyscale egg infusing quest then.  🙄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Maybe they shouldn't have used it for the skyscale egg infusing quest then.  🙄

I’d agree, but when I say it’s been a problem before, I believe it was post soto launch, so within last 6-7 months .

At least that’s my info from using the forum search function…

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Movie.2943 said:

I am waiting for this to be fixed so I can complete my map completion for Gift of Exploration. 

go into wvw, buy one hero point scroll for central tyria...simple stuff really. 
This scroll is probably one of the cheapest items in the game. 

Edited by GBEW.5947
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, GBEW.5947 said:

go into wvw, buy one hero point scroll for central tyria...simple stuff really. 
This scroll is probably one of the cheapest items in the game. 

i read a comment in Reddit that work around is not working.  

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 7:07 PM, illuminati.8453 said:

As someone who's had to patch stuff in code that's far more simple than whatever this game runs on, sometimes a 'simple fix' isn't as simple as it seems on a surface level.  There's probably some extra problems layered throughout the code for this specific point that causes multiple problems when one thing is fixed and it has to continually be pushed back as every new fix breaks something else.

Whack-a-mole with bugs,  especially with content that's from the core game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

As someone who's had to patch stuff in code that's far more simple than whatever this game runs on, sometimes a 'simple fix' isn't as simple as it seems on a surface level.  There's probably some extra problems layered throughout the code for this specific point that causes multiple problems when one thing is fixed and it has to continually be pushed back as every new fix breaks something else.

Whack-a-mole with bugs,  especially with content that's from the core game.

I love it too when people suggest a work around thats more complicated than the fix it self.

Like when the database channels broke down, and some maps were crashing, and people were saying they should make the servers save itself so of it crashes, it can restore itself to the state before crashing. wtf do you think a recovery system is?  you need a working database to do that.  and if you do that you’ve fixed the original problem.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

This is actually becoming a joke now, for nearly 2 weeks you're stopping people from progressing with Skyscale and Map completion.

How on earth is this still not fixed yet??? Put a temporary vendor with HP and Infusion next to it, seriously making me contemplate quitting the game. If such a small fix hasn't been done in 2 weeks why should we keep sinking money into your game?

FIX YOUR STUFF!!!!!

• Like 1

so, this thing, this particular HP that happens to be a very important reference from a time long gone, isn’t working for some ‘reason’, huh? And we’ve also got a very suspicious picture of a very ‘familiar’ place from a time long gone that may or may not be ‘related’ to this ‘magic cauldron’, huh?

Am I the only one seeing this, or am I about to be banned from the forums for spreading conspiracy theories again?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4