World Linking 9/29/2023

Roy Marks.7689

58 minutes ago, Deadhead.6947 said:

My whole rant was that wsr is considered full despite that fact that we have pretty much no people during night/ early hours..and that servers that have 24/7 activity are not full...

During prime on wsr you will see a 20 to 40 queue on ebg, and at most a 10 queue on an alpine border...compare that to the massive queues some other links have AND them having night crews... it just doesn't make sense really

And the german servers you complained about usually only have a queue in the evening. Riverside is only active in the evening and maybe an our or 2 in the morning and that's it. Abaddon is only active at night. No idea about Drakkar, sometimes they have a zerg running around in the morning but most of them only play in the evening.

And now a fun fact: Every EU server we (RS+Miller) were up against, had at least one blob running around from noon till evening (at least when I played when I got off from work earlier or had a day off). Maybe play during normal hours? Europe doesn't really have that many timezones. You guys don't have a link but can still stay in t3 which means there are more than enough people active on the server.

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

6 months no link for FSP, stuck in T5, good job!

So now when this happen to more then SFR, Gandara, Deso maybe it is more intersting to talk about how unfair the system is and unfun it makes for servers to not have any positive wvw for months and in Gandaras case it was even over a year and you are also closed when this happens. If Anet do not want to spilit servers up it should at the very least be a fair system where ALL hosts in EU are alone one time and then it starts over again. No host deserve this unfair treatment and if it happen in ANY other game there would be mutiny and people would scream unfairness, but in GW2 we have to wait for other servers to finally ge the same unfair treatment so that they realise how devastating it is for their server and their wvw time. 

Fairness should be that all hosts do it one time and then it starts over again. NOONE should have to do be the server that have no fun wvw for months and years. It is UNFAIR.

• Like 5

Well at least we know Anet specifically hates FSP. Guess we ran over devs one time too many.

What I would like is that they show us the relative sizes of the worlds. No need for exact numbers of players, just graphic bars is enough. If they dont dare showing us this information... well we know why.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Leaa.2943 said:

Fairness should be that all hosts do it one time and then it starts over again. NOONE should have to do be the server that have no fun wvw for months and years. It is UNFAIR.

As you have pointed out, you only realize how utterly kitten and braindead the current system is once you got unlinked. If they unlinked every server from time to time the community WOULD be up in arms.

Edited by Sonderm.4639

4 hours ago, Deadhead.6947 said:

WSR no link again :)))
Im not sure what anet does to determine player activity and server population?
WSR is only active during prime time, any other time we are outnumbered 10 to 1.
Our k/d might be high, but that doesnt mean anything in regards to winning our MU and moving up the ladder.
We get out PPT-ed by night crews and early morning people, because we simply dont have people to fill those voids .
Literally login on WSR after 12pm and you will see 5 people in EBG on our side, while enemies have 50+ zergs flipping everything unopposed...

idk how super stacked servers like FoW and RoS continue to get links ...
idk how german blob servers like abbadon / drakkar / riverside  keep getting links...

During the last 3 weeks we kept having to fight german servers as we went down the tiers due to lack of PPT, they literally have coverage 24/7
Literally login at 3 AM and you will see a 40 man german zerg flipping the map...
How is this not considered high activity?
It doesnt matter how much we farm them during prime, we just get out-PPTed during the night/morning.
And then a slow decent to t5...

I'm still having PTSD from WSR being thrown into T4 after Deso losing them. Was an interesting week of WSR having 80% of everything with bigger zergs than AG+RoS and whatever the other server was combined.

Then they shot up to T2 or T1 and there was finally peace.

• Like 1

I mean WSR avoids capping objectives on purpose to farm KDR. They throw matchups intentionally so they can fall back to tier 4 and farm KDR against untagged randoms. The few dedicated active guilds on WSR could just transfer to any mid-tier server and pull it to tier 1 and fight even matchups, but an even fight is what they fear the most.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well at least we know Anet specifically hates FSP. Guess we ran over devs one time too many.

What I would like is that they show us the relative sizes of the worlds. No need for exact numbers of players, just graphic bars is enough. If they dont dare showing us this information... well we know why.

Consider Gandara was closed for over a year with no link and we had no queue at all during that time except on reset when maybe 15 on one border the first hours and so it was the whole time i can tell you that what ever toold or dartboard they use, none of them are right. The unfairness to close servers for several months whilst keeping other servers with links at ALL time cough FoW cough cough is really unfair. Circle through hosts is the only wayt to do it so that we all know that we will only have to deal with that kitten one time and then wait for all other hosts to do it until it is our time again. That or split up servers so that there is enough links for hosts in EU. Because this is only a EU problem in NA all hosts have a link.

I just want to reduce the unfairness so that what FSP is going through now, and what SFR, Gandara, Deso been through many many times in the past will stop, and turn in to something more fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

As you have pointed out, you only realize how utterly kitten and braindead the current system is once you got unlinked. If they unlinked every server from time to time the community WOULD be up in arms.

Dude i am on Gandara, we are the server that been unlinked and closed for the longest time until we went on our knees and totally exhausted because there was only the few of us to keep it going. I know exactly what it means. And keeping it fair by letting all hosts go through it is the only way to go instead of target servers who do not have enough people at all. 

Fairness should be what we strafe towards. Not treating servers differently where some always get a link and others have to sit in tier 5 for months and months and sometimes even a year. That is not ok.

Well we have been saying for 7 years, how this Linking system doesn't work well, but here we are still running this cycle, every two months.

It still continues to defy logic behind some of their links, although we know the fact their population algorithm, is not accurate enough to give balanced links.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Maguuma, Yak's Bend

lol, YB stuck in T1 hell for eternity whether it be due to forced ties or now being linked to everyone's favorite server

We were linked with BG this last round and it was a lot of fun. I don't know what it looks like on Mag's end during the prime time window I'm logging in on though. Even if they log in to a queue, responses to other maps broke it up often enough. Different links though so who knows what it will look like. 

10 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

6 months no link for FSP, stuck in T5, good job!

7 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

So now when this happen to more then SFR, Gandara, Deso maybe it is more intersting to talk about how unfair the system is and unfun it makes for servers to not have any positive wvw for months and in Gandaras case it was even over a year and you are also closed when this happens. If Anet do not want to spilit servers up it should at the very least be a fair system where ALL hosts in EU are alone one time and then it starts over again.

I have a bit of a theory regarding that, but put on your tinfoil hats because it involves a fair bit of guessing.

Anyway, when a server finally falls under the bar to get a link, they go from having a hard time to find a link to have a hard time to shake a link. If it has a rather sizable amount of casual players (especially such players who rely on public tags for content), those tend to be more sensitive to queues and such things. It leaves an impression that once you are down there to share population with a link and prime quickly is queued or at the very least queued for preferred content - then it becomes increasingly difficult to pull your active population above the bar again - as you just have fewer players sitting through queues, playing in general or starting up public content because there is less room to do so.

Similarily, when falling under the bar that is usually accompanied by a collapse of such content for other reasons (If people boycott that is what they are trying to achieve). However, if things finally fall apart enough to fall under the bar, that is when you begin to see activity crumble more and more over time. So just as hard as it may be to tank activity on purpose, it also is to claw activity up above the bar once you have gone under it - even more so if you share world population.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

We were linked with BG this last round and it was a lot of fun. I don't know what it looks like on Mag's end during the prime time window I'm logging in on though. Even if they log in to a queue, responses to other maps broke it up often enough. Different links though so who knows what it will look like. 

If u turn team chat offline then is pretty okay. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

YB was linked with DH last time--always stuck in T1 because of ties