wizards vault still stupid

hello yes back to complain once again about the daily wizards vault

today we have 2 stupid things on the pve menu

vexa dungeon which is majorly stupid because the robots cheat and takes 30 minutes to finish

and an activity which is a pvp event and takes at least 10 minutes

so i cant skip 2 events or i dont get my daily reward so i guess i just miss it today

thanks in advance for your comments

well anyways

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 33
  • Sad 2

I am just... getting bored with it.

1: Daily Activity: Please stop pushing this buggy PvP content in PvE Dailies
2: Dodge Roles: System says 'evaded' update in vault still 0/3 - and we get this WAY too often as daily
3: Combo fields: Same story as dodges "You have reach max training on this" at heart where you do combo with that lady... (I believe she says that after 3 or 4) Vault says 1/3. 
4: Vexa's lab: You seriously have no other dungeons than this and the Straights of Devastation one?

I am really getting bored with it. They are extremely repetitive and pull from a WAY too small pool of choices. 
the Vault system is good... choose what you want instead of just dropping stuff for us but.
- Way too little choice of usefull stuff, I already have all the good stuff and that was not even a month in
- The pool of dailies makes them extremely boring and repetitive. I cannot be bothered to do the same 3 dodge roles multiple times a week. That is NOT content.

You might recognize this fraze and I mean this: "Not worth my time"

On points 2 and 3. How is it even possible that the system can count correctly AND incorrectly at the same time? When I dodge role and see "Evaded" on my screen, the system CLEARLY and UNMISTAKENLY noticed that I succesfully evaded an attack with a dodge role, yet the Fault says 'Nope" and the same goes for Combo Fields. This puzzles me.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

2: Dodge Roles: System says 'evaded' update in vault still 0/3 - and we get this WAY too often as daily
3: Combo fields: Same story as dodges "You have reach max training on this" at heart where you do combo with that lady... (I believe she says that after 3 or 4) Vault says 1/3. 
4: Vexa's lab: You seriously have no other dungeons than this and the Straights of Devastation one?

I am really getting bored with it. They are extremely repetitive and pull from a WAY too small pool of choices. 
the Vault system is good... choose what you want instead of just dropping stuff for us but.
- Way too little choice of usefull stuff, I already have all the good stuff and that was not even a month in
- The pool of dailies makes them extremely boring and repetitive. I cannot be bothered to do the same 3 dodge roles multiple times a week. That is NOT content.

On points 2 and 3. How is it even possible that the system can count correctly AND incorrectly at the same time? When I dodge role and see "Evaded" on my screen, the system CLEARLY and UNMISTAKENLY noticed that I succesfully evaded an attack with a dodge role, yet the Fault says 'Nope" and the same goes for Combo Fields. This puzzles me.

What does "you have reached max training" on doing dodge have to do with getting this achievement done for Wizard's Vault? I have got this done by only doing a Rift where I dodge (and use combo field to cleanse conditions or blast a fire field for Might) where I do these things during that event.

You don't need to go to EoD where you will be introduced to game mechanic like Dodge roll, Combo field or Defiance bar (break bar) at a Heart there. You can get this done just from playing normally or go to any Golem like in Lion's Arch or in PvP Lounge where you have plenty of training Golems that you can fight, so you don't need to be afraid they attack you back.

The only thing that you need for dodge is to be in combat mode (attacking anything that can take damage will put your character in that mode) and do a couple of dodges. Combo fields is the same, put your character in combat mode by attacking an NPC and then use any skill that can produce a field and blast it with a finisher (tooltip have that information if you look for each skills tooltip on weapon and utility).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Well you have to be in combat for dodgeing to work so hit the mob first.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I keep an alt parked at the EoD training grounds.  I have had no problem getting the dodge, defiance bar, or combo there... but they come automatically in normal play anyway.  He does the heart while there as needed. I also use him to teleport to the Thousand Seas Pavilion because there is an activity dude there. The activities are pretty dumb, and I would never do them except for the daily points... but you do not have to participate - just be there.  I move around, because I got kicked out of it one time for being AFK (I was not AFK, just not participating).  After the activity the Thousand Seas Portal takes him back to the training grounds.  As far as dailies go, those are a bit boring, but easy.  I did dodge, combo, and activity today in less than 5 minutes.  There is also a dungeon today, but I do not have time for dungeons, and rarely play instanced content.

What could easier? 😎

• Like 4

I admit the choices are stale.

The system on itself is fine, but I do wish the cycle for "rewards" was monthly, rather than sitting there with acclaim almost maxed out after buying essentially everything I can available to me for now and nothing to spend it on except crafting bags-- or gold if I'm desperate. The 3 months feels excessive ngl given how much acclaim you can get in a week (or two).

By Joko, we need way more options than what we got atm.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

2. This has only worked for me if I'm in combat. Get in combat and just dodge dodge dodge. Don't even need to dodge anything.

3. Gotta be in combat. Just figure out what skills of yours make a combo field + combo finisher, get into combat, and do it. You can do this with things like the training golems. You can also go to like any world boss and immediately get it while fighting the boss with people; just drop a field/finisher. Pinata gets me it in seconds.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"Like, OMG! Getting the daily is like... so hard. What do you mean I have to dodge! Just because dodging is a core skill that I'll use in every single fight, and I should have down pat by the time my very first character reaches level 10 doesn't mean that I should have to do it for a daily. Like, OMG!"

It took me 10 minutes, TEN, to run Vexa's Lab from start to finish. Then I jumped into the Mad King's Labyrinth and ran around for a half an hour. I finished the dodge and combo dailies at some point without even trying.

Dodging and combos have been an integral part of GW2 since it launched over 11 years ago. At some point you might want to try them out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The complaint about Vexa's is partly that it is repetitive - it shows up at least once a week, maybe twice a week.  So unlike the old system where I'd do JPs as one would show up and I'd be like "I haven't done that for 2 months, I'm willing to do it again", that feeling has run out with the minimal set of JPs/mini dungeons in the current rotation.  The same can be said for activities - while activities showed up in the old system, it seems like they showed up less often (or maybe because I had the WvW options as well, i'd usually do those instead because doing the same activity 2 times a week is also fairly tiring)

I think the time it takes to do Vexa's is less an issue - still going to be faster than an activity.  Some can go fast (keg brawl), but for sanctum sprint, it doesn't matter that you got to the top - you have to sit around for a couple minutes and wait for the timer to run out.  Same I think for crab toss - it is highest score at the end of the timer.  If one is lucky, one joins an instance a minute before it completes so you get credit for completing it, without wasting much time in it.  But the fact that is the ideal situation perhaps says something about the activities themselves.

Only gotcha for Vexa's lab is that it does reset, so if you get there a minute before it is about to reset, you probably don't have time to get to the end, so have to wait that minute, and then going through the fresh dungeon takes a little bit (but not much) longer.

I still don't know why they can't put adventures back in like there used to be - fallen masks, drone race, doing a race around PoF, etc.  It seems like there is a lot of potential things, which would still take a few minutes, but at least add some variety to the set vs what is there now.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I do wonder what the incentives for the wizards vault were.  Not for players, mind you, but for Anet.  On the player side they're less flexible dailies.  The most important thing is that the randomized nature and more active requirements make daily login farming less profitable for players.  However it seems like the biggest source of income from whales came from players buying a bunch of accounts to get the login rewards.

Is Anet expecting the whales to move toward direct gold purchases?  Was the alt farming affecting the in-game economy that negatively?  Are they hoping that the pseudo-FOMO method would force more purchases?  What was the purpose of this change?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

14 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

1. What bugs?
  2. You must be in combat for it to count. You can literally do it with any enemy in about 5 seconds.
  3. You must be in combat for it to count. You can literally do it with any enemy in about 5 seconds.
  4. 4 in total out of like 25. Vexa's takes about 10 minutes and other than the end boss has no difficulty. Vasburg takes 2 minutes and the first room can be skipped. Long Way Around takes about a minute(turtle) and Spirit Vestibule, which is garbage.

We aren't even 2 months in and people are starting to complain that there is nothing useful left in the WV, while on release the complaining was about how grindy it will be to be able to get everything useful. Nice.

14 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

vexa dungeon which is majorly stupid because the robots cheat and takes 30 minutes to finish

If Vexa's Lab takes 30 minutes that's on you, not the game. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Crab toss, Sanctum Sprint--rinse and repeat.  Boring.   There are other activities that can be added to the rotation!!

There are many more JPs that can be added to the rotation as well. Seems it just a couple that repeat. 

p.s.  Vexx's lab30 minutes? --player issue

• Like 6

Am I only one finishing dailies and majority of weeklies just by playing game and doing stuff I normally do? I do have all option on so for me it is always mix of PvE, PvP and WvW. One PvP game mostly give me 2-3 daliy task done since you finish dodge there in like 5 secs.

15 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

vexa dungeon which is majorly stupid because the robots cheat and takes 30 minutes to finis

Can be challending for old ppl with slow reflexes. Normally it does not take even 10 mins if you do it all alone. Other day I had it as daily and since ppl were doing it, then boss was dead so it took me like 2 mins to do it all.

Here is easy old and still relevant guide:

15 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

and an activity which is a pvp event and takes at least 10 minutes

Not sure if troll or serious. Today's activity is Sanctum spirit so race where you just run and jump and take not even 5 mins.

Again old and still relevant guide:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I do wonder what the incentives for the wizards vault were.

One of the developers said that something like 90% of all of the gold that entered the game was from log in rewards.

Also, it's a known fact, because people have flat out admitted that they did this, that a lot of people had 50 or 100 or even 200 free accounts which they would log into every day in order to get the log in reward gold. Then, at the end of the month, they'd log onto each account and mail the gold to their main account that they actually played.

It's obvious from the design of the Wizard's Vault that it's set up to reward people who actually play the game while making it so time consuming to have 50 or 100 free accounts as to not be worth it. So, in other words, people who actually play the game can now get far more rewards than in the past, while people who try to game the system by farming log in rewards, get basically nothing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I like a lot of the PvE wizard vault daily.  While dodging & combo are repetitive, you do get those fairly quickly if you do anything (combos can be a little more annoying depending on your build - you may need other players, but with the labyrinth for halloween, that isn't an issue).

Gathering is less specific, and since I have a fairly full instance, I get that done easily every day.  The crafting is fast, but often I need to actually go out of my way to do it - I don't craft things every day, but a few times a week as material storage gets filled up.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

You need to be in combat. for them to count.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

I noticed on the dodge ones that successfully dodging usually doesn't count, but dodging late and getting hit then dodging...counted.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

There are a multitude of jumping puzzles and mini dungeons to choose from.

Those are equally as difficult and near impossible to do as expressed by others comments. Not to mention, the time involved. I have a career, wife, kids and need a time wasting activity that respects the 2-3 mins  a week I have. Can we have some reasonable discussion about how real players that have real lives can be rewarded quickly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3