Should mounts be added to wvw ?

MarkoNS.3261

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Krypto.2069 said:Mounts in WvW would make it an
ABSOLUTE CIRCUS
in the worst way! :-1:Just think about what those mounts can do, particularly - Griffon, Springer and Raptor, and how that
WOULDN'T
be good for WvW unless you just want
100% CHAOS!

Side note: maybe having a
mount weekend
just for laughs might
fly
:wink: LOL!

and instead of little chaos what have wvw be the same boring mode it is forever ?

You somehow think adding mounts will change the game for the better lol? All it will lead to is more lag and players like yourself that want to run from fights. Hell to the no, if you can't handle the heat then stick with your zerg. If you want to play with your mount you can do it fucking anywhere but WvW and you still whine.

Absolutely not. Gliding is one thing, it doesn't increase your speed beyond swiftness levels.

A lot of people don't realize that balance that would come with something like this is having the mount have a 5-10second cast time. They are not going to be able to cowardly flee away instantly like they are asking to...

If mounts were added to the game A-net would have to rebalance alot of things in wvw. All walls/gates/camp guards should have low Hp because of how fast everyone would be able to response. Seige would need a anti siege damage buff. Then you would have to look into balancing the dismount attack and exploits with the mounts natural skills. Roamers are already have issues with players being able to disengage from fights but with mounts that would make some classes stupidly OP. Imagine a glassy thief he fails to burst you the first time so he run, stealth and mount up to get away. Mounts are a good idea but A-net would have to re-balance most of wvw around them.

Nope, at least not for now, WvW got enough problems as it is.

But I have no problem in putting mounts on the Edge of the Mists to see how they fare in a pvp environment and let's be honest who goes there nowadays?The EoTm is more desertic than the desert borderlands at least with mounts you breathe some life on it and please make it usable anywhere.(yes I know the implications)

From my side, this is a strong no.

Two main reasons:

• Don't forget that mounts are not equally appreciated. Me as an example, I enjoy them, but not for everything and not all the time. There are several reasons why. No need to start a list. But I can explain my biggest trouble: I keep suffering motion sickness at using skill 1 and at dismounting. If mounts would be added to WvW, all players would be forced to use them to be able to follow and for me, that would be bad, even more knowing how much WvW need to move around within small zones... I would not like it and probably not cope long.
  • I do not know for all of you, but me, I am regularly disturbed by the huge backpacks, huge gliders and diverse effects from all players bliding path and actions to others. If mounts would be added... That would go out of limits.

I go for maybe as it all depends on what ANet would do. However, I would say yes for 6th kind of mount, exclusive for WvW. The mount would offer 33% movement speed buff, no extra skills and animation should be limited to something simple to avoid unnecessary frame consumption (can't imagine 30+ people in zerg riding griffons). HP should be kept at as low as 100 to get dismounted once we get attacked so if we want to keep 33% of extra speed we would still need to use own buffs/skills. That would let us use our weapon/utility skills straight away without manual dismounting.I believe there would need to be more to think about, but that's how I see the scratch in general.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:Here is my 2 cents wvw has large maps that are not fast at all to traverse on foot and it has alot of players who like to stalk others, so mounts would help negate these 2 things and honestly i bought the expansion so i can play with my mounts and i want that option in wvw as well, you added gliding right time to add mounts as well.

The stalkers will also have mounts too... and since they can instantly mount won't be hard to chase after you still, if mounts had a cast time to them then you'd have a point there.

Waypoints are used to quickly get to further parts of the map, they are an important design of the wvw maps, important for defenders to build and defend, important for attackers to take away and take advantage of on building their own. Emergency waypoints already destroyed some of that importance, now if you add in mounts you'll pretty much make take away the last remaining importance of a keep.

Gliders were added at the end of HoT expansion, I expect the same will happen with PoF.

No as it leaves out those without PoF who just wanna WvW. Same goes for gliding but that got put in. Maybe because it forces people to buy HoT for the gliding if they ant it and ANET will do the same for PoF. But eh...I own it all but just think mounts would be too much. Hard to argue about making money though.

Archived