Inner Nayos meta boss fight

Do you like Inner Nayos meta?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like boss fight of Inner Nayos meta?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like Beacon part of Inner Nayos meta?

• Yes
    • No

I find it pretty boring. Didnt vote because its digestable but not really to my liking. Its basically hp sponge pinata with one  mechanic.

I guess this is just part 1 of the meta. Its fine for part 1. Just hope its not like Gyala where part 1 was a bit uninspired at the end and part 2 was just horrible.

• Like 2

I find the boss extremely boring.  The excessive use of invuln mechanic and lack of any phases or anything to break the monotony of hammering on a training golem for 10 minutes really doesn't do it for me.

I am more positive on the beacons.  I like that we can use our griffons and position rewinder to run charges faster.  Makes a fun little mini game.

• Like 3

It is fun that you can do it pretty fast - and it restarts often. (Not having to wait for a timer as with fixed meta events that only start every 2 hours.) The easy and fast boss fight is nice as well. Beacons: Okay. The whole event: Okay. Not too special. Didn't know the position rewinder worked - for me. I think when using it near the northern beacon and using the WP to go back south ... it didn't work. (Removed the start position.) And going normally back to south ... would not be worth the time.

The recommendation with the waypoint is fine though - read about it earlier a few days ago in another thread. I did not bother trying to learn an optimized route with griffon - always using the skyscale to stop at the 2nd last mini camp fire to refresh. I mean ... I'm probably not going to farm this over and over - just a bit every now and then. And it still always needs enough other players. I find it annoying that to the far left the info that you might get killed ... pops up - close to the border of the map. So I'll just stay with the skyscale. Convenient enough for me.

(Or maybe you are supposed to place the rewinder start at north and actualyl use it combined with the griffon - using the griffon to move south fast + then porting back?) I am doing other events anyways lol - to complete some of the other achievements. Dropping in one of the flames at the end to get credit when others almost finished the beacon. 😄

• Like 2

Beacon part is amazing if you can work a griffon, but it seems like 99% of the playerbase refuses to use anything but the skyscale so it ends up being much more of a slog than it has to. (seriously it's not hard, just air dash up four times with a skyscale, jade bot glide boost, swap to griffon, dive bomb, go 800 mph)

If the boss had another mechanic to rotate through it'd be great. Right now it's just "Every 15 seconds go hide behind a rock for 5 seconds", which is going to get really, really, really old after a while.

• Like 3

I hate the boss fight because of how much of an HP sponge it is. Spending more than 3~4 minutes on a single simple encounter, where mechanics don't drastically change as the boss' HP goes down, gets incredibly mindless and repetitive.

I wish Anet would understand that some players don't like mindless and repetitive contents that drag on. Some of us come from fighting games, strategy games, etc. and need something a bit more mentally stimulating, or at least has some variety. I'm not saying things have to be hard, just as long as it's not mindlessly repetitive where we're doing the exact same simple things for 5~10 minutes. Even something as simple as moving the pillar cover mechanic to start once the boss hits 50% HP would be nice, as it gives the fight 2 different phases. Another option is to reduce the HP of the boss so that we don't have to repeat the exact same things for 5~10 minutes.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

I hate the boss fight because of how much of an HP sponge it is. Spending more than 3~4 minutes on a single encounter gets incredibly repetitive unless the boss enters different phase that completely changes the encounter.

I just did the Seitung meta for the Weekly, and that one is a lot more boring than the new SotO meta, especially when you take the pre-events into account. Its boss fight isn't any better than Ignaxious, the phases are monotonous and the mechanics are simple -- the only "complexity" is for people to realize that ranged damage gets reflected by the boss and to bring stability or dodge at the right moment. And it feels sooooo darn long.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

It is fun that you can do it pretty fast - and it restarts often. (Not having to wait for a timer as with fixed meta events that only start every 2 hours.) The easy and fast boss fight is nice as well. Beacons: Okay. The whole event: Okay. Not too special. Didn't know the position rewinder worked - for me. I think when using it near the northern beacon and using the WP to go back south ... it didn't work. (Removed the start position.) And going normally back to south ... would not be worth the time.

The recommendation with the waypoint is fine though - read about it earlier a few days ago in another thread. I did not bother trying to learn an optimized route with griffon - always using the skyscale to stop at the 2nd last mini camp fire to refresh. I mean ... I'm probably not going to farm this over and over - just a bit every now and then. And it still always needs enough other players. I find it annoying that to the far left the info that you might get killed ... pops up - close to the border of the map. So I'll just stay with the skyscale. Convenient enough for me.

(Or maybe you are supposed to place the rewinder start at north and actualyl use it combined with the griffon - using the griffon to move south fast + then porting back?) I am doing other events anyways lol - to complete some of the other achievements. Dropping in one of the flames at the end to get credit when others almost finished the beacon. 😄

Yes.  Place the port at the north beacon, skyscale dash for altitude into griffon dive and you should be able to reach the south beacon in time to portal back.

• Thanks 1

It’s not great, although the events are fine in themselves I guess. It’s too short a cycle and makes it jarring seeing the boss up so often. It needs a bit more depth and a feeling we are achieving something, instead of having the boss respawn a short while after 

The other SoTo and EoD metas are better, although I appreciate this is stage one. The main map and I assume the castle will be the meat of it

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just did the Seitung meta for the Weekly, and that one is a lot more boring than the new SotO meta, especially when you take the pre-events into account. Its boss fight isn't any better than Ignaxious, the phases are monotonous and the mechanics are simple -- the only "complexity" is for people to realize that ranged damage gets reflected by the boss and to bring stability or dodge at the right moment. And it feels sooooo darn long.

Seitung is longer and there is some waiting before final boss. But the pre-event champ bosses there have more mechanics than Ignaxious who really has one notable mechanics and thats it.

In the end I think we are kinda bored with these meta events. I am for sure. It's been a norm for a long time now that each map needs to have a big meta event and it's becoming stale. I think the last map that really broke this mould was Grothmar. The last meta event I actually enjoyed was Dragon's End. Its just so long that's its hard for me to find the time to do it in full. I also liked Drakkar which is quite standard but still more interesting than many after and it's also a very cool dragon boss and the whole setting.

I wouldnt mind if we got more maps without these generic meta events. But those fewer metas should than be really good. I also hope we get another Verdant Brink someday. Although I doubt they are willing to ever do such an intricate and detailed map ever again.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the gate event. So... long... so... boring...

Hehe. I think we have given in the fact that from now we will have gates and big boulders to break all the time because otherwise players might forget turtle exists. And they just needed to add something to break with the new Skyscale mastery. I will take the gates as long as I don't need to do another turtle tunnel. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just did the Seitung meta for the Weekly, and that one is a lot more boring than the new SotO meta, especially when you take the pre-events into account. Its boss fight isn't any better than Ignaxious,

Interesting comparison. Because when I saw Ignaxious for the first time, the fight somehow reminded me of the Seitung meta final boss fight. 😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

Interesting comparison. Because when I saw Ignaxious for the first time, the fight somehow reminded me of the Seitung meta final boss fight. 😉

Maybe it's just my perception, or it's because the Nayos meta is new, but I find that the Seitung boss fight feels longer. Or, as I suggested earlier, this might be due to the fact that the Seitung pre-events are boring, while the Beacon pre-event is fun (I just love to fly around 😄).

• Confused 1

On 11/14/2023 at 4:50 PM, Cuks.8241 said:

In the end I think we are kinda bored with these meta events.

I prefer instanced content, but I enjoy metas in general. They are pretty uniquely implemented compared to other mmo games. There are a couple events in Dragonflight that reminded me of gw2 metas, but nowhere near on the same scale.

tl;dr remove/scaleback mounts from meta events and either re-focus or hire more devs to create combat-focused events.

Expanded thoughts: My issues lie with the recent meta events and Inner Nayos' rollout specifically. Vehicle combat has never been fun to me, and we've now had 6 metas in a row that incorporate -- or in some cases heavily rely on -- using mounts (Dragon's End saltspray gates, Gyala 1 where the turtles need to break down the gates and Gyala 2 which was probably my least enjoyed event experience in gw2 ever, Skywatch orb phase, Amnytas orbs and boss, and now beacons in Inner Nayos).

I think the goal was to highlight the mounts themselves as they have received a lot of acclaim for their mount system, but I don't think this was the play. The mounts were held in high regard because of how fresh they made the concept of mounts in general feel, but I don't think adding them into meta events, especially to fight final bosses, feels good at all. I don't want to ride around on a turtle collecting orbs only to fight the void boss for 5% of its health at the end. I don't want to do an entire series of events in Amnytas only to get to hit the boss for maybe a minute only for it to die to yoga (!?) and then using fireballs to shoot its eyes out. I want to play my class, and the recent meta events just take away from that experience, either in part of predominantly, and that's where I start to check out. 

Inner Nayos also feels really weird because they are, I'm assuming, rolling it out in phases. I know it's apart of their new xpac strategy, but strictly speaking to the meta it just felt like a very weak first major patch. If the meta had been released in full that might have felt more impactful, but really unless you are making open world legendary armor this expansion so far doesn't seem to be offering much to those of us who either already have legendary armor or just aren't interested. Having the metas also be weak on top of only adding 2 new strike missions just leads to the entire release feeling rather poor and lacking in quantity thus far. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is good like how Drizzlewood Coast was great at launch. Reasonably sized and doesn't take forever to go through all the events and get the daily loot. Just like Drizzlewood, when it gets fully released and I have all AP done, I'll never want to come back to it ever again. The fate of all meta focused maps released in pieces.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:33 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I find the boss extremely boring.  The excessive use of invuln mechanic and lack of any phases or anything to break the monotony of hammering on a training golem for 10 minutes really doesn't do it for me.

I am more positive on the beacons.  I like that we can use our griffons and position rewinder to run charges faster.  Makes a fun little mini game.

unfortunately as we've seen with silent surf and cosmic observatory challenge motes, this seems to be the only way they can design content now. their solution to powercreep is to just make all future encounters into dps golems, (the demon knight in convergences is also the same).

i'm hoping the second and third parts of the meta have more interesting gameplay options.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 1

On 11/15/2023 at 4:46 PM, Nightcore.5621 said:

invuln mechanic always ruin the fun for me in any boss fight. If he can make him self invuln than why does he not do it all time so he can never die... Is just a wierd mechanic and it does not make any sense at all

The ability might have a cooldown, similar to player skills like Renewed Focus and Distortion.