Armed with Dual Pistols, Guardians Rain Down Bullets of Justice!

Rubi Bayer.8493

Just now, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

What I'm saying is if you lay down a Consecration fire field then fire through it you'll be adding burning stacks to your attacks just as the symbol is seeming to work.

The difference is that the symbol also does a tiny amount of damage on its own?

And also that it doesn't need a combo finisher, also I assume it'll still have the additional effects from a light field if a finisher does go through. The wording makes it sound like allies hitting the target in melee also adds burning onto the pulsing damage etc

46 minutes ago, Daevhalla.7823 said:

Skill 2 - ?

Probably the big charge shot from the video.

We were shown animation of AA, volley thing, big charged shot with the mainhand pistol and smaller charged shot with the offhand pistol.

Ironically enough despite describing it in the blog, the video did not show the symbol.

5 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

The difference is that the symbol also does a tiny amount of damage on its own?

Dunno what consititues tiny for you, but I expect it to deal usual symbol damage.

But the main difference I see there is that any enemy hit within the symbol receives the stack of burning, projectiles just allows that additional burning to be carried to enemies outside of it. Additionally symbol procs will not count as combos, so anything triggering of those will not trigger by just firing a projectile through it (it may proc of firing a combo finisher projectile through it, but it will be light field combo, not the fire field one)

• Confused 1

I want a condi weapon too :c

Looks really nice tho. I will probably switch to ele or guardian since i m a huge fan of pistols and condi damage.

I actually find the idea on willbender with good ranged weapons kinda nice since you can slide through your enemy once it gets closer to you.
I will 100% try this and ele pistol on beta.

Also a nice condi option for guardian is kinda nice since the only option is axe/torch currently with no proper condi weapon swap.
I hoped for a 2nd condi option for engi too, but anyway, you deserved this one since you didnt have a ranged condi option yet. I look forward into testing this one out.

6 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Probably the big charge shot from the video.

The big charge is left-handed, which means it'd be skill 4 or 5.

It's most likely skill 5, which the designer claimed to be excited about.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The big charge is left-handed, which means it'd be skill 5, since the volley already is ability 4.

Actually you are correct, I got fooled by AN jumping perspectives there, indeed after the volley, guardian fires 3 charged shots from the offhand. Not sure then if they really wanted to show all the angles on the animation they could, or if it is an indication of an ammo skill.

2 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

i called it. they gave guardians ricochet through pierce / Deadly Aim inherited...yet thief gets neglected. fail anet....just delete thief already, its evident you want to

In case you forgot they are buffing mainhand pistol on same day the beta for new weapons starts, so maybe don't be so melodramatic about thieves? (they also get piercing ranged weapon with axe :P)

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

In case you forgot they are buffing mainhand pistol on same day the beta for new weapons starts, so maybe don't be so melodramatic about thieves? (they also get piercing ranged weapon with axe :P)

idgaf about axe...pistols have pierce with us but we HAVE to have 5% dmg reduction when we take it. YOU guys wont have that bullcrap. melodramatic...you werent around when they removed Ricochet trait.

mainhand pistol changes are mediocre and only meant for PvE...wtf about pvp/wvw?! sure we can spam stuff like unload now, but the dps barely will break 35k and only serves as roleplaying character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

you werent around when they removed Ricochet trait.

Been around since 2012.

2 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

mainhand pistol changes are mediocre and only meant for PvE...wtf about pvp/wvw?! sure we can spam stuff like unload now, but the dps barely will break 35k and only serves as roleplaying character.

Shadow Strike: Increased the torment stacks from 2 to 4 in PvE only. Increased the Repeater effect duration from 4 seconds to 10 seconds in PvE, and from 4 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the Repeater effect stacks from 1 to 3 in PvE and from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvW. The effect now causes the Repeater skill to cost one less initiative, and one stack of the effect is consumed when using Repeater. 

Last bit does not specify the mode so it is prudent to assume it being global change. As you can see, the buff applies to all the modes (more of a buff for PvE, granted, but all modes get's a buff).

4 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

idgaf about axe...

so you complain about new weapon for other classes, while ignoring new weapon your own class get's and use that to claim AN wants to delete your class. Nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Thieves have been asking for their pistol ricochet trait to be returned to the game for a very long time.  And the current trait that allows pistol skills to pierce reduces your damage by 5% lol.  It is dramatic but as a thief pistol enjoyer I totally feel it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Very good, finally they realized that there's only two condi weapons for guardian, one axe one torch.

It was weird to me that there were so many condi skills and even guardian's profession mechs is burning, but why were there so limited options about condi weapons. But still I felt like condi scepter will be more closed to the theme of guardian instead of pistol. And they already made scepter a power weapon. 

1 hour ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Actually you are correct, I got fooled by AN jumping perspectives there, indeed after the volley, guardian fires 3 charged shots from the offhand. Not sure then if they really wanted to show all the angles on the animation they could, or if it is an indication of an ammo skill.

They did do the thing where they show the same skill from multiple angles/perspectives for some of the other classes too, so i assume it is that rather than ammo. (Unless all the skills they repeated have ammo)

5 minutes ago, Wulfhearth.7962 said:

They did do the thing where they show the same skill from multiple angles/perspectives for some of the other classes too, so i assume it is that rather than ammo. (Unless all the skills they repeated have ammo)

I guess they really wanted to show off that particle effect.

I'd rather have seen the symbol attack though.

Edited by Fueki.4753

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

Thieves have been asking for their pistol ricochet trait to be returned to the game for a very long time.  And the current trait that allows pistol skills to pierce reduces your damage by 5% lol.  It is dramatic but as a thief pistol enjoyer I totally feel it.  

thank you! finally someone else gets it - why give it to guard free but punish thief?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Huh. Melee symbol on a ranged weapon. Nifty combo effect, but unless there's something they're not mentioning, you're probably still going to want that symbol under the enemy's feet. 

Rest of the kit looks nice, though!

1 hour ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

i called it. they gave guardians ricochet through pierce / Deadly Aim inherited...yet thief gets neglected. fail anet....just delete thief already, its evident you want to

Piercing ain't ricochet. Ricochet was much better than having a piercing autoattack. The blog also implies that only the autoattack pierces, while thief pistols with the current trait are getting more AoE capability overall, although I do agree that slapping a damage penalty on the trait is unwarranted. Not taking one of the other traits at that tier is already a significant tradeoff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

https://gw2style.com/look.php?id=17574  - use same helmet and get the dyes right, otherwise you can go by my design 

Pistol guardian might be closer to Sabine or maybe Bo Katarn than Din. Use sword/torch for the other weaponset (competitive for condi builds on willbender), possibly with Cutting Edge and the Halloween 'light your hand on fire' torch skin.

7 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The blog also implies that only the autoattack pierces, while thief pistols with the current trait are getting more AoE capability overall, although I do agree that slapping a damage penalty on the trait is unwarranted. Not taking one of the other traits at that tier is already a significant tradeoff.

"Notably, this projectile pierces through enemies, allowing it to hit up to five targets. Many of the other skills on this weapon set act in a similar way, allowing users to attack multiple enemies with the correct positioning."

"...let’s look at another skill on the off-hand pistol, Hail of Justice. As you may have surmised from the name, this skill fires a volley of piercing projectiles at your targeted foe, each one inflicting bleeding and cripple on up to five enemies."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1