Sword Necro is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

6 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Has there ever been anything introduced in this game that haven't yet gotten it's limelight as short as it might have been? Your question can be applied to every single profession, your prejudices lead you to point out at necromancer and guardian.

The difference is the other broken kitten at least has the barrier for entry of being on a class that takes half a brain cell to actually pilot. There's a reason that Necro and Guard consistently make up 40-60% of virtually every pvp match, and it's because they're straight up handouts for idiots and are designed and balanced with kids gloves compared to most everything else. Anet was truly not kittening around when they labeled the 1 star difficulty classes in this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

The difference is the other broken kitten at least has the barrier for entry of being on a class that takes half a brain cell to actually pilot. There's a reason that Necro and Guard consistently make up 40-60% of virtually every pvp match, and it's because they're straight up handouts for idiots and are designed and balanced with kids gloves compared to most everything else. Anet was truly not kittening around when they labeled the 1 star difficulty classes in this game.

Trueer words won't be spoken this day. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

If you are playing mostly against necros and guardians and can't farm them with your "high skill" build I have some questions about your brain cells number and about weight of your opinion in such kind of discussion.
Necro actually has low entry point to do basic impact in matches but is it much harder to do high impact or gamechanging plays with it due to a low number of instruments for such things and due to people actually know how to shutdown necro at higher rating. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Lmao so true

10 hours ago, Spellhunter.9675 said:

If you are playing mostly against necros and guardians and can't farm them with your "high skill" build I have some questions about your brain cells number and about weight of your opinion in such kind of discussion.
Necro actually has low entry point to do basic impact in matches but is it much harder to do high impact or gamechanging plays with it due to a low number of instruments for such things and due to people actually know how to shutdown necro at higher rating. 

Out of interest, how do you shutdown the reaper pistol Necro you see these days.  Its pretty tough on my engi scraper (with its one stun break and minimal condition removal)

11 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Out of interest, how do you shutdown the reaper pistol Necro you see these days.  Its pretty tough on my engi scraper (with its one stun break and minimal condition removal)

I guess you are talking about condi reaper. 
As usuall spam cc when he's in shroud, spam dmg when he just went out of shroud. Don't get hit by shroud 5 and elite shout. Avoid melee when he is in shroud and has stab (save your block for this). I can advice to not go melee at all unless you want to finish him. You have enough pressure from range and you can always run away from it via superspeed. In the very first fight of the match try to burst him as much as you can. He don't have life force yet and you have high chanses to kill him of force him out of fight for reset. Necro has hard time to obtain life force if first fight is lost for him.
TBH, nade scrapper into condi reaper is bad matchup for scrapper, if we are talking about pure duel. Consider taking cleanse sigil and antitoxin rune.

Best you can do is call target on him and hard focus him with your mate. He has nothing to save himself from somewhat coordinated burst. Besides wurm port which is unreliable.
Since I don't play engie I can't give more details, sorry.

On 11/21/2023 at 11:08 PM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

This is gw2 forums....so u suprised? There's currently a nerf necro staff thread even kitten haha.

Tbh the swords are gonna be big 😂 although prolly wait til beta before complaining. Devs aren't gonna nerf something based on calling it OP with a 2 skill highlight. 

Any of the new weapons could be overpowered 

10 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I wish I could say I am surprised this thread got to two pages.

Only the forums could actually engage in a thread this long on a topic that isn't even in game yet 😂

Nerf Ele

Did we forget EoD launch 😂😂 there were nerf requests from the very sight there too lmao

On 11/21/2023 at 8:40 PM, Eddie.9143 said:

Well. You have shroud 2, now a leap with sword 3, and another follow up leap reactivating sword 3, spectral walk, and a teleport with flesh wurm.

That's pretty kitten mobile imo.

The two leaps are 450 range and the second one costs you 4k health so nobody will be stupid enough to use that for escaping. 

When was the last time you saw thieves spamming heartseekers (450 range leap) for mobility?

19 minutes ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Remember when lack of mobility was Necro's excuse?

Now we just need some block/invulns.

And some stability.....     And some instant casts/aftercasts....... And some unreliable projectiles turned into PbAOE......  oh and a blast finisher xD

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This did NOT age well, seeing as in actuality sword sword beta (which was fun) felt incredibly sluggish, and punishing to use, with sloooow cast times, and clunky animations. I hope they fix this before actual release because the potential is there!

Edited by Razariel.5091
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razariel.5091 said:

This did NOT age well, seeing as in actuality sword sword beta (which was fun) felt incredibly sluggish, and punishing to use, with sloooow cast times, and clunky animations. I hope they fix this before actual release because the potential is there!

At some point it will have aged well. And then ill be there to remind everyone that I was right.