World Linking 11/24/2023

Roy Marks.7689

6 minutes ago, blp.3489 said:

Just a wild guess but, if they want the next beta to start at the start of a season then switching to 4 weeks now gives them more options for the start date, and then if they decide to go live permanently they can do so sooner without messing up a season.

Yeah but it doesn't really matter when they switch WR to live, it wouldn't affect anything because the 8 week "season" isn't really a season, we're not currently playing to win for anything or achieve anything, so it can be interrupted whenever to start the new system. Also the next WR beta isn't happening for another few months since they've now said Q1 instead of jan, then I'm sure they'll reassess to see if anything needs fixing after that beta before actually going live.

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Probably goes to show long term server/world communities doesn't matter to many

I am happy that the countdown is decreased to 4 weeks. but this has nothing to do with the concept of playing this mode on a server/team basis rather than in another way, yet to be understood among other things. I don't understand the logic with which you put these two different things together.

What is the logic of placing Desolation (EU) on tier 1 and giving it no link? Desolation was already in tier 4 and the week before it was tier 5. Outnumbered on both at home and EBG most of the time (at least those hours when I play). Now it will be 4 weeks of hopelessly outnumbered and dropping down tiers.

EU has 3 servers (Deso + RS and BB) without a link. They will likely lose their match ups and keep losing.

If you don't give a server a link, at least don't lift it from the bottom tiers to the top!!

Ayna from Desolation

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

What is the logic of placing Desolation (EU) on tier 1 and giving it no link? Desolation was already in tier 4 and the week before it was tier 5. Outnumbered on both at home and EBG most of the time (at least those hours when I play). Now it will be 4 weeks of hopelessly outnumbered and dropping down tiers.

EU has 3 servers (Deso + RS and BB) without a link. They will likely lose their match ups and keep losing.

If you don't give a server a link, at least don't lift it from the bottom tiers to the top!!

Ayna from Desolation

Agree, why anet did this is beyond me

The LINKING SYSTEM is total crap.

Anet links servers they play on with good servers so they have advantage, At least that is what it seems.

Just STOP linking any servers and let them play, server for server, This linking system just puts people of playing your game.

No good playing when always outnumbered.

How is Desolation a HIGH pop server ? 

DO YOU COUNT accounts that do not play anymore ?

Edited by Tum.5894
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

What is the logic of pairing HoD with TC?   That mix equals ZERO fight presence on the entire link and it is the only NA linkup without a fight guild.    (HoD has none, TC has none.)  Unless Anet is just trying to make more bag farmable resources for the WvW Boon Ball community?   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tum.5894 said:

The LINKING SYSTEM is total crap.

Anet links servers they play on with good servers so they have advantage, At least that is what it seems.

Just STOP linking any servers and let them play, server for server, This linking system just puts people of playing your game.

No good playing when always outnumbered.

How is Desolation a HIGH pop server ? 

DO YOU COUNT accounts that do not play anymore ?

My thoughts.
A friend of mine started playing a year ago and over 6months now he has been daily checking to transfer to deso... always full of ppl who dont play anymore i guess

• Confused 1

ArenaNet how about you try at least?

I have never seen a big video game company drop the ball so bad in all of my gaming years, there are solutions to balancing servers and fixing the situation and a lot of them are given here on this forum, on streams and videos on YouTube but you just don't want to pick anything up! We know you don't like or care about PvP and WvW but god kitten this is just ridiculous. I was gone for 5 years and I came back to find us in the same situation that we were in 5 years ago, you couldn't even remove the same racist people who spend all day spamming chat with racist stuff, and griefing the server as they do it...5 years! 5 years and I still see the very same hacker playing, I got a clip of a thief and guardian fly hacking and teleporting around the map from 5 years ago, and now I have a clip of those 2 same person still doing it.. 5 years of nothing changing! what are you guys doing with the money from BLTC? OH RIGHT! living stories. Give PvE players everything and give zero F's about the rest of us 😎

Can you at least try to explain us the reason behind the linking and not linking?

• What's the idea and behind keeping fully stacked servers linked together for over 7 months+ ? 
  • What's the logic behind removing links from servers that are already struggling to win fights in T4?
  • What is the idea and logic behind sending an empty T5 server to T1 after taking out their server link? Do you think they will do better without the link in T1 when they could not even get out of T5 with a linked server?

You can't tell me there is data about server balances that leads to these links being made

3 Top servers being linked with the same servers all year around, enjoying queue on almost all borders around the clock. Then one server struggles from the bottom to get in the T1 and immediately gets their link changed to low pop server and they fall back to T5 while the top servers keep their same high population links. Then you go and remove link from the fallen server and send them back to T1 to get their kitten kicked, when they couldn't even win in T4 with their link. Like I understand, you devs got gf/bf in those top servers and you want them to be happy but man this is way too transparent. 🫣

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, geist.4126 said:

I think it's very funny hearing Riverside complaining, when they field a full blob every day from 7am to 10am. That's more activity some servers have over the whole day.

No server from t4 onwards has a lower activity than 3 hours a day, don't be ridiculous. Ever played against any of the EU servers that are set to "Very High"? Most of them field blobs from 8pm till 1-2am AND they have groups running from morning till afternoon. From the time I was linked with Riverside, they only had a big group in the morning (like every other server) and then again in the evening from 8pm till 11pm. In the afternoon it's basically dead, so shouldn't really be a problem for any EU server.

And those are usually the servers you're up against in anything higher than t5. The only one that is permanently in t5 is Baruch because they play in a completely different timezone and even they have more than 3 hours of activity a day. Every server usually has more than 3 hours of activity if they don't want to go down a tier on purpose (like WSR sometimes does so they can farm weak servers).

16 hours ago, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

Ayna from Desolation

How do you guys never have any people? Before I switched from Elona to Miller there were queues as high as 80 on the Deso+Elona linking on the weekend. A lot of fair weather players maybe?

59 minutes ago, Xenon Z.6015 said:

How do you guys never have any people? Before I switched from Elona to Miller there were queues as high as 80 on the Deso+Elona linking on the weekend. A lot of fair weather players maybe?

Limited amount of commanders and people only wait for prime time to get Gift of Battle and bail. Probably only 2 guilds who play in organized fashion (high overlap of members in "WvW" guilds). 
The only way to get people into WvW on Deso is some event for achievements, but quantity of PvE players does not always mean quality in WvW gameplay. 

• Like 1

If you look at servers with high PvE population and then look at their WvW tier. You'll understand why. Anet is forcing PvE players to come and collect stuff like Gift of Battle from WvW where it can be done while semi-AFKing. This pumps up the servers activity ratings and the smartpants in charge of WvW balancing are handshaking each other while believing that they fixed the situation and increased WvW population. lmao

This should explain why most Full servers don't have people

2 hours ago, Xenon Z.6015 said:

No server from t4 onwards has a lower activity than 3 hours a day, don't be ridiculous. Ever played against any of the EU servers that are set to "Very High"? Most of them field blobs from 8pm till 1-2am AND they have groups running from morning till afternoon. From the time I was linked with Riverside, they only had a big group in the morning (like every other server) and then again in the evening from 8pm till 11pm. In the afternoon it's basically dead, so shouldn't really be a problem for any EU server.

And those are usually the servers you're up against in anything higher than t5. The only one that is permanently in t5 is Baruch because they play in a completely different timezone and even they have more than 3 hours of activity a day. Every server usually has more than 3 hours of activity if they don't want to go down a tier on purpose (like WSR sometimes does so they can farm weak servers).

No, it's ridiculous to think that the early time blobbing over hours on a daily basis doesn't count into Anets activity radar. I didn't say "they only play in the mornings for 3 hours", because they do that additionally. And many servers I recently played with or against had nowhere near those early numbers even with links. Neither SFR with their french link. The only thing close to that was the UW/PS link on weekends.

A quick look in the current match statistic shows pretty good coverage for a not-linked server.

55 minutes ago, Kinshiro.1472 said:

If you look at servers with high PvE population and then look at their WvW tier. You'll understand why. Anet is forcing PvE players to come and collect stuff like Gift of Battle from WvW where it can be done while semi-AFKing. This pumps up the servers activity ratings and the smartpants in charge of WvW balancing are handshaking each other while believing that they fixed the situation and increased WvW population. lmao

This should explain why most Full servers don't have people

You know how Anet measures WvW activity? Because I don't think you know how it works.