WvW gameplay is worst than what dungeons running was...

Arheundel.6451

8 minutes ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

THIS IS WVW. You are not skilled enough to understand it. Go back to PvE and press 11111 there

Meanwhile wvw lamer Anet blobs  spam all boons and just do 11111 against smaller groups or vs 1 player

Anet shoud cut 50% boon duration to see how good  the  wvw ktrain blobbers really are, i bet servers with strong cloud combat like some  maguma would start  wining against 3x their size.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I can't wrap my head around this balancing. It's as the op said. You just stand in all the AoE of the other group and the health bar isn't moving significantly. Than you pull something and root it and it dies, still while not moving at all.

And the only thing needed for this is the right class with some exotic gear and someone that can press a button.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

It requires a lot of skill to make a 50man zerg stay compact and move as one without a huge tail.

And there it is folks, the boonballer's cope that it takes skill 🤪

You know what takes more skill (or is impossible)? Killing invincible people while you yourself are not invincible. How far this game has fallen since 2015 lmao...

Edited by Auragen.4162
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, diomache.9246 said:

I can't wrap my head around this balancing. It's as the op said. You just stand in all the AoE of the other group and the health bar isn't moving significantly. Than you pull something and root it and it dies, still while not moving at all.

And the only thing needed for this is the right class with some exotic gear and someone that can press a button.

> Be ANet 😀

> Craft the most dynamic and fluid MMO combat system on the market

> Killing and survival are based on actively reading and reacting to enemy actions

>No amount of healing and support can keep you alive if you stand in the bad stuff necessitating good movement

> Make more and more skills with little or no telegraph

> Nerf damage

> Buff healing and boons so much that a zerker ele can stand in the bad stuff and not care

> Be ANet 🤡

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

WvW Dungeons tips:

• NPC's change daily, the bosses are pretty much the same. 
  • The mechanics getting to the champions are pretty much the same, the maps are simply different.   
  • Make sure to stay with the tag, because NPC's tend to roam maps randomly, they will pick you off as soon as they see you.
  • Remember to bring reflex and boons
  • Stay away from range weapons
  • Remember if you have a pull, bring it, pulling NPC's into the group helps with loot for group
  • If you encounter another group running WvW Dungeon runs, make sure to stick with tag and keep it tight.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well gameplay looks lile that when players play some full tank builds, support specs puke boons and condi removal whole time and boon corruption skills have 40 sec cool down and affect 5 players. Both blobs just stand in red circles and nothing happening. You go drop double meteor shower there and see max 2k crits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Auragen.4162 said:

And there it is folks, the boonballer's cope that it takes skill 🤪

You know what takes more skill (or is impossible)? Killing invincible people while you yourself are not invincible. How far this game has fallen since 2015 lmao...

This. The sheer power creep and buffs to make boonballs more hand holdy have become silly. You can burst people with circles of damage that should obliterate them, they can do no dodging and press all the wrong buttons while you press all the right buttons and they get by simply because the balance team said they would. Their leader can use every incorrect positioning, timing, etc and still have it work because anet only listens to boonballs when balancing. They already had an advantage, being organized. They don't need to have this much free sustain too. I've always enjoyed anti-zerg bursting with various builds, positioning, coordination and more and it has become silly because I can play all my cards right and what used to melt a group SOUNDLY and fairly can be passively survived through skill-free comping. At least make them react to their surroundings. Stop pretending boonballs are some super elite form of gameplay.

Example: Like half of their players can continue to use aoe projectiles into reflects and instead of needing to move or stop casting all their damage at themselves, they can simply facetank the entire mistake while doing no dodging or reacting at all beside their braindead rotations. People should die when you kill them. Controversial take in 2023 I know.

Edited by Sahfur.5612
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

18 hours ago, Sahfur.5612 said:

This. The sheer power creep and buffs to make boonballs more hand holdy have become silly. You can burst people with circles of damage that should obliterate them, they can do no dodging and press all the wrong buttons while you press all the right buttons and they get by simply because the balance team said they would. Their leader can use every incorrect positioning, timing, etc and still have it work because anet only listens to boonballs when balancing. They already had an advantage, being organized. They don't need to have this much free sustain too. I've always enjoyed anti-zerg bursting with various builds, positioning, coordination and more and it has become silly because I can play all my cards right and what used to melt a group SOUNDLY and fairly can be passively survived through skill-free comping. At least make them react to their surroundings. Stop pretending boonballs are some super elite form of gameplay.

Example: Like half of their players can continue to use aoe projectiles into reflects and instead of needing to move or stop casting all their damage at themselves, they can simply facetank the entire mistake while doing no dodging or reacting at all beside their braindead rotations. People should die when you kill them. Controversial take in 2023 I know.

That is really sad. I recently put down a wall of reflection and saw 4k burn ticks and dozens of numbers popping up until the duration ended, but still nothing died - except me some seconds later when getting pulled through a gate, rooted and deleted.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2023 at 3:34 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

Meanwhile wvw lamer Anet blobs  spam all boons and just do 11111 against smaller groups or vs 1 player

Anet shoud cut 50% boon duration to see how good  the  wvw ktrain blobbers really are, i bet servers with strong cloud combat like some  maguma would start  wining against 3x their size.

Boon duration and sharing needs a hard nerf or downstate needs to go. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/29/2023 at 10:17 AM, Caffynated.5713 said:

> Be ANet 😀

> Craft the most dynamic and fluid MMO combat system on the market

> Killing and survival are based on actively reading and reacting to enemy actions

>No amount of healing and support can keep you alive if you stand in the bad stuff necessitating good movement

> Make more and more skills with little or no telegraph

> Nerf damage

> Buff healing and boons so much that a zerker ele can stand in the bad stuff and not care

> Be ANet 🤡

Dont forget:

Add so much visual noise that seeing tells well enough to react to them is next to impossible when numbers are significantly greater than 1 v 1.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Well, can't really point it out there but try searching for gw2 balance content on Reddit so you will find out what the balance folks thought of the player base, and to nobody's surprise, not very much.

But you can't really help it, even as a game dev. Many players are entitled they feel like they should get positive feedback from the game no matter how little effort they put in. If groups have standards higher than what a slightly deficient trained chimpanzee can handle it's considered elitist.

You have "veterans" that have played thousands of hours yet can't comprehend that an enemy performing a 3 second telegraph means you should move away from it.

The truth is they should have never listened the people about wanting pure healers. The truth is they never wanted healers, it was just an excuse. It was just a reason about "i'm not good at hitting the enemy because I don't push buttons". But they also suck at support because they still don't push buttons but it's easier to mask how bad you are.

They just want a braindead mode where they can earn the rewards without learning what skills beyond 1 do. It's like that open world legendary armor thing. People say they can't raid, or pvp, or wvw, because they wanted something in their chosen game mode, but Anet finally did it and yet people still complain because that was just another excuse to hide behind.

At the end of the day, this is what a lot of people want. PoF was the last time they tried to have challenging gameplay, but why do that when your players can't do anything beyond slam the 1 key and cry when it doesn't work?

I mean look at this newest expansion. 2 crappy maps, more horrible story with unskippable dialogue, some thrown together weapons, reselling some features you already had, and letting classes use weapons bound to elites while ignoring any  effect on balance. Come on, even from a pve point of view this is kinda sad. And the best part is half this crap wasn't even at release and people paid for that kitten anyways. Heck, when people that played the game before ask me what's in the new gw2 expansion, it's just embarrassing to tell them how meager it is.

You can't tell me people aren't getting what they deserve. Honestly, it's rather amazing how the systems have held out against all this nonsense, but I'm sure someone is already making a thread to stamp out what's left.

edit: I'd also like to say that once again, this is not something I blame this company for entirely. The gaming industry as a whole has brainwashed its customers to have practically no standards and accept half baked or even uncooked products under false promises. And companies follow trends to make money. Just look at all those awful mobile games that are basically just nothing but money takers. So when you're something like Blizzard and can just print money with Diablo Immortal, why even bother making a game at all?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

snip

So when you're something like Blizzard and can just print money with Diablo Immortal, why even bother making a game at all?

Sad about the expansion content, they're slippery sloping their way into p2w territory more and more. But.... it starts to look like a really good deal when you compare it to blizzard expansions these days... Apparently a blizzard survey got leaked on what they want to offer for the next D4 expansion, it's mostly cosmetics and they want to charge $50-100. 😂

https://i.imgur.com/6WF6VkZ.jpg

At least Soto comes with new weapons as something brand new, and I guess the expansion relics count as new, as much as they all break balance and add more support garbage, everything else is recycled and for only $25.

But people keep supporting low standards, they're gonna keep getting offered low standards. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Sad about the expansion content, they're slippery sloping their way into p2w territory more and more. But.... it starts to look like a really good deal when you compare it to blizzard expansions these days... Apparently a blizzard survey got leaked on what they want to offer for the next D4 expansion, it's mostly cosmetics and they want to charge $50-100. 😂

https://i.imgur.com/6WF6VkZ.jpg

At least Soto comes with new weapons as something brand new, and I guess the expansion relics count as new, as much as they all break balance and add more support garbage, everything else is recycled and for only $25.

But people keep supporting low standards, they're gonna keep getting offered low standards. 🤷‍♂️

lol I probably posted this before but I remember being so disappointed they had 4 players max which is lame to me coming from D2 and also what turned me off from d3.

Some people were like the technology isn't there yet, because clearly computers aren't fast enough for that sorta thing despite we were doing that with 56k modems back then. Even worse is when it's running alongside D2 Resurrected which is the modernized version and looks almost as good yet has 8 players.

It's just so weird. Diablo has always been a decent single player game, but this implementation that d3/d4 has seems to fulfill neither. One of my friends got turned off because you had to go through a longggg tutorial which is basically the whole campaign which is like what (?) with the game on rails. And nobody likes that kind of kitten honestly.

But hey, look at Gw2. Yes leveling sucked but you could freely choose where you wanted to level. You can level in any race's starter zones regardless if you don't like your race's starter zones and you can skip whatever maps you wanted. Heck, you can even level in WvW. That's why the game got popular. It's a game that was like "Hey, we have confidence in you, the player, can decide what's fun for themselves."

But then some didn't like that because the game didn't tell them specifically what to do and lost their minds.  Remember when they removed nodes and the Apple Pie from Queensdale because they thought players would get overwhelmed? Sheesh. Or HoT maps where you actually have to pay attention to what enemy you're fighting? Facetank a smokescale and end up dead!

Of course, that's too much to handle and later content is just railroaded kitten where you just run into one reward to the next-- it's just one ugly giant box. (Also no surprise that people also want WvW to be exactly that too. Hey let's remove LoS too because I can't have my boonball get obstructed!!)

Is it not a surprise that now your average player is clueless in the majority of group content in the game? In EoD, they actually tried to teach people how to play the game in, with tutorials in map hearts about CCs and dodging and all that good stuff, with bosses that required cooperation to beat. Of course, that just resulted in much screeching from players because the game once  again dated tell them that yes, they failed, because they were bad. And the devs gave up, and the other new content is just really dull.

WvW, being a sandbox by nature has resisted these disastrous decisions for many years. People can find their own niche, despite lacking skills in traditional combat. One can easily contribute or have fun without having to run specific builds or even being good at pvp. There are traits, skills,  and stats that pretty much only exist in WvW because they serve no use anywhere else. And for the most part if you don't want to fight something, you don't have to. But it's getting harder.

There is no doubt that these things have had a unhealthy effect on the game mode, as harmful changes intended for this pve, and sometimes pvp nonsense also effect this game mode. And because of this, I actually think sometimes even the best intentions can cause harm, even if they genuinely wanted to fix up this game mode-- they can't even fix pve.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As usual good posts by ArchonWing.

Got to point out that this started way back in early beta testing, when they first time let external players try the game and they got lost and didn't know what to do on the starter maps, because there was no NPC's with Exclamation marks over their heads. Which is the whole reason we got the "Hearts" system, as a replacement to try to guide players toward where events usually happened/started.

So yeah, we where so close to not having hearts at all in the game! (That would have been so glorious!)

But yeah, players will be players. The vast majority will try to get as much as possible for as little effort as possible, always. Also, Champions in starter maps, old Queensdale Champion-Train. Good reasons they removed it, and leading right back to that, players will do whatever requires the least effort for the most reward. Humans are just programmed that way. The same includes Dungeons and Zergs in WvW unfortunately.

The only ways I see to possibly change that would be to either: Remove rewards completely, or completely separate them from what you're doing.

Edit: Personally I solve this by trying as much as i can to ignore "rewards" or what I get for doing what. And just try to focus on "Am I having fun doing what I'm doing?" If not I'll do something else, no matter what reward there is.

Edited by joneirikb.7506
  • Like 1