Are there any 1-80 speedrun videos?

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gw2+speedrun&tbm=vid

If that's not what you're looking for you should specify, speed run what?

Getting from 1 to 80 as fast as possible without any external help. Like in this example from vanilla WOW.  This is a full playlist. Only shows the 1st video on the forum.

Edited by Godfather.9058

Probably no one really cares about speed running lvling because of the Tomes. Also there are lots of cheesy options because everything gives exp. Like if you have Skyscale and LS4 teleportation tomes you can teleport to LS4 maps like Thunderhead Peaks and collect volatile magic motes with your Skyscale. I think each mote gives like 2500 exp before any modifiers.

16 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Probably no one really cares about speed running lvling because of the Tomes. Also there are lots of cheesy options because everything gives exp. Like if you have Skyscale and LS4 teleportation tomes you can teleport to LS4 maps like Thunderhead Peaks and collect volatile magic motes with your Skyscale. I think each mote gives like 2500 exp before any modifiers.

That is what I call external help. For example the guy in the WOW video could have easily sent a lot of gear and potions from another character of his, essentially "cheating". Or even multiboxed with a 2nd max level character to kill the mobs much faster. But he didn't do any of these things. I know that in Guild Wars 2 your curency wallet is account wide, not character specific. You would need a fresh account to do the speedrun with no external help.

16 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

The game starts when you reach lvl 80, lvling is just a little tutorial 😉

I like the levelling process. Learning all sort of gimmicks, agro techniques, kiting from mob to mob, best zones to level etc.

• Confused 1

Try looking for videos on fast map completion - almost everything in GW2 gives XP so there's not really any reason for a levelling guide, but you could level quickly by following the same process as speed-running map completion, but stopping to do events along the way. (Dynamic Events rarely help with map completion, other than hearts, but they do give a lot of XP.)

Not exactly a "speed" run but Mightyteapot did a youtube series on Gearing a fresh 80 called Zero to Hero. From that he got bullied into making a leveling version to copy cat his boosted lvl 80. It took him about 9:20 or so to make 80. Keep in mind he was streaming and the episode is edited down a bit. I am certain it wasn't efficient. Still if that's something you want to watch: Zero to Hero the Lost Episode

Hope that helps. Some great advice and gearing tips in that entire Zero to Hero playlist.

• Like 1

Story and in between the chapters you can do map completion. If it is a new account you'll want the mastery points from the story chapters.

I use tomes too if I want speed.

The last speed leveling I know of, was bauble farm in verdant brink and that got nerfed that noone does it anymore. It was about 8 levels per session (about an hour). But you needed to be a bit higher than 1, like 30, since it is a level 80 map and you needed the safety of the farming zerg.

And 10 years ago I leveled my chars in wvw, but that doesnt work anymore either. See they ruin every easy shortcuts.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, Godfather.9058 said:

I seem unable to find anything. Just a meme video where he level boosts from 1 to 80 using tomes.

To be honest the path is really really easy and starighforward, but takes 18 to 28 hours playing normally so I don't think you'll get a video of it since "speedrunning" still means some time:

* Create a character.

* Do the prologue.

* Now you are at level 2 and in your first area. You're now allowed to play PvP and level up entirely with the tomes if you want, or to do PvE. Lets say you chose that last option:

* Move across your fisrt map unlocking every waypoint, vista, point of interest and hero point. Don't waste time with hearts, since hearts are way faster to complete with level 80 characters, which can one shoot most enemies and complete the task in seconds. The main source of XP is exploration and the Raptor unlocked at level 10 will be crucial for speeding the proccess.

* One your initial map is done (except hearts) go to the initial maps of other races and do the same. Then move to the secondary maps (level 15-25) and then higher. Always remain 3 levels behind the level of the foes in the zone of the map you are AT WORST, since beyond that your damage gets compromised and you'll suffer extra damage from them. Avoid falling damage, since falls and foes 4+ levels above you will be the main risk of deads. Also avoid fighting champs since the old ones are mostly easy (aside a few exceptions) but some added to the game over the years are dangerous to solo even for fully geared lvl 80 characters.

* Aside for exploration a good source of XP when happens is OW events, so if they happen on your sight jump in.

* Around level 55 you will find out that the maps with lower levels than yoiu are done and you'll start to face foes with 5+ levels above you. This is a good moment to go back and complete hearts in the initial maps to keep your level paired to your enemies, since there's a lot of low level maps in core Tyria but only a few high level maps.

That's all. You should expect to buy gear 2-4 times from 1 to 80 and the total cost wouldn't exceed 4 gold coins. I've manually leveled all the professions recently and it tokk me 18 to 28 hours depending of the build.

21 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

only thing that give more exp then normal are monsters that been alive along time so look out of the way for yellow named monsters to kill.

2 hours ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

one tip i did not see here, while leveling kill all neutral creatures (the one titles in yellow).  The longer a creature has been on a map the more xp it gives and people often just leave the neutral creature alone so they often have a considerable amount of xp to give.

only 2 posts above yours mate

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

The first levels are faster.

If you need speed then Wizard Vault Tomes is good.

use laurens to buy xp boost laurens from weeklies, and always use food and utility.

Character Adventure Guide is your friend

The last levels you can crafting level, 0-400 means 10lvs, cooking is cheap, and you get food, but you can level up any with 45gold

On the other side i enjoy a little running with weak character doing low tier content, so relaxing, so maybe speed run is not the best option.

Edited by evilcat.6817

On 12/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, Godfather.9058 said:

I seem unable to find anything. Just a meme video where he level boosts from 1 to 80 using tomes.

Nowadays everyone has a gazillion Tomes of knowledge....    

The speedrun:   

log onto main -> drag 250 stack of ToK into the shared slot.

create a new charackter. -> the second you spawn in, you click ToK 80 times.......    End of the run.

Edited by Sahne.6950

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Nowadays everyone has a gazillion Tomes of knowledge....    

The speedrun:   

log onto main -> drag 250 stack of ToK into the shared slot.

create a new charackter. -> the second you spawn in, you click ToK 80 times.......    End of the run.

As I previously said, that's not the point. People speedrunning in WOW classic could easily send a lot of stuff from their main characters to help. But they don't. They do it for the challenge and fun.

On 12/16/2023 at 4:12 PM, Godfather.9058 said:

That is what I call external help. For example the guy in the WOW video could have easily sent a lot of gear and potions from another character of his, essentially "cheating". Or even multiboxed with a 2nd max level character to kill the mobs much faster. But he didn't do any of these things. I know that in Guild Wars 2 your curency wallet is account wide, not character specific. You would need a fresh account to do the speedrun with no external help.

I like the levelling process. Learning all sort of gimmicks, agro techniques, kiting from mob to mob, best zones to level etc.

I don't think there's any videos like that for GW2 because even without help from other characters or accounts levelling quickly isn't much of a challenge or significantly different to playing normally so it wouldn't be fun or informative to watch someone else do it, and people who just want a level 80 character as fast as possible can just use tomes.

That's not to say you can't do it yourself, lots of people like levelling and set themselves goals for how they're going to do it to vary the process each time, but it's a personal thing rather than material for streaming or tutorials.

if i remember correctly, the first 80 levels and the entire personal storyline with zhaitan are only about 10% of the game at this point. just levelling without doing the story or any map completion is even significantly less than that, so its a bit like speedrunning getting out of diapers.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

4 hours ago, Godfather.9058 said:

As I previously said, that's not the point. People speedrunning in WOW classic could easily send a lot of stuff from their main characters to help. But they don't. They do it for the challenge and fun.

The thing is, wow is much different. Its harder to traverse the world, lower lvl zones dont give exp, you have to find quests. I played vanilla wow and lvling was a long journey. I also played on a pvp server so that was also a factor.

In gw2 you can literary do anything and lvl up. You can go directly in pvp and never do 1 thing outside of arena. You can only chop wood in the starter area. You can just explore vistas and poi and never do any combat.

Pretty much what others have said. Leveling in this game was never long or hard. Even in vanilla or core GW2 it took around 36-48 hours of play time to get to 80. That was 11 years ago.It's just gotten faster since. The best you can look out for is map completion speed runs to get pointers for fast completing certain heart quests.

Today you are looking at accounts with: mounts, tomes, resources, xp boosts, power creep which makes core Tyria even more insignificant, xp bonuses from achievements, etc.

You'd first have to make up a set of rules:

- no mounts

- no crafting

- no tomes

- no trading post gear

- etc.

and even that would be not agreed upon by everyone. Imagine not using your mounts even though they are unlocked on your account or gliding. What about achievements which grant xp now which did not exist in the past?

Then there is as mentioned the difficulty. I believe Sneb leveled from 1-80 naked, aka with no gear on his character. In short: there is none to be had. The most fun is the exploring at this point for some players.

Being efficient at something only makes sense to most players if it's actually efficient. Intentionally extending the leveling process, which can be fun as personal goal, is inherently inefficient and once you use methods to be efficient, you hit level 80 in minutes at most. Hardly worth making "guides" or speedruns over.

TL;DR:

Try map completion speedrun videos. They are probably the closest to what you are looking for.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1