"Fun surprise" for the next expansion: Speculation edition

Uete.3805

10 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Its more likely we get the underwater weapons on the surface with similar skills. 

The character don't move the same on land and underwater. They would need to code to many new animations... 

Also... Many underwater weapon skillsets would be OP on land. It would thoroughly wreck balance.

After soto I dont have high expectations.

Lets just say a small balance patch that probably makes things worse and adding content using re used assets. Oh and maybe a new weapon for each class. They abandoned underwater and dungeons so maybe a new fractal, strike and maybe a new raid but not at the xpac release date. 

Just zones first and the rest 3-9 months later.

Probably a grind to use the stuff we already grinded out masterys for... in the new area. Much like having to buy or grind out something to use a mount or gliding in another map even though we already did the grind for the masterys and unlock. They will lock stuff from use inside or outside the new maps. Like they did in soto with gliding and skyscale. That way we can spend time unlocking stuff we already unlocked and "mastered". Which means nothing since you can master a mount and then have to unlock it. 

They said they are sticking with their new content release model. 
This is what that would mean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It says 'fun' but, that makes it seem like it might not be that impactful...

So here is my idea of what a 'fun' thing can be (in the form of a patch note).

• New equipment slot for support items
    • Supports items provide the effect of summoning an ally for one minute every minute while in combat.
    • Support items do not function in WvW, PvP, Strike CMs, or Raids.
    • There will not be a legendary support item.
    • Fire Elemental Powder, Jade Armor, Pocket Jade Armor, Sunspear Paragon Support, Raven Spirit Shadow consumable items are now support items.
    • Ogre Pet Whistle is now a vendor item and currency to purchase new support items that summons various ogre pets.
    • Prices for the consumables have been adjusted to reflect their new status as equipment.
    • Double click any consumables you currently own to convert them into the equivalent items, as equipment they will not stack.
    • All current players can also claim a free support item  from the following list by visiting <Legacy rune support supplier> in Lions Arch.
      • Lich minion support
      • Pirate parrot support
      • Ogre rock dock support
      • Asura golem support
  • To address server load, while a support item is equipped and while in combat, your mini pet is disabled.
  • Allies summoned by support items have had their health and damage re-balanced.
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 1/27/2024 at 12:32 PM, PseudoNewb.5468 said:

It says 'fun' but, that makes it seem like it might not be that impactful...

So here is my idea of what a 'fun' thing can be (in the form of a patch note).

• New equipment slot for support items
    • Supports items provide the effect of summoning an ally for one minute every minute while in combat.
    • Support items do not function in WvW, PvP, Strike CMs, or Raids.
    • There will not be a legendary support item.
    • Fire Elemental Powder, Jade Armor, Pocket Jade Armor, Sunspear Paragon Support, Raven Spirit Shadow consumable items are now support items.
    • Ogre Pet Whistle is now a vendor item and currency to purchase new support items that summons various ogre pets.
    • Prices for the consumables have been adjusted to reflect their new status as equipment.
    • Double click any consumables you currently own to convert them into the equivalent items, as equipment they will not stack.
    • All current players can also claim a free support item  from the following list by visiting <Legacy rune support supplier> in Lions Arch.
      • Lich minion support
      • Pirate parrot support
      • Ogre rock dock support
      • Asura golem support
  • To address server load, while a support item is equipped and while in combat, your mini pet is disabled.
  • Allies summoned by support items have had their health and damage re-balanced.

Sound cool except disabling mini.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...

Because of the "fun" part I doubt it even remotely touch anything fundamental, be it skills, traits or anything related to core mechanics. As always, half the forum would be up in arms - not really fun. I don't think it will be linked to anything underwater either, since a lot of players don't like that content. Anything associated to game-modes that are far from being unanimously appreciated would there again be a miss on the fun part for a large part of the community, so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything affecting PvP or WvW. I really wouldn't wager on anything game-changing in PvE either.

So.. it could be some nice QoL changes, there's plenty to do for that. It would be nice, but I'm not completely convinced. Probably more likely to be a mini-event. Maybe something like the beach episode some players have been asking for.. "to keep things fresh and exciting"  🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 3:28 PM, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Does anyone else remember the like 3-4 day beta we had years ago where we could choose a second profession?  The skills from the second class were very limited, but I imagine this is where we will be heading, not sure how soon though.  Honestly, the only thing I remember from that beta was that everyone chose the thief skills, not sure what the thieves chose.

At this point the espec system is so disrespected by the current dev team we might as well break down all of those barriers. I'd be for it, would be the final confirmation that combat has been reduced to irrelevant facerolling busywork.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Dual Specialization

Every class would need to have 3 new mechanics designed and implemented for each combination to work properly however. (i.e mechanist plus holosmith might have a unique photon forge that effects both the mech and player)

Edited by roamzero.9486
  • Like 1

We all know the “fun” surprise was the cat chair. Snippets of how Febe CM or the new Fractal looks like? Nope, gotta spend the entire promotional vid showing the cat chair. Because cats.

It’ll distract the playerbase’s attention span long enough for them to come up with which old content to re-package next and sell as 5th expansion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1