i really dont want to fight against my friends on other servers

On 1/15/2024 at 1:43 AM, yahooler.6813 said:

your opinion?

Agree, this is rough. If roaming, easy, head another way. If larger scale don't always know what's what till after and then its too late. While in a Havoc, easy, week doesn't matter so let them roll on.

I think the 'trick' is not to take it personally. It's a game, none of it matters and there's no real harm done even from killing someone, they're sat at home playing on their computer, same as you. As long as no one's taking it seriously fighting against your friends can actually be more fun, because you can talk about it afterwards (or during). I'm in a PvE/social guild where a lot of people play WvW but because it's not what the guild is for we're all on different servers so we often end up fighting each other and have had some very silly conversations about it.

Also we once got to confuse a whole zerg because we attacked a keep my guild had claimed and then after taking it over (which did involve killing a few guild mates) we claimed it for the same guild. I think a few people thought it was a bug until we explained. 😀

Also, you might already know this but Anet are already working on a system that will help: at some point (we're currently in what they said will be the last beta) WvW is going to form worlds based on guilds instead of servers, so if you're in a guild with your friends and select it as your WvW guild you'll always be grouped with them and won't have to fight against them. Of course it's possible to be in 5 guilds, and you'll only be able to pick one for WvW so you could still end up fighting against another guild, or against people you know who aren't in your guild.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You don’t have to fight them, just stand there and see if they share your feelings.

I am guessing you go splat but who knows maybe they just come to hug you.

lol, I have seen other dance offs and we all move on personally. But again have seen this with Roamer v Roamer mileage before WR betas so maybe its a server by server or region thing. Saw this first in Warhammer between roamers and Havocs and seen it carryover to GW2 WvW as well.

Personally I guess I don't mind/used to it. But then again I'm in a guild with a bunch of weirdos that loves to transfer around just to fight each others. So it's pretty rare the entire guild is on the same server, as 2-3 will usually swap to the opposing server so they can hunt each others down for a week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Personally I guess I don't mind/used to it. But then again I'm in a guild with a bunch of weirdos that loves to transfer around just to fight each others. So it's pretty rare the entire guild is on the same server, as 2-3 will usually swap to the opposing server so they can hunt each others down for a week.

lol. Mileage varies. In Warhammer roamers and havocs might cross and wave off to show they were both hunting larger targets. Had been solo for a quite a while and then joined a Destro guild after a time. When we crossed a larger band from the other side that was full of the other sides havocs sent a wave and they run by me. My new guild asked, WTW was that. I told them when hunting larger groups be courteous to those you found doing the same from the other side and dance off to show you are looking for bigger targets. They hadn't believed this was a thing till they saw it. This has also worked in GW2 due to various reasons. To the WAR peeps. 🙂 waaagh! (It's late so ssshh!)

3 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

lol Since it didn't carry the replies I will have to leave others to see the reply posts for this to make sense. 

I have peeps from other roamers and havocs from other servers. The part I have found interesting is when crossing Havocs and Roamers. Reconnecting with old Havocs and not having to cross other Havocs and Roamers has been a thing in the mixes. Been connected with some from a Decade ago and with others that have been fighting in the last couple of years.

1 hour ago, aiinseinn.5914 said:

Reset: Friday 19.01.2024 -- our hole Zerg stops playing as they saw their Serverfriends in enemyzerg

Kind of weird.  It's a game.  Stop being afraid of others getting mad at you just because of playing a game.  It's like having sparring partners to practice boxing or MMA.  People do it in real life all the time and don't get upset at each other.  You're there to learn from your partners.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Kind of weird.  It's a game.  Stop being afraid of others getting mad at you just because of playing a game.  It's like having sparring partners to practice boxing or MMA.  People do it in real life all the time and don't get upset at each other.  You're there to learn from your partners.

I know if i saw you on the other side of wvw i would go right for you!

Seeing how chaba is our guilds driver and there nothing more fun then going after your guilds driver.

Ppl get a lot better at games if your willing to fight team mates a lot of ppl do this in guild halls and once they can switch over the wvw rules your going to see a lot of in house fights if not in surver guild fights.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I know if i saw you on the other side of wvw i would go right for you!

Seeing how chaba is our guilds driver and there nothing more fun then going after your guilds driver.

Ppl get a lot better at games if your willing to fight team mates a lot of ppl do this in guild halls and once they can switch over the wvw rules your going to see a lot of in house fights if not in surver guild fights.

If you don't mind me rambling let me give you and Chaba a different perspective. So in Warhammer there were less options since there wasn't a third server option. So Roamers and Havocs might note each other on opposite sides as going to face larger numbers on the other side and would wave off each other and pass along since they were both going for targets that were larger. Take that as you will. Maybe WAR seemed to draw more mental peeps. When a new guild I had joined saw this happen as I made a bad call and landed in a bad spot and the enemy Warband passed on versus just dropping me I got WTW just happened. I replied, count coup after fights and if it was good fight let them get back up, accept a wave or here dance off. ID other Roamers and Havocs that you knew were tracking bigger targets and they will return the favor. Go for those that were just looking for any fight but know the other side.

I have also seen this in GW2. So I could see this in server mates during the beta as well and could see aiineseinn's point as well are yours and Chaba's. They aren't wrong since its a game. But there is also not point in winning so instead, find fun where you do and if its in fighting a friendly side, or of leaving them alone its the same. While roaming if I face a good fight between another roamer this is no reason to finish them. I can salute them and let them back up. If they do the same thing but I think they did much better I will bleed out to give them the clear win. This is not the same as dueling but more a hats off to other roamers. 

What I have been finding fun in the various beta weeks is connecting with Havocs and Roamers from a lot servers that SBI has been linked to and seeing other Havocs from SoR that I started on be grouped together. Its funny since Havocs in general seem to think in the same general terms of do what you can with what you have. So its been good to see a Warband of mixed Guild Havocs to split and break to get a number of soft targets done so they can regroup to hit a bigger target that has a stacked group waiting. Mileage will vary mind you but when it happens, its quite a blast and reminds me of the tournament days when groups would work together and do what they could with the numbers they had versus just zerg it down.

Hope that helps or note post history, never claimed to not to be mental so mileage various. Good looting.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624