Nerf barrage rangers now!

Chiral.8915

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

In my many years of Wvw, I have seen Thief's, Rangers and mesmers going absolutely bananas in zerg squads. 

The difference between them and the average dude is knowing what to do. 

Rangers biggest problem is the reputation of being smooth brain cry babies. 

WAAAH I WANNA GO 1111111 WITH MY LONGBOW WAHHHHH!!!!  BUT COM DOESN'T LET ME WAAAHHHHH!!!! 

No, you're just wrong.

People don't want those classes because they don't offer anything exceptional like the meta classes/builds do.

People now accept druids in zerg fights because they are exceptional at what they do. Compared to before where NO ONE for years wanted to accept druids in zerg fights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

No, you're just wrong.

People don't want those classes because they don't offer anything exceptional like the meta classes/builds do.

People now accept druids in zerg fights because they are exceptional at what they do. Compared to before where NO ONE for years wanted to accept druids in zerg fights.

Or…

just accept everything in your squad and don’t be so sweaty. But… everyone can be as sweaty as they want. I am not forced to follow them.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Or…

just accept everything in your squad and don’t be so sweaty. But… everyone can be as sweaty as they want. I am not forced to follow them.

this is about the effectiveness of ranger, or what is considered meta, and not about whether a guild or group wants to include people

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

this is about the effectiveness of ranger, or what is considered meta, and not about whether a guild or group wants to include people

Yeah true. My b^^
i don’t like this sweatyness and imo, this is the most toxic thing for the game but, that’s not the topic.

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

WAAAH I WANNA GO 1111111 WITH MY LONGBOW WAHHHHH!!!!  BUT COM DOESN'T LET ME WAAAHHHHH!!!! 

Actually they wanna go 12345. That's where the point-blank shot issue (randomly pushing targets out of the aoe) has its origin.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Actually they wanna go 12345. That's where the point-blank shot issue (randomly pushing targets out of the aoe) has its origin.

Correct. 
tbh this is also an issue in other mmos (i know the death-grip in wow‘s dk etc).

those are good and cool abilities but you have to know when and where to use them. Some fail to do so regularly and i can only imagine they do exactly what you described.

Now im no expert but it looks like Commanders want instant spike damage to try and cut through the stupid levels of sustain we now have.. that's also AOE... and isnt projectile due to the reflect/bubble uptime.

Thats why holo's and zerkers are currently wanted as DPS. Whereas LB rangers are not.

Its because what that weapon brings is not effective or usefull in the current environment that CMC and his predecessors have created.

Barrage is not spikey damage, and there is not enough unblockable uptime in the universe now to make 1 2 3 4 on LB effective anymore if you're serious about contributing to a WvW fight.

4 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

No, you're just wrong.

They offer nothing exceptional if we compare skill level needed. 

Any monkey can play necro and be very effective. 

For a ranger to do good, it takes lots of time and effort.

But hey, you are part of the problem Rangers face in Wvw. Let the rangers believe they are worthless. 

Why ged gud when you can cry tears and flame Anet and the "toxic" Wvw community. 

It's so much easier to play the victim card. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

30 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

They offer nothing exceptional if we compare skill level needed. 

Any monkey can play necro and be very effective. 

For a ranger to do good, it takes lots of time and effort.

But hey, you are part of the problem Rangers face in Wvw. Let the rangers believe they are worthless. 

Why ged gud when you can cry tears and flame Anet and the "toxic" Wvw community. 

It's so much easier to play the victim card. 

I never cried nor flamed anet of the "toxic" wvw.

It's not hard to understand why things are most efficient tactic available - meta. 

Ranger is not meta in wvw zerg play because they're not efficient at the dps role.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

I never cried nor flamed anet of the "toxic" wvw.

It's not hard to understand why things are most efficient tactic available - meta. 

Ranger is not meta in wvw zerg play because they're not efficient at the dps role.

99% of rangers are siting ducks anyway 

4 hours ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

That's all that matters if its broken or carries  it will be meta for sure.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 1/31/2024 at 2:13 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

The ongoing joke when a Ranger knows they knocked back a target from a melee-mate is to at least claim it with pride and voice-up. RANGER!

Knockback, its a privilege not a right. Save it for those that bad position and toss them off the cliff or knock them from air moments. 

I love it when my ranger guild mates PBS the enemy into my 100B though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Quack!

Quacking ducks confirmed.  (no wonder last time i went to spvp i was being pm'ed some bad names from a ranger with LB at melee range).

@Dawdler.8521 Sitting is the word, i dont have the orthographic corrector for english i give more errors writing my language xD

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 1/30/2024 at 8:27 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

No joke, the real reason ranger isn't liked in squads is because it needs skill to be effective. Relative to the zerg meta classes that is. 

And 99% of Rangers in Wvw are brain dead zombies. 

The other 1% are roamers. 

its cuz all their melee aoe is way too small

7 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

True. And this doesn't just apply to longbow on Ranger. A lot of weapons for various classes have skills that should be more select in their use and/or shouldn't be used in the order that they are placed in so its not just a Ranger thing to be fair. 

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I love it when my ranger guild mates PBS the enemy into my 100B though.

Knock them into melee range, all for it lol +1. Knock them off an ally about to be spiked +5. Knock them off an enemy trying to get a rez of one of theirs +10. Knock them off a cliff +15. Knock them out of the air to go splat, +20. 

10 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

I mean they do somehow always press the worst button possible for every given occasion. That's gotta take some skill.

It's just like how they always burst dolyaks but do no actual damage to enemy players.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

99% of rangers are siting ducks anyway 

That's all that matters if its broken or carries  it will be meta for sure.

99% of rangers are sitting ducks because there are no good dps zerg builds.

Anything related to pvp you might as well play the strongest build because you'll have to put in significantly more effort to get the same results. And also because meta builds fit in their role so well, like a perfect fit.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, godofcows.2451 said:

Be one with the arrow cart. Be the arrow cart. PeW pEw

I mean who would ever have shouted at some rangers to pretend to be ACs while said shouter would try and get some built to slow an attacking side. Next thing you would expect is why would anyone ever also ask them to move as the attackers did to pretend to be a pile of siege out of sight. That's just silly, would totally never work I tell you. Not even once. So don't get your hopes up. 

pewpewpew indeed.