Lunar new year weekly achievement progress rate

Irrational.2871

Lets be honest 10% per celestial challenge beyond good and evil same goes for race wich gives 5% and i didnt even check adventure progress rate. So i assume anet wanna us to do 20 celestial challenges per week in afk mode or so? There are no reasons to participate in it more than 1 time per day and the only option left to get weapon chest is to stay afk while other ppl do celestial challenge wich not cool at all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Race and activities are 5 each, celestial challenge is 10.

That's 25/day without doing the same thing twice a day, so 175 point for a week.

Simply do like 2 more celestial challenge and a race in week and you're set.

To be fair, every weekly achevement of every festival work like this, it's not worse than the others.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

This festival is definitely worse than others. Your best bet is probably the race time trial, can easily be done more than twice in the time it takes to complete celestial challenge . . .

It would be great if dragonball awarded some credit, but I guess anet figured there's already enough of an issue with afker's in that content . . ?

Edited by Gop.8713
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If I really have an entire week for the 200 points I'm ok, but the festival started within the week and I'd like to finish it until tomorrow and am struggling what best to repeat to reach the points. I'm actually no friend of repeat.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/(Weekly)_Lunar_Festivities

You can't even combine race event and race adventure 😔

Winterday I did the Bell Choir Ensemble for that, since I don't like jumping puzzles but the jp would be another option for 10 points per round and way faster finished than Celestial.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/(Weekly)_Wintersday_Festivities <-- way more points, that's how it should be designed

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

Or you could like not afk and take part in the activity. Not be part of the problem and make the activity progress faster. Doing things beyond the bare minimum, crazy amirite.

Lets say i am not afking in celestial challenge but it doesnt mean that other ppl wont do that.

36 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Race and activities are 5 each, celestial challenge is 10.

That's 25/day without doing the same thing twice a day, so 175 point for a week.

Simply do like 2 more celestial challenge and a race in week and you're set.

To be fair, every weekly achevement of every festival work like this, it's not worse than the others.

First of all doing race and adventure its not necessary to get daily achievement. So I and probably the rest of the ppl who playing this game doing 1 celestial challenge + 6 envelopes + either 3 champs or 5 firecrackers  so its not 25 per day but 10. I dont wanna do adventure or race its reward is bad and not fun at all. I dont mind if some people like doing it feel free but  i mind being forced to do that crap.

My point is that the amount of activity and progress rate way too small. If you would compare it to other fests try at least count amount of activity for that i bet its more than 3. If we compare it with wintersday i could do 20 hard jp to get full weekly while spending 2 min for each run or so. I can get lunar weekly doing 20 challenges spending 10 min on each or do race 40 times spending 3 min on each.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It does seem very slow, I won't be able to do it this week as I've not been able to log in every day.

Personally I think completing the festival daily meta-achievement each day plus 1 or 2 additional activities should be enough to complete the weekly, for any festival.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Let's be honest, you only really need Tier 1 of the Lunar's Weekly, and only if your account hasn't max'd our Magic Find yet. The weapons you can pick on Tier 2 look absolutely horrid.

Not saying that i disagree with you on those weapons, but ultimately it's up to each individual player to decide. I'm quite sure there's at least one person that might like those.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not saying that i disagree with you on those weapons, but ultimately it's up to each individual player to decide. I'm quite sure there's at least one person that might like those.

It's a odd that they're made of melted coins, but I like that they're not glowy and the I don't think we've got many weapons with that brass and green colour scheme (or brass and tarnished brass I suppose). I got the pistol as a possible option for my engineer (who wears green, brown and gold, and prefers skins without effects).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, that's likely. 😄 I always only speak for myself. 😉 

• Confused 2

The AFK in celestial this year is insane. I remember in other years the gathering events were tedious and slow, but this year it's like 0.3% per mushroom and never gets done. And it's obvious why.

So we simultaneously have a terrible event made worse by afks, and a crappy weekly.

Nice work.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Irrational.2871 said:

First of all doing race and adventure its not necessary to get daily achievement. So I and probably the rest of the ppl who playing this game doing 1 celestial challenge + 6 envelopes + either 3 champs or 5 firecrackers  so its not 25 per day but 10. I dont wanna do adventure or race its reward is bad and not fun at all. I dont mind if some people like doing it feel free but  i mind being forced to do that crap.

My point is that the amount of activity and progress rate way too small. If you would compare it to other fests try at least count amount of activity for that i bet its more than 3. If we compare it with wintersday i could do 20 hard jp to get full weekly while spending 2 min for each run or so. I can get lunar weekly doing 20 challenges spending 10 min on each or do race 40 times spending 3 min on each.

I'm simply suggesting you a non repeating way of doing it, lunar festival got less activity, so of course there less way to gain point, dragon bash got the same problem since it also get less activities.

Btw, if you only do the daily, wintersday could simply be gift + 3 champion + race for... 5points on the weekly 😄

the tier2 weekly always has been for those who decided to do more than the bare minimum, don't like it, don't do it, you're not forced to do it, and like i said, it's the same for every festival.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

I'm simply suggesting you a non repeating way of doing it, lunar festival got less activity, so of course there less way to gain point, dragon bash got the same problem since it also get less activities.

Btw, if you only do the daily, wintersday could simply be gift + 3 champion + race for... 5points on the weekly 😄

the tier2 weekly always has been for those who decided to do more than the bare minimum, don't like it, don't do it, you're not forced to do it, and like i said, it's the same for every festival.

-dragn bash you can just half afk in arena killing champions 5% a pop over and over quite quick compared to celestial challenge.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

The lack of a repeatable, easy and fun activity is really noticeable.

Players are given a choice:

- run race events which do not reward loot after the first daily and take around 2-3 minutes average. If we assume 150 points in demand after dailies, that's 30 race events which results in around 60 - 90+ minutes of repeating this task without reward

- run the celestial challenge. Yields around 10 points and requires around 5-8 minutes on average. Now heavily incentivising players to afk. Again, over 1-2 hours worth of grind, at least with some reward this time around

The choice comes down to: grind this non rewarding content over and over, or grind this slightly rewarding content over and over either semi afking it or being faced with others semi afking it.

Either activity is not resulting in a fun game experience.

Me personally, I tried semi afking the challenge, aka participate in events I enjoy, skip the rest. Felt like shooting myself after 3 runs and then left and just ran the race event over and over and over. 

This gets worse with less than a week time. As with other weeklies and festivals, the last weekly will have 1.5 days to complete essentially mandatoring players grind out a significant part of points.

Solution: either increase the amount of points rewarded towards the weekly or better yet: increase the amlint of activities which count towards it ideally some being part of the dailies (1-2 points per firework for example).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

I mean you can advocate everything no matter how good or bad it is. There is huge difference between wd and lunar. First rotation of daily activities  you dont need to do race daily because one day is a bell choir next day is jp and day after that lets say snowman lair. Above that there is reward for each activity witch have extra karma reward for first 3 tries per day so when you trying to do bells you might do 3 times instead of 1 but there are exceptions like reward doesnt reward you more than once and i doubt you would do infinarium more than once so its already way better. The next thing is annual achievement wich encourages doing 1000 bell notes killing 500 toys etc you will need  it anyway so its not big deal to get extra tries for tier 2 reward.

• Like 1

I got a weapon chest last night and didn't even know what it was from at first. All I've been doing is the race and world boss trains. What is Celestial Challenge? Is it PvP or more like the activities? 

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Let's be honest, you only really need Tier 1 of the Lunar's Weekly, and only if your account hasn't max'd our Magic Find yet. The weapons you can pick on Tier 2 look absolutely horrid.

I'm surprised you don't want them just from a collector standpoint, I remember seeing your threads where you mention having every wardrobe skin.

Edited by Vavume.8065
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1