Wishlist for Next Set of Weapons

Yerlock.4678

Elementalist

Mace (offhand)  -> slow, but powerful elemental attacks, like a snow avalanche, a big magnetic wave that push away enemies, a magma rift like a small volcano or a heavy thunder beam like from thor in the marvel movies

Engineer

Mace (offhand) - Third offhand weapon for power damage (pistol is not really a good option actually) with a channeling electric loaded mace smash (like guardian pistol 5) and a weakening/blinding attack.

Guardian 

Warhorn -> Skills like "Angel's Trumpet" to share light aura and healing and an offensive/mobility support skill (like warrior warhorn)

Mesmer

Mace (Main hand) - Support/Heal weapon with illusion creation at 3rd auto attack (as power equivalent to the scepter and Support/Heal weapon in combination with shield)

Necromancer

Longbow -> The missing piece: A long range power weapon with some aoe skills for Necromancers (Staff is Condition and Support or should be more like that)

Ranger

Shield -> Defense and mobility like a shield dancer (not like warrior or the other shield users) with skills like single blocks with 3 ammunition and a head shield clap to daze the enemy with 2 ammunition. Mobile Sword/Shield Ranger like a real hero ❤️

Revenant 

Warhorn -> Skills like "Call to the mists" to share fury and remove conditions and a ranged power attack (like ranger warhorn)

Thief

Sword (offhand) - Long awaited third offhand weapon for more combinations with focus on pure damage (dagger is more mobility and pistol more control)

Warrior 

Shortbow -> Powerful short distance shots that are stronger if the enemy has certain condition (like "Knee Shot" that cripple or knock down if the enemy is already crippled / "Bullet arrow shot" that do vulnerability or stun if the enemy has 10 or more stacks of vulnerability)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Warrior: 900 range Javelin Power DPS/support

Guardian: 900 range daggers Power DPS

Revenant mainhand Axe, off-hand Mace

Thief: off-hand sword

Engineer: off-hand mace

Ranger: off-hand sword that uses MH sword's 2 and 3 abilities from before the change in Octobre 2019. Current sword 3 gets renamed into something that fits its current movement.

Mesmer: off-hand ranged Dagger

Elementalist: 1500 range Longbow

Necromancer: melee Hammer

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1. Ele: torch (fire theme)
  2. Engi: torch (welding theme)
  3. Guardian: rifle (sherif theme)
  4. Mesmer: MH pistol (cowboy duel theme)
  5. Necromancer: longbow (bone theme)
  6. Ranger: scepter (offensive wood magic  theme)
  7. Revenant: Rifle (high tech theme)
  8. Thief: torch (treasure hunter theme)
  9. Warrior: MH pistol (commander theme)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

I kind of want to see underwater weapons become usable on land. Balanced for sure before they do mind you. Its odd that anet has not done this yet as its an simple balance some rework with out an comply new set up for new weapons.

• Like 1

mesmer longbow, condi or power dmg let it  have summoning archers, archer squad could look cool OR hammer and some skills have giant pink hammer animations but not a support weapon. rifle already has that and my musket infantry fantasy is gone or mainhand pistol as well why not ? if guardian can have it why not mesmer, it feels weird that u have mastery over weapon in offhand but ... not in mainhand ? but guardian gets dual wield instantly ( nothing against guardians ofc) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

disclaimer: my wishlist may trigger some people due to the sheer number of off-hand weapons… 

Elementalist: Off-hand Pistol
Ele Pistol feels so incomplete without and off-hand, and I still feel it should have just been an off-hand to begin with.

Mesmer: Main-hand Pistol
I’ve been asking for main-hand Mesmer pistol since day 1…

Thief: Any off-hand… Focus, Axe, or Sword preferably
Thief desperately needs a new off-hand weapon, it doesn’t really matter which one it is… Focus would be a great pairing for Scepter, and both Axe & Sword main-hands could use an off-hand counterpart.

Engineer: Off-hand Axe or Main-hand Scepter
I feel off-hand Axe is self explanatory… Main-hand Scepter though requires a little explanation… the thought is to have it function like a stun baton… short range or electricity themed melee auto attack, an AoE ground slam that creates an electric field, etc… I’ve been throwing this idea around since around when HoTs came out… I always thought a melee scepter stun baton was a perfect fit for engineer and paired perfectly with their shield.

Guardian: Warhorn
Much needed off-hand support weapon.

Ranger: Shield, Rifle, or Pistols
These have all been long time requests for Ranger… I’d be happy with any of these three as the next ranger weapon.

Warrior: Main-hand Pistol
Warrior is running out of available new weapons… MH Pistol is about the only one left that makes any sense…

Necromamcer: Shield
Bone Shields were an iconic item for Necromancers.

Revenant: ???
I honestly have no clue what Revenant should get next… all of their weapons are so closely tied to their Legends anyways… even the new Scepter feels as if they designed it specifically to fit in with the Shield under Legendary Dragon.

• Confused 1

I'm not gonna try to speak for other professions since the wide bulk of my time is spent on mesmer, but given how disappointed I was in the rifle, I want a main hand pistol. Something with strike damage, something with mobility, and hopefully something at at least pairs well with or hopefully synergizes with our OH pistol.

Personally think the weapon itself isn't as important as the mechanics/theme. You can do crazy things with weapons that like ranged Greatswords/Axes or melee pistols. As we get higher and higher saturation of skills, these mechanics and themes become more and more important.

So I'd ask what players actually want/need for different professions. For example: I see Necromancer staff as quite unique in it's ability to set marks. Wouldn't it be cool if Elementalist had a similar ability to set such traps? They could be similar mechanically (set ground thing, enemy walks onto it and triggers it, profit) but with a different category like conjure or glyph. One might ask "but conjures and glyphs do such and such and that doesn't work like Marks" and you can either *add* that type of functionality to that skill type OR make the triggered effect similar...like triggering an elementalist's "conjure" summons a weapon near the target that will follow the target until you cause it to attack by swapping attunements or something.

Similarly, if you wanted to make a, I dunno, Warrior "mark" weapon, maybe theme it around something non-magic like bohemian/tribal trail markings with the additional ability to mark directions when placed and if someone triggers them, they have to follow the direction you placed or suffer some ill fate.

I focused on marks a lot but you could play around with different mechanics that aren't shared like Ranger's Nature's Strength but like themed for the profession you're adapting it to like "Executioner's Hood" for Necro and it does something unique like causes a shadow well when you go into shroud or augments one of your shroud skills, etc. 

• Like 1

I agree with all that op suggested except guardian should get daggers.

Ele: Longbow

Spoiler

Ele longbow should give lots of aoe dmg potential with possible counter projectile fields and large amounts of mobility

Ranger: Rifle

Spoiler

Shotgun style power weapon with buckshot basic and access to vine aura type mechanic allowing it to have sustain at ranged and high dmg options in melee.

Engi: Axes

Spoiler

Possible interactions which improve kits, plus access to prolonged swiftness and self-quickness allowing for a mobile gameplay

Teef: Greatsword

Spoiler

Attacks that do heavy dmg or cc but take a long time to wind up but also add the ability to cast skills in the middle of charging an attack.

Warrior: Spear (new weapon)/ Alternatively main hand pistol

Spoiler

Spear: add different stance skills, plus gyrolike personal aoe.

Mainhand pistol: rapid fire semiautomatic aa with a reload animation plus modify ammo skills which add effects to the basic

Guardian: Dagger/Dagger

Spoiler

Blinding power weapon with barrier and double aegis (aegis triggers twice)

Mesmer: Hammer

Spoiler

CC heavy with phantasm that continues its attack until shattered

Rev: Pistols

Spoiler

Condi ranged weapon that grants negetive effects for spending too much energy in a legend like holoforge overheat instead of having a normal energy pool.

• Like 1

longbow mesmer and ele.
necro possibly off-hand axe or off-hand pistol.
warrior is just running out of weapons at this rate.
guardian with off-hand mace
ranger and thief with off-hand sword
engineer could use dual axes ngl.
revenant is a wildcard, to be honest. 

• Like 1

Hrrrmn...

Elementalist: The main thing I really want for elementalist is a ranged weapon that feels good to use in air attunement. Staff air is a meme, pistol is a condition weapon where they refused to put damaging conditions on air, and sceptre air is generally based around triggering Electric Discharge as rapidly as possible through Fresh Air while sceptre itself just contributes the occasional Lightning Strike and constant tickle damage that can trigger Fresh Air quickly - it does what it does, but it's not exactly what I have in mind for a lightning theme.

Bow would potentially do the trick - elemental bows are a common theme in fantasy games, and GW1 had a fair few arrow and javelin-themed skills that could be drawn from.

Engineer: Due for another ranged weapon that isn't support. I've generally advocated for a lightning projector staff (a la the Ghost Collector), but it doesn't have to be that specifically.

Guardian: I don't really have any specific desires for a new guardian weapon at the moment - the existing weapons have a decent spread of capabilities, and the issues they have are probably better resolved by fixing the existing weapon rather than creating a new one.

Mesmer: Mesmer probably already has enough ranged DPS weapons, so I'd be more inclined to fix those that are underperforming (looks pointedly at sceptre) than adding another one. Possibly a power melee weapon, since sword is fairly defensive in nature. I have a theme in mind for a hammer that blinks in and out of existence as the mesmer attacks with it, allowing for attacking from angles and at a speed that a hammer normally wouldn't be able to due to pesky things like "recovery" and "momentum", but ArenaNet seems to be cutting corners on animations at the moment so I don't think they'd actually be able to pull that off.

Necromancer: Main thing I was looking for with necromancer with a sword was a melee condi weapon. They gave us a ranged power weapon instead, so that's still the main thing I'm looking for.

Ranger: They're due for another ranged weapon. Could be sceptre. If they go with rifle or pistol, I hope they make it some form of portable plant or animal weapon contained within a rifle or pistol (or not, in the case of things like chak or sylvari skins) rather than a conventional gunpowder weapon. Think something like Tyranid bioguns from 40k.

Revenant: Due for another ranged weapon. Not sure what it might be, as long as it is. Sceptre would have been the obvious choice, but...

Thief: Man up and create a new offhand for thief already, ArenaNet! (Albeit with a note to people asking for offhand sword that it needs to be something that works with all mainhand weapons, not just melee ones. Plus, it's likely that the main damaging skill is going to be on the dual skill either way, so don't expect skill 4 or 5 to be any more damage-oriented than offhand dagger or pistol.)

Warrior: Also really due for another ranged weapon. Pistol mainhand would probably fit nicely, as long as ArenaNet can withstand the temptation to turn it into a melee weapon somehow...

• Like 1

It's really hard to understand what some people here are wishing for... 

The new weapon should fill an usage that is missing or underrepresented for the profession. 

Why a mainhand pistol for mesmer?!? Mesmer has Scepter and Dagger for ranged single/low target damage and Staff and Greatsword for ranged multi target damage.

Why a rifle for rangers? There is a longbow for ranged power damage. Rifle wouldn't extend the ranger abilities. 

Why a greatsword for a thief?!? Thieves are acrobatic fighters who should flip around with heavy weapons like greatswords or hammers. And there is already a melee aoe weapon: staff. 

Would be nice to describe WHY the weapon wishes could be a good extension. Otherwise these are non sense. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Iustitian.9176 said:

It's really hard to understand what some people here are wishing for... 

The new weapon should fill an usage that is missing or underrepresented for the profession. 

Why a mainhand pistol for mesmer?!? Mesmer has Scepter and Dagger for ranged single/low target damage and Staff and Greatsword for ranged multi target damage.

Why a rifle for rangers? There is a longbow for ranged power damage. Rifle wouldn't extend the ranger abilities. 

Why a greatsword for a thief?!? Thieves are acrobatic fighters who should flip around with heavy weapons like greatswords or hammers. And there is already a melee aoe weapon: staff. 

Would be nice to describe WHY the weapon wishes could be a good extension. Otherwise these are non sense. 

There's nothing wrong with a bit of redundancy as long as there isn't anything that's missing or underrepresented. Ranger, for instance, already has a full suite of condition options, at least three melee weapons suitable for power, at least two suitable for conditions, a power ranged weapon (longest range in the game, since it apparently can carry even further than its 1500 official range), a condition ranged weapon, and a ranged weapon that can be power or condi depending on build. If there is a gap, it's likely to be a ranged weapon that can pierce projectile hate while being a bit more threatening than staff (something sceptre can do) or a more AoE-focused ranged weapon (something that either sceptre or a "rifle" of the kind I described could fill). Redundancy can mean that if one of the weapons is overnerfed it doesn't necessarily remove that capability from the profession, and gives players another option if they don't like the existing option(s), or just something new to play with.

When it comes to thief greatsword, I've seen some good concepts for thief/rogue/assassin types using a two-handed sword. Now, most of the ingame greatsword skins are overly large even for heavily armoured combat, but that's a matter of skin choice: realistically sized longswords, katanas, and the like absolutely could work on a high-agility concept.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 1

I can only speak for Elementalist, but it should be obvious that I am going to cast my vote for having a functioning long range weapon in PvE again.
Staff is somewhere between nerfed Meteorshower, 2012 skill design and a split personality between big AoE fields and support.

I don't particularly care what weapon it ends up as. I was always very particular for Rifle Ele, but as we know from Mesmer Greatsword it doesn't really matter which weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still want hammer for mesmer as a hard hitting power melee option. Thief has never gotten an off hand despite one of their mechanics being built around off hands, I'm partial to torch but would accept just about anything if it's decent. Ranger I don't know because I feel like they've got just about everything? Warrior I kinda want a proper mid range weapon on. Revenant is another I'm not sure about but a weapon that changes with legend like trident does would be cool. Necro is also kinda tough, Mace or shield maybe. Elementalist I agree just needs a less janky long range weapon. Engineer I'm also not sure, probably something versatile like maybe a dagger with a utility knife theme? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of redundancy as long as there isn't anything that's missing or underrepresented.

Agreed. That's why I think focusing more on theme/concept and mechanics is the likelier thing. And from how some of the weapons turned out, they are already going that route. 

All off-hands, it was ridiculous seeing none of the actual support weapons appear this round (or in EoD):

* Guardian - warhorn (spirit summoning)

* Warrior - warhorn (more support)

* Revenant - focus/torch (I want some ice mage shenanigans)

* Ranger - focus (make your pet big too)

* Thief - focus or axe/sword (grappling)

* Engineer - torch (bombadier)

* Ele - shield or pistol (might as well complete the pair)

* Necro - shield (the OG magic tank)

* Mesmer- warhorn (reverb shatter)

Ranger with a scepter-whip would be cool too.

Edited by Batalix.2873
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3