Which will happen first?

Which will happen first?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which will happen first?

• Guild Wars 3
    • Alliances

Whatever happens first , remember that both are delivered to us by the same group that gave us endless boon generation, constant boonrip nerfs, total lack of balance, major bugs at each patch, no fixes for well documented exploits, no ban for well documented exploiters and cheats, Boastful promises that this or that game-mode/activity/feature is very important to them and will be very high on their priority list then failed to deliver...
Should I continue or do you get my point?

• Like 7

GTA 6 REMASTERED IN 4K60FPS, ON THE PS6, will happen in the next 4-5 years.

Fact is though, they don't need to rush World Restructuring,  there's no competition for a niche game mode.

Will Guild Wars 3 have a RvR game mode, which will see them develop for the first few years, if there is competition?

Edited by RisingDawn.5796

I refuse to think there will be a guild wars 3, because all the original artist mostly not working for guild wars 2 anymore, the new loading screen looks like kitten, if there is a guild wars 3 what will they look like?
anyway, I don't read Korean, the news says someone somewhere said inven korean outlet says "guild wars 3 in a meeting" i went to inven korea and did a search, then i used google translate to translate< this is the result
https://ibb.co/M6vbxZP

Inven Korea

https://www.inven.co.kr/search/webzine/top/Guild+Wars+3

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I refuse to think there will be a guild wars 3, because all the original artist mostly not working for guild wars 2 anymore, the new loading screen looks like kitten, if there is a guild wars 3 what will they look like?
anyway, I don't read Korean, the news says someone somewhere said inven korean outlet says "guild wars 3 in a meeting" i went to inven korea and did a search, then i used google translate to translate< this is the result
https://ibb.co/M6vbxZP

Inven Korea

https://www.inven.co.kr/search/webzine/top/Guild+Wars+3

Actually the 2 main creators of GW1/GW2 art came back to arenanet in 2022, thats Daniel Docieu and Kekai as part time i belive too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Chiral.8915 said:

Inquiring minds want to know. Which of these two events will occur first....the rise of the cornerstone game mode via alliances, or the ascendence of the new kid on the block..GW3. 

Where is the option for neither?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

No reason to create GW3 right now. Wait 3-5 years and you can develop it twice as fast with help of AI sofware.

The trailer will presumably be a Charr with 3 toes and a backwards hand fighting an Asura that look exactly like Keanu Reeves.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

No reason to create GW3 right now. Wait 3-5 years and you can develop it twice as fast with help of AI sofware.

It is likely going to become easier to make new MMOs, but that's going to drive a lot of competition.  So waiting until it's become obviously easier to make one, is probably not the best move.

Gw3 will be faster, because of new game engine, new technologies (AI help), and many other reasons (money for example).

Gw2 alliances - who really need it? 10% of gw2 players (wvw population is not that big as you think)? There is no any reason to develop game mode for 10% of gw2 players which does not provide enough money for developing.

Just a business - nothing personal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Given that the proposal for making GW3 has been on the table and being reviewed in one form or another since 2017,  and wvw restructuring has been in the works since 2018, I expect that in the unlikely event it were to be approved, and begin development in the next year, GW3 would show up sometime around 2029, while the wvw restructuring might only take another 8 betas, so could be with us as soon as 2027, neatly giving us a full set of war machine weapons in the process 😛

Edited by Sunyavadin.7962
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Pretty easy when they already said "we have no current plans for a GW3".

16 hours ago, Chiral.8915 said:

Indeed. As that massivelyop article clarifies, there are no concrete finalised plans yet to make a GW3 :
"[in] a quote from NCsoft issued after the meeting; NCsoft says, “The Guild Wars 3 project is in the review stage and the start of development has not been finalized.”

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1