World Linking 3/29/2024

4 minutes ago, DenaDeathbringer.8419 said:

Seems like it wasn't that long that BG and SF were linked. I thought it was a good link and hope for the same this time.

SF has GRIM now, so I imagine the queues will be longer, but should be a strong matchup. 

1 hour ago, RisingDaewn.8703 said:

Why does T5 even exist in the EU still?

They scrapped it a few weeks before covid lockdowns then reinstated it because player population increased due to said lockdowns. Maybe time to get rid now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thea Cherry.6327 said:

limit the ability to transfer to 1 in 6 month

I like that.

And ppl that stay on their server for at least 1 year get a buff. Or a title that changes color with the years of loyalty (since colored titles seem to be a thing now 🤮) and gets removed/reset after a transfer.

Edited by Lucy.3728
better idea
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Roy Marks.7689 said:

Riverside (DE), Fissure of Woe (EN)

Noooooo

I like our Far Shiverpeaks linking.
The first reset they had an awesome night watch and with them we reached t1 - even when we didn't play much with them together, each kind of stuck to their own (mostly due to language and discord/ts preferences). I liked it.

I remember FoW being worse as ally than as enemy because I've to read their endless stream of garbage on team chat.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chiral.8915 said:

ANET's population algorithm working as well as always. 

NA is more then OK https://gw2mists.com/worlds/na

EU though yeah Anet finally killed EU WvW instead of removing 1 tier or making it fair so that all host servers get to be without a link 1 time before it can happen again. It is sad, because not long ago EU population looked like NA do now 😕

https://gw2mists.com/worlds/eu

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chiral.8915 said:

Sucks for you. NSP is dead. Outside of 3 hrs of NA prime time it's a struggle to fill one map. 

Mostly true. But we do have a lot of hidden tag guilds and pickups map hopping sometimes and no one knows they're around until you see them zoom past somewhere. 

Hmm, DB/SBI lol.

Well, if you're really into making crappy Youtube montages, now's your chance to pump. I'm almost tempted to buy the expansion on my alt in the off case the matchups align but then I realized what a great job we're doing for WvW so no.

Rallybots, Rallybots, everywhere!

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Hmm, DB/SBI lol.

Well, if you're really into making crappy Youtube montages, now's your chance to pump. I'm almost tempted to buy the expansion on my alt in the off case the matchups align but then I realized what a great job we're doing for WvW so no.

Revive support players will be much more in demand for this link at least. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

I don't think fow is as dead as you think. A lot of people just stopped playing this week due to WSR being complete dicks

Man, that is really tough. Because being complete dicks is a concept that is really alien to FOW players.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Hmm, DB/SBI lol.

Hey I am right here, why do you have to be like that? I mean they were shinny, there were so many, they were right there. It seemed like a good idea at the time so I figured getem!

Oh wait, this isn't Hellldivers, and that's not a mini-nuke. Oops?

Ok I admit, I did it anyway, Choppas are gonna be Choppas with less excuses... so waaagh? lol

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

Man, that is really tough. Because being complete dicks is a concept that is really alien to FOW players.

The ones that were dicks are the ones that are now on WSR. And possibly elsewhere.

Don't blame toxicity on particular servers when it's the toxic morons that keep hopping servers that are causing the issue.

We've got a lovely bunch of people on FOW. There are just a lot fewer of us now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/30/2024 at 2:56 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hey I am right here, why do you have to be like that? I mean they were shinny, there were so many, they were right there. It seemed like a good idea at the time so I figured getem!

Oh wait, this isn't Hellldivers, and that's not a mini-nuke. Oops?

Ok I admit, I did it anyway, Choppas are gonna be Choppas with less excuses... so waaagh? lol

Sorry confused peep. Let me give you context. I am an Ex-Warhammer player, Choppa which means my first instinct is get them versus live. When roaming its the same. Havoc its about taking them. When tagging I had to warn others I will get you killed, since Choppa, they were awesome and did well, so doubt the flashmob less in my book and keep them together for the fight.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

Looking at gw2mists the 3 highest EU KDR are ex-FOW-wave-1+ex-FOW-wave-3 (WSR), ex-FOW-wave-2(FR), and whatever remained in FOW

EU is truly full of life

If ppk is all that matters to you. I don't care much about that.

Last relink we (RS+FSP) had WSR as first matchup enemy and they could ppk all they wanted (and they loved ppk, neglecting their homeland and all), still lost the match up (248:242:218). They were last. Behind Drakkar.

Now we are linked with FoW and so far not impressed. We've trouble to keep ahead of Elona+Piken when RS commanders aren't on/tagging up.
At least the chat is, surprisingly, not toxic anymore (the potty teenagers must have left Fissure).

Edited by Lucy.3728

20 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

If ppk is all that matters to you. I don't care much about that.

Last relink we (RS+FSP) had WSR as first matchup enemy and they could ppk all they wanted (and they loved ppk, neglecting their homeland and all), still lost the match up (248:242:218). They were last. Behind Drakkar.

Now we are linked with FoW and so far not impressed. We've trouble to keep ahead of Elona+Piken when RS commanders aren't on/tagging up.
At least the chat is, surprisingly, not toxic anymore (the potty teenagers must have left Fissure).

It seems you were right not to be impressed: You failed in keeping ahead of Elona Reach and Piken Square 🙂

On 3/30/2024 at 12:16 AM, senftube.6081 said:

In EU they really should delete 3 Servers. There are to much German and  French Servers. Kodash, Millersund and Arborstone are literally Ghosttowns. Makes no sense anymore to keep them up.

Quite funny that you an Burial flamed me in the german forums due to my dislike of Drakkar, but you 2 are constantly advocating for Kodash and Miller to be closed, because they are Ghosttowns, that i can understand but why Arbotstone? They are at least somewhat active and the new link seems to suit them well.

Other servers struggle more or at least the same imo, the likes of Vizo, Dzago, Jade and in some parts Abaddon are struggling too. FoW has been hit quite hart the past weeks with nearly 100 players leaving the server and from what i saw in the last 2 weeks with them in the link: they did contribute slightly more players in zergs than kodash. It's to early to judge them by that, but man they really got hit hart.

In terms of Kodash, yeah we are a ghosttown, but leave us ghosts alone please. Many of us stopped playing due to the last 2 links, because A.) yeah we don't like Drakkar and B.) FoW first being on strike and then the above mentioned player loss. At least from the inititial few hours the new links seems to be quite fine.

Edited by Thea Cherry.6327