[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

18 hours ago, Bad Karma.2670 said:

Hello everyone!  This is my first post, so I hope this was placed in the correct area and hasn't already been addressed.  I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see anything, so here we go...

I was going through my very full inventory and noticed I had tons of weapon/armor skins taking up several bank tabs worth of space.  I've noticed that when I collect the skin (either through a gem purchase or from a random drop) the game unlocks the skin in my wardrobe and also places a consumable in my inventory allowing me to add the skin "for free" later on.  While I really appreciate the ability to apply the skin on my own terms, I find my hoarding gene is causing my inventory to bust at the seams with consumable skins.  How hard would it be to make a vendor where we can turn in a consumable skin for a transmutation charge?  This way we'd still get the advantage of being able to use the skin later "for free" while saving the inventory slot in our bank/character/guild bank as the transmutation charge would be stored in our wallet.

For example, if I buy the "Ice Reaver Chestguard Skin" from the gemstore, the skin would become unlocked on my account (indicated by the 3 pop-ups on my screen) and I would receive a transmutation charge in my inventory.  I could double click the transmutation charge to add it to my wallet.  I'd have the skin available in my wardrobe, a "freebee" transmutation charge in my wallet, and no impact to my inventory space.

Let me know what y'all think.  Hopefully there's not something already in game that does this as I've been unaware of it for all these years.  If there is, would you mind pointing me the way?  🙂

YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!

All the target possibilities are nice and varied, so that each can find their way to target an enemy.

The only target prevention is action camera, but it doesn't suit all gameplay, for exemple you can't look behind you while you cast (yes I know you can toggle it with a hotkey, i do so with mouse 3 when I need too).

The simple things the target system need is a target lock and something that disables any of the click targeting (why would you make targeting possible with right AND left clic is beyond my understanding).

I know the game has many options, most of which are niche ones. I don't feel like this one would be niche.

Thank you for coming to m TEDtalk

There are so many collections nowadays that it's hard to sort through the Collections tab and find the one you are looking for.

I think moving the Auric Weapons collection to the Auric Basin tab, for example, makes perfect sense and will actually help noobs realize that the collection exists for that map.

As for collections that span multiple maps, just keep them in the regular collections tab if there is no other place for them.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Silverpoopoo.1476
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Add gold to wvw reward tracks, it makes no sense that pvp rewards you 3x times what wvw does for the same time invested. i think this would go very nice with the new alliances thing would motivate more players to actually try wvw and not fell like their time is wasted doing it.

This, please. I hadn’t really thought of this before, but yeah- you get faaaar more rewards doing PvP and can do so with the same if not more afking and botting 

* edited to add that I am not endorsing either afking or botting, and really hope such can find a viable way to be addressed in PvP. Just that I’ve seen complaints about WvW people just doing things every ten minutes to reset participation, but that’s at least more action than all the PvP people just getting loss pips

Edited by genjonah.1253
See the *

Please! Allow us to have an ability, setting, or whatever it might be to fully disable other players' character models and their respective skill animation models and effects.

Example: Full map attacks Ley-line Anomaly, model of Anomaly either not loading because of high amount of other character models, or can't be seen in all those particles from skills.

In not really necessary to see other characters or their skill effect in open world\pve. To notice players around, name tags can be used, it's even have hotkey. 

Edited by Aeon.4583

Greetings Citizens of Tyria!

Wouldn't it be great to have a PvE UI screen and menu button similar to what we have for WvW and PvP? 

I recently ran into the Raiding Lobby in Lions Arch and couldn't help but feel like hmpf, we should have a PvE tab where we can track all of our progress in Raids/Fractals/Strikes etc. It could be similar to what we already have with the PvP menu tab, but instead of PvP Lobby it would be the Raid Lobby followed by details about our progress and status within those PvE areas. 

Thoughts?

I really hope at some point we can get saved log out points in Living Story. 

Disconnection or a wrong turn out of bounds can reset the whole instance. Some of these Living Story instances are long. I would like the ability to pause it to continue later without having to fully restart these long instances. 

• Like 2

I think crafting items should be making something that's useful/on-level at the time of making them.

So I have a crafting challenge for the devs: Make a new account without gold gain and luck bonuses from years of playing, and try to level a craft, especially armor, during leveling. Bonus: try to level two crafts, like armor + weapons. 

As it is, I don't accumulate enough mats to craft any level until I'm past that level. (I pick up mats while I play hearts, or travel back and forth between story quest locations.) There's not mobs that drop a lot of leather or cloth items (and when they do, it typically requires the use of a salvage kit--which is sensible, but at low levels the price can be prohibitive, especially if the player hasn't discovered daily quests), and some don't drop anything at all. I salvage any armor that can be, but there's a lot of armor and weapons that can only be deleted, to remove from inventory, which often feels sad.

Sometimes the crafting nodes don't show up on my mini-map, and a search on the playing map doesn't find any, either.

So I suggest (mix and match with these suggestions and any you think of yourself, until craftable game items can be crafted at the level they could be used): 

• Reduce or eliminate having armor that can't be salvaged.
  • Increase the drop rate of items in general (I find that many mobs drop nothing--while this helps with my bag space, it extends the work to get crafting loot).
  • Most animals should drop leather (or hides that can be salvaged to leather), in addition to their other drops. All furred animals, bats, reptiles, etc. (but not bugs like mosquitoes and spiders). This way leather could be farmed.
  • Some items should be added to get cloth, or fiber that can be made into cloth (cotton from cotton plants, silk from silkworms, etc.--on level appropriate maps).
  • More armor drops from human opponents.
  • Make the daily achievement drop more gold in general, and ensure it can be done in PvE without instancing (for players that lack concentration--a Reasonable Accommodation request: I personally can't do "hard" content every time I want to play).
  • Drop more gold in 1-80.
  • Check for bugs in the nodes and minimap.
  • Increase the drop rate from nodes.
  • Decrease the interval in which home instance nodes can be looted.
  • Increase the drop rate of home instance nodes in Black Lion chests.
  • Increase the availability of higher level salvage kits so vendors in lower levels sell at least up to Fine. (I find the better salvage kit, the better return, which is sensible).

Thanks!

Edited by willow.8209
bulleted list did not make bullets; add an idea
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 10:07 PM, Briareos.1865 said:

Or change those minor runes and sigil to selectable stats so we could just have a single stack

This would be brilliant. The boosters are already tradeable for something like this at a Black Lion seller, so it seems this could be done for runes and sigils, too.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, crazyhusky.2985 said:

I suggested this one in a thread awhile back, but what about having a optinal tutorial area that is reachable from a home instance. To teach players how to do things and what things do. You could have rytlock teach charrs, and Logan teach Humans, Many returning players need to be informed new machanics and newer players would want to see this information right away, sometimes just having an optional tutorial would be nice. An Old friend of mine returend for PoF and thought all scourges were trying to poison him, but we explained thats the new buff the barrier. It'll also helping having small tutorials the special action key and the defiance bars and how to break them, as many players still are a bit iffy on how to break the defiance bars, point in case was during PoF when you HAD to nerf boss because some people didnt know what the defiance bar was or how to break it. If there was a tutorial on it, maybe many those would have realized that have to break defiance bar to stun it, then kill it.

+

2 hours ago, willow.8209 said:
  • Most animals should drop leather (or hides that can be salvaged to leather), in addition to their other drops. All furred animals, bats, reptiles, etc. (but not bugs like mosquitoes and spiders). This way leather could be farmed.
  • Some items should be added to get cloth, or fiber that can be made into cloth (cotton from cotton plants, silk from silkworms, etc.--on level appropriate maps).

One could even put items in home instance for crafting items, like bee hives for honey, cotton plants for cotton, silkworms for silk, and sheep for wool.