[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Idea for the Relic storage problem
Relics do not stack at the moment, which makes it difficult to store them anywhere. On the other hand, we have the relic-containers as follows:
Relic Container: Survival
Relic Container: Support
Relic Container: Power
Relic Container: Conditions
and from the expansion (currently only available during the BETA):
Relic Container: Astral Ward Advances Set 1
Relic Container: Astral Ward Advances Set 2

Those containers are stackable. You could give us a Mystic Forge or Crafting recipe where we could convert our relics into those containers. The main problem for you would be that some relics are harder to get than others and the lazy players would just convert cheap relics into containers. Then use the container to get the fancy ones out.

Since EoD, you have showed us how much you love gold & material sinks. Every element you have added since is a giant resource sink so far. So the relic containers would be no exception. If you go for a regular crafting recipe, you can add your beloved Research Notes, expensive materials of your choice and relics of course. Or something similar to the (discontinued) Armor Boxes.

For a Mystic Forge Recipe, I would use 3x relics of that set + Provisioner Tokens/Globs of Ectoplasm/Mystic Coins/SotO materials.

In both cases, the result should be multiple containers (3-5) per craft. Else nobody would bother with it.

[EDIT] What @Tanek.5983 suggested below is definitely the BETTER option. I'm fine with either.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870

35 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Idea for the Relic storage problem
Relics do not stack at the moment, which makes it difficult to store them anywhere. On the other hand, we have the relic-containers as follows:
Relic Container: Survival
Relic Container: Support
Relic Container: Power
Relic Container: Conditions
and from the expansion (currently only available during the BETA):
Relic Container: Astral Ward Advances Set 1
Relic Container: Astral Ward Advances Set 2

Those containers are stackable. You could give us a Mystic Forge or Crafting recipe where we could convert our relics into those containers. The main problem for you would be that some relics are harder to get than others and the lazy players would just convert cheap relics into containers. Then use the container to get the fancy ones out.

Since EoD, you have showed us how much you love gold & material sinks. Every element you have added since is a giant resource sink so far. So the relic containers would be no exception. If you go for a regular crafting recipe, you can add your beloved Research Notes, expensive materials of your choice and relics of course. Or something similar to the (discontinued) Armor Boxes.

For a Mystic Forge Recipe, I would use 3x relics of that set + Provisioner Tokens/Globs of Ectoplasm/Mystic Coins/SotO materials.

In both cases, the result should be multiple containers (3-5) per craft. Else nobody would bother with it.

Or...hear me out on this...don't make yet another overly complex system only for the wealthy, just make 'em stack.

Crazy thought, I know, but it just might work. 😏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see "kill 100 xxx enemies" weeklies reduced to 50 enemies. With 100, I find myself constantly focusing on trying to tag as many enemies as possible instead of focusing on the event. On some occasions, this actually goes against completing objectives (like during Awakened Invasions when players stall killing the objective champion so they can kill more veterans). It also sucks missing the target by a dozen or so enemies and having to do the same meta a 2nd time just for the kills.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've wondered why the kill 100 is always expansion mobs. Icebrood stuff is found outside the LW. Wouldn't mind seeing kill dailies/weeklies for branded or centaurs or general undead that roam core zones so people who might not have the expansions, or unlocked them yet or LW can do them too. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Won’t affect anyone who won’t do them. It just varies the existing kill 100 option which other players do want to do. And encourages players to do more IBS metas

Is what you'd hope.
Reality is people will find the mobs with the fastest respawn rate and lowest health and kill those to complete the weekly in 3 minutes.

49 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Won’t affect anyone who won’t do them. It just varies the existing kill 100 option which other players do want to do. And encourages players to do more IBS metas

Well, personally I agree. But in practice there are already some people who want this one added, while they basically just came from another thread where they claimed something shouldn't be added as an objective because some people will complain about it.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/140963-can-we-get-a-weekly-raid-for-wizards-vault/

Funny how this one works for them "because it's just added variety", but the other thread didn't. Following their own "argument": someone would complain about it (already does), so we can't add it.

Edited by Sobx.1758

Convergence Mastery:

Kryptis Essence Extractor buff is clunky. After obtaining this buff, I have to basically park and stop playing that character until I can afford some motivations. Not only that, if I forget to use motivations on a character that has the buff, it's a waste since I lose out on extra 15~20 essences per motivation.

This should just be a passive upgrade for the account rather than a timed buff on a character.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Convergence Mastery:

Kryptis Essence Extractor buff is clunky. After obtaining this buff, I have to basically park and stop playing that character until I can afford some motivations. Not only that, if I forget to use motivations on a character that has the buff, it's a waste since I lose out on extra 15~20 essences per motivation.

This should just be a passive upgrade for the account rather than a timed buff on a character.

Why would you need to park/stop playing it? You can just do the convergence again later (whether it's the same day, another week or another month), after you get some motivations to use. That buff isn't some scarce resource you have to carefully hoard.

We like Weapon skins we also like Legendary weapons. May I suggest that in equipment you can apply the unlocked Legendary weapon effects to current equipped weapon?

I.E. Right click Pistol in equipment > Customize effects > Quip , Hope , Aurene's Arguement etc. etc. (if unlocked)

We still want that skins bought from gem store right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Please improve the salvage drops from ascended crafted weapons and armour. 

It feels such a waste to just get dark energy balls and little else from ascended gear, after you spent 50+ gold in crafting one.

Research notes takes too long of a process, involving many steps to get some gold out of it.

Solution:

We should get... after using an ascended salvage kit, the following (Sellable) materials:

. 1 Piece of ascended crafting material.

. 1-3 globs of ectoplasm.

. The inscription

. The infusions

. 1 sigil

Non sellable:

. 1-3 globs of dark matter

I feel this would be fair and we'd get at least some of what we invested.

Please consider, and thank you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2