[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You already do have the same choice for reward acquisition as other players though. And raids clearly are pve. 😄

No, no, you are wrong, Raids are not PvE, because in WvW the Keep Lord is an NPC even though there are a bunch of players - that can kill you - are trying to prevent you from reaching that NPC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

Just wondering what most think about giving the general PVE community the ability to obtain Legendary Armor.

I've never liked WvW or PvP because it gets a little heated (some take it too serious) but would like to be able to get Legendary Armor. Not for prestige but for the ability to swap the stats and sigils and such. Heck make it ugly like all Ascended Armor is now just the stat swap.

How about getting one piece of your choice for map completion? Isn't this the same as griding in WvW and PvE but for the PvE players?

This will not take anything away from anyone who has done the grind in WvW and PVE it just allows PvE players to have the same choice for armor as all over styles of play. You would have to do map completion on 6 characters to get a full set. To me that seems to be a fair trade-off.

As far as anyone saying it diminishes their accomplishments I did my first 5 map completions when we had to do all WvW maps as well and when they took away the WvW part it didn't make my accomplishments feel any less.

Thanks All 😁

If raids aren't PvE then what is it? 

Care to explain exactly why raids aren't PvE? 

Edited by Snaq.3408
Misspelled word
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I know I don't need it never have never will but there should be a more viable options other than saying you have to do WvW or PvE.

All 3 current options are viable. So you don't want "more viable options", you want "easier/less effort options". But just like in the past: want more rewards? Play more of the game's content.

1 hour ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

but it would renew interest in mapping

Mapping is already utilized for legendary weapon acquisition process and from what I see, it hardly needs any "interest renewal".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

However you look at it, legendary armour would have to be time gated to at least a few months. And even if it were added it would still have to take a lot of effort, so people would complain about that. IF it were added, it would have some hard demands like doing every jumping puzzle and killing every world boss and meta event with additional acheavements like the teq and shatterer ones...

If you want a low effort legendary armour, just do wvw. All you have to do basicaly is kill the camp guards every 10 minutes for about 15 hours per week for 22 weeks. It's as passive as it gets, is essentially pve and can be done with crap gear and build.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Snaq.3408 said:

If raids aren't PvE then what is it? 

Care to explain exactly why raids aren't PvE? 

Oh we had that question answered in another thread according to that person raids are pvi player vs instance.

Something I and afew others never heard of before and I got a chuckle out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

And why do you get to define what others need to do to obtain said thing? And no Raids are not PvE in my opinion.

Lets get technical when you take a Keep in WvW is the Boss a live player? I think not

PvE = Player versus Environment.

Raids ARE PvE.

You can think what you like about the legendary armour, but you are literally wrong if you say raids are not PvE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

Then Why does WvW have NPC bosses to keeps and such? Then they are not truly players on servers against other players on servers.

It really isn't rocket science, but here's wiki to help you:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

World vs. World (also known as WvW) is a game mode combining Player versus Player and Player versus Environment elements.

WvW is simply as close to the [faction-based] open world pvp experience as gw2 will -most likely- ever get. You have PvE, structured PvP and WvW which combines both.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Oh we had that question answered in another thread according to that person raids are pvi player vs instance.

Something I and afew others never heard of before and I got a chuckle out of it.

How nice, he just invented a new mode for the MMORPG genre 👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

But if you're looking to an actual response to your idea for map completion:

I've completed map completion in 2 days before, that means I could theoretically have a full set of legendary armour in 12 days. Though, thinking about it, it takes me about 15 hours - so I could probably even just do it in 6 days.

The other sets have a minimum timegate of what...6 weeks?

There's also literally no skill involved, just running around spamming 1 and pressing F, skipping all the hero points with WvW heroics anyway... it's just a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Moises.2196 said:

Fair enough. Change them to vets. Do a bit more damage and a little bit harder to kill but not stupid spongy. They do die super fast tho especially with the power creep through the years. Zhaitan should be a bit more spongy tho. I think it takes like 32 or so cannon shots to kill him and I think the cannon cooldown is like 2s so yeah...

Well do remember that the ones doing story are most likely ftp so not that much power creep.

Take further into consideration that they might have mix match armor pieces from leveling up.

And lastly please edit op copy and paste it the press put it as plain text pop up so dark mode can read it.

• Confused 1

I enjoy the thought of an open world obtainable set of armor. But the cost/struggle would have to be obscene in order to keep it legendary. Think Season of Dragons on roids, plus a set achievement number amount to attain, plus a mastery number to obtain, a special item from every expansion needed, entire story masteries from base to latest expac completed all on one character. And thats just to unlock the collection 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Casual roleplayer / pve-er / mediocre raider here to toss in my vote regarding your proposal:

No.

If you want the convenience of legendary armor, earn it. If you're not willing to stomach wvw/pvp, or learn how to raid to do the PvE, (yes, it's pve. Pretty sure Deimos isn't being controlled by another player. That's literally pve.), then you obviously don't want the convenience of legendary armor that badly.

And just so OP doesn't come in crying about 'elitists' who disagree with their opinion, this is coming from a casual who actually got into raids to earn the armor like everyone else. It's really not that hard if you're willing to invest the time and effort and find the right community to learn with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

If raids are not pve, then what are they then?

I mean just because people want to argue in them doesn't make them PvP, or else this forum would count for dailies. Maybe it should.

I feel like the quest for shinies has disconnected some from reality. Stop. Don't be like this guy.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 2

They have been asked to address this for years. It has fallen on deaf ears. And,btw, as has been mentioned in many other topics and threads.  Anets history regarding lack of communication and interaction with the community has been evident with this topic as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well do remember that the ones doing story are most likely ftp so not that much power creep.

Take further into consideration that they might have mix match armor pieces from leveling up.

And lastly please edit op copy and paste it the press put it as plain text pop up so dark mode can read it.

The game does a horrible Job at teaching new players how to pick gear, craft, and use runes sigil and all that. Hopefully they fix this but if not I guess just tone down the difficulty. Would still like to see them add phases to the Zhaitan fight and make it more interesting. Can be made easier so that the avarage joe with mixed gear can enjoy it, but keep the action consistent for the theatrics. It's so anti climatic just shooting away with a few puddles under your feet. Sometimes you never even see the animation for summoning the tendrils or the tendrils themselves. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

They move the level 10 blc key to level 15 and I spend no more money on the game ever. Yes I do buy stuff with real money. But I do like getting my level 10 key every week as well. 

How is an extra 5 levels any different i mean 10-15 is such a tiny change.

10 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

If raids are not pve, then what are they then?

I mean just because people want to argue in them doesn't make them PvP, or else this forum would count for dailies. Maybe it should.

I feel like the quest for shinies has disconnected some from reality. Stop. Don't be like this guy.

Players vs Devs or PvD (secretly the devs are playing the bosses to kill you all.)

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

How is an extra 5 levels any different i mean 10-15 is such a tiny change.

Other than burning more experience tomes, I don't think the level change would make a big difference.

The fact that the proposed scheme moves chapter 1 of story to level 5, chapter 2 to level 15, and puts the key there, however,  would very much lengthen the weekly key run. Now, instead of just doing chapter 1 (Krytan Politics  for example) you'd also have to do chapter 2 (Shadows of the Past story for humans for example).

• Like 1