[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Not for other players. This isn't a "I'm sick of seeing everyone else's effects >:(" post. This is mainly in reference to dual wield weapon loadouts that completely negate the footprints of whatever off-hand weapon you're using if wielding a main hand legendary. Say I really like the appearance of Eureka but prefer the footprints of whatever off-hand weapon I'm using, the only way I can have those footprints take priority is to transmute Eureka into something else.

It seems like it would be extremely easy for Anet to just make a slumbering version of the weapon as a skin and grant it to players with the weapon unlocked in their armory, with footprints turned off to allow the player to either disable them for themselves, or have the off-hand weapon take priority without compromising whatever appearance they might be going for. 

Thoughts?

• Like 4

I'd like to see the addition of a "character effect coloriser" setting added to the game. Many games have this feature, where you select a single color and then that color is applied to many special effects in the game to allow better integration with your character's looks.

Examples of effects that would be dyed:

- Jade Mech for Machinist

- Floating daggers for Virtuoso profession mechanic, and skill effects like Feedback, Portal

- Guardian symbols and flames

- Necromancer marks and wells (and Chronomancer wells, too)

These are just a few examples, but there's many, many more.

To keep this from unbalancing the game in competitive modes by not being able to identify skills, you could just add a setting to disable it, which would be turned on by default in PvP/WvW, or give players the option to use teamcolors instead just like with armor dyes.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The latest Skiff skin gave me an idea for something with a larger sail with room for a Guild Logo,

would also be nice if this skin could be purchased from the Isle of Reflection guild hall as an exclusive items, similar to how the Guilded Hallow and Lost Precipice halls gave you access to the Tenebrous and shimmereing weapon skins.

• Haha 1

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/435586261529395232/1010993165760745512/ActionCamProblems.mp4

See how action camera keeps the character model looking forward while the yellow cast bar channels, but this behavior isn't the same for non-action cam. It would be a huge QoL to match non-action cam.

Did this because I have been messing around with Steam Deck controls in preparation for Steam release and it doesn't work as well when mapping kb&m vs action cam.😞 If action camera worked as well as kb&m, that would fix the majority of problems.

Edit: The behavior is the same even with no cast time skills. e.g. stunbreaks

Edited by cgMatt.5162
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hello, ANet.

This is a request/suggestion, in the form of a question. 

Isn't time you added vehicles and other Mounts in WvW?

We've got all this advanced technology, including Asura, Charr, and now Jade Tech.

We've got charr tanks and Airships since the Zhaitan stage.

We've got Siege Turtles.

We've got other mounts.

I think this is exactly what WvW needs to spice things up.

It would be interesting to try take somebody down from their skyscale, whilst they shoot fireballs at your keeps walls.

Also, you could do other versions of WvW maps, in which have rules applied.

For instance, no vehicles, so the players who don't want to play with vehicles can still use the same maps.

You could do Guns only maps.

Rifles only, or/and pistols.

Imagine using gryphon in a speed dive then dropping an incendiary bomb on keep right before regaining height and flying off before it gets hit.

Then you get on your skyscale and chase it down firing fire projectiles at it before it reaches the safety of their keep.

WvW has so much potential. 

Thanks for your time and hardwork. 

Hope you consider.

PS. I'd love to use an artillery tank in WvW.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

It feels really bad when you get disconnected in the middle of a story with your party and all your progress is lost. It feels even worse when the party has to make a decision to restart everything or wait for you to do it by yourself We should be able to rejoin the instance.

Edited by Eclipse.4295
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 12:48 AM, Silent.6137 said:

Why is there no merging request for commander to accept or decline when another squad merge into it? It should have the same type of pop-ups as when someone request to join a squad or party. Happens too often when someone merge another squad without regards for anyone else.

• This forced those in the squad to be in a squad other than what they join for.
  • Often taken off LFG when the squad is suddenly at capacity >sometimes LFG message are changed (bug?) to the merging squad's LFG listing.
  • Commnader for squad have to kick those from the merged squad who logged off, or ask those who have no intention of doing the squad events to leave

To add to this, sometimes the LFG listing will be changed to that of the squad that merged into an active squad. As happened again today. A meta squad became listed as a JP to chest squad on LFG. Fix this please.

I know it's almost certainly too late to do before the Steam release, but would you please revisit attribute downscaling in levelling zones sometime soon?

As it currently stands, there is basically zero reason to spec for anything except for Power; everything else gets scaled down so much, and things like Healing Power just don't do anything meaningful when in <Lv80 zones. This, combined with lower mob health in levelling zones, just leads to Power builds (especially high level ones) just instantly destroying everything, which is going to be very frustrating for the all the new players as they won't be able to keep up.

IMO, it'd be better for some attributes to be scaled with diminishing returns (or harsher diminishing returns than they are now). So, very little (or zero) downscaling when only a little bit above base (for that level); some downscaling when moderately above base; and a lot when way above base.

Additionally, attributes like Concentration shouldn't be scaled at all, or they should actually scale up in levelling zones, because they're so hard to come by and currently apply at a flat rate; so it's exponentially harder to get any meaningful boon duration while in levelling zones. Diminishing returns would also allow crit to actually be a thing while levelling, instead of getting scaled down so much that your crit chance is halved.

I know levelling is such a small part of the game overall, but we're going to have a lot of casuals join who may take many months to max out a single character. Speaking from experience with games I only played occasionally, it's really disheartening to try out new things and find out that 95% of it just doesn't do anything til you've played for enough hours to get to the part where it "counts". The new players will probably also be trying out Dungeons, where the downscaling is going to absolutely stomp them, yet high level Power builds are still going to absolutely destroy everything.

• Thanks 2

Why are we limited to Weapons, Armor and Backpacks.
Why can we not have cosmetic slots for Kits/Pets/Skills:

• Kits: This one makes the most sense since most of the kits have not been changed since launch
  • Pets: Simple things like a Reindeer noes/outfit for Rock Gazelle, or an Asura Golem for Mechanist
  • Skills: We already have modifiers based on which Legendary you have so why cant they be placed inside a cosmetic slot
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Why are we limited to Weapons, Armor and Backpacks.
Why can we not have cosmetic slots for Kits/Pets/Skills:

• Kits: This one makes the most sense since most of the kits have not been changed since launch
  • Pets: Simple things like a Reindeer noes/outfit for Rock Gazelle, or an Asura Golem for Mechanist
  • Skills: We already have modifiers based on which Legendary you have so why cant they be placed inside a cosmetic slot

Probably because the weapons, armors and backpacks can be used by every class, while what you mentioned above is not. Basically "covering more ground" for the potential buyers. Also, possibly, the technology might not exist (yet?).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Probably because the weapons, armors and backpacks can be used by every class, while what you mentioned above is not. Basically "covering more ground" for the potential buyers. Also, possibly, the technology might not exist (yet?).

Kits and Pets are exclusive to a class but legendary weapon/skill modifiers are not. We have something for harvesting tools so why can that system not be shared for any weapon in the game then by extension how hard would it be to swap out the model ID for a Kit or Pet.

Since I wont read 249 pages and the search didnt show any mention of it I would like to bring up the Idea of naming the BANKTABS !!

also add a tickbox to choose if you want them to be closed or open when u enter the bank

thats it. maybe anyone else has 15+ tabs and has sometimes trouble finding something dispite having them organised simply coz they are so many and you have to close or scroll so you can find the tab you want

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Feature request: give us an option checkbox to disable [Ctrl] and [Shift] skill linking when in combat.

At first, I thought it was just fat fingers.  "Fat fingers gonna fing fatly, whatcha gonna do?"  But it was ALWAYS [Shift] that was tripping me up.  Then I remembered: [Shift] is the command to run in a lot of games.  Muscle memory is tripping me up, when I need to move faster when in a hectic combat, I nudge [Shift], and now I'm stopped entirely as my typed commands go into chat.

So yeah, just give me an option to disable those chat linking options in combat.  Or the option to reassign them entirely, or limit them to the right-hand [Shift], [Alt], and [Ctrl] keys.