[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

30 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Its more of a point that people will abuse where they can. Why would anyone ever use exploits, makes no sense to most of us but people still find ways. Why make it easier instead of just require people in an MMO have to actually talk to each other.

Side-note: The other point is there was no discussion on how/where implemented which is part of the point and danger of a broad topic with detail, who said anything about breaking combat and adding as a friend, initial idea was just inspect. Its the old programming joke about wanting a tree swing and how that could be interpreted. 

Opt-in and opt-out HAVE been mentioned, though, yet you ignore those.

Grasping at straws at a competitive level, here.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You never faced that player in WvW that will break combat multiple times to switch build templates and then try you again and again till they could find something that worked because they feared their e-death? Most players won't but in all game modes people will find ways to abuse some features. Outside of people speaking different languages there are already tools in game via text to achieve the goals mentioned by the OP versus creating tools that might be abused. Sorry will opt in having to have people actually talk to each other instead.

I have!  It's fun to still stomp them because they swap to a build they don't know all that well.  Also, what's stopping you from shifting your build if you think someone's doing that?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

I have!  It's fun to still stomp them because they swap to a build they don't know all that well.  Also, what's stopping you from shifting your build if you think someone's doing that?

🙂 That's whole different topic. I don't mind when they do it, and no I don't switch builds since I use it as an extra test on how my build holds up against various other types. I enjoy the theory crafting on how they set their build to retry against the one I have. Based on forum posts over the years doesn't mean I haven't seen how much it might bother others though and also know a lot of people that don't post so will share their views after discussions. Also doesn't mean I can't see how an inspection might lead to more ill will versus positive gain. So again, that's a -1. I gave the OP an +1 from thinking about it from multiple angels but then people made too many assumptions its never a good coding change to think about a topic from one angle. So again, refine the request to limit some aspects and maybe, make it a cosmetic only and maybe, but would question the resource lose against other game changes still I think. And since both could be solved by a simple text question.... Again we already have solutions in place for the issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Opt-in and opt-out HAVE been mentioned, though, yet you ignore those.

Grasping at straws at a competitive level, here.

No already told the OP +1 for that thought. And as others mentioned above most people would see the opt-out as an immediate rejection. Why are you against talking to your fellow players? If you are running into that many people lying to you maybe just run whatever the event is with guild members instead? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

🙂 That's whole different topic. I don't mind when they do it, and no I don't switch builds since I use it as an extra test on how my build holds up against various other types. I enjoy the theory crafting on how they set their build to retry against the one I have. Based on forum posts over the years doesn't mean I haven't seen how much it might bother others though and also know a lot of people that don't post so will share their views after discussions. Also doesn't mean I can't see how an inspection might lead to more ill will versus positive gain. So again, that's a -1. I gave the OP an +1 from thinking about it from multiple angels but then people made too many assumptions its never a good coding change to think about a topic from one angle. So again, refine the request to limit some aspects and maybe, make it a cosmetic only and maybe, but would question the resource lose against other game changes still I think. And since both could be solved by a simple text question.... Again we already have solutions in place for the issue.

While I don't think we'll ever get a right-click; inspect option, I, for one, would love the ability to share my current gear (transmutations included) and build in a simpler fashion.  As it stands, if you use stat-selectable gear (And runes/sigils), you have to write out what you use per-slot.  Sharing your trait set up is also a bit awkward.  You save the build to your storage then right-click it to copy the code.

• Confused 3

35 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

While I don't think we'll ever get a right-click; inspect option, I, for one, would love the ability to share my current gear (transmutations included) and build in a simpler fashion.  As it stands, if you use stat-selectable gear (And runes/sigils), you have to write out what you use per-slot.  Sharing your trait set up is also a bit awkward.  You save the build to your storage then right-click it to copy the code.

That's a different request and could agree with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

"Let me expect your gear, oh , you don't have item x"
- Kicked from the party and blocked.

That was a nice player, too, informing you that they were inspecting.  Realistically it would just be: join party > kicked > block > no clue why that occurred.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

The same reason they're against being honest with the groups they join.

considering  95% of content you could be wearing green and destroy all content if you have any experience, all you are describing here is your toxic viewpoint in game, people are being 'dishonest'  really.  Or, are we still trying to skew the conversation towards raids once again here perhaps.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

considering  95% of content you could be wearing green and destroy all content if you have any experience, all you are describing here is your toxic viewpoint in game, people are being 'dishonest'  really.  Or, are we still trying to skew the conversation towards raids once again here perhaps.

Considering how I, back when BGDM was a thing, had a screenshot folder filled with hundreds of images of weird gear set ups I found while doing instanced content, (set ups that wouldn't have them filling their role effectively at all, either, mind you), I have firsthand experience with people lying to get into groups for a hard carry.  There's this attitude that's pervasive in this community that's all "Play how I want" but that breaks down when your method of play contradicts someone else's way of having fun (As long as that fun is within the rules of the game). 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

Considering how I, back when BGDM was a thing, had a screenshot folder filled with hundreds of images of weird gear set ups I found while doing instanced content, (set ups that wouldn't have them filling their role effectively at all, either, mind you), I have firsthand experience with people lying to get into groups for a hard carry.  There's this attitude that's pervasive in this community that's all "Play how I want" but that breaks down when your method of play contradicts someone else's way of having fun (As long as that fun is within the rules of the game). 

Since someone requested this to be merged with the QoL thread discussion will soon get buried. Giving people more ways to share and discuss in game would be a good thing, agree there for theory crafters and players helping players coming up with builds that they are looking for. But we need to make sure it limits to those helping versus those not. Good gaming to you! in case this is buried as other threads get merged on top.

Can we have jade bot workbench in every major city and home instance, and guild hall too please?

Don't wanna have to go to cantha then up the cable to the workbench in Arborstone everytime I want to change something on my jade bot.

I have 26 characters and am considering upgrading all jade cores to max aswell as adding all the extras.

That's a lot of characters to go through... to have to go to Cantha everytime.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/27/2023 at 5:54 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You never faced that player in WvW that will break combat multiple times to switch build templates and then try you again and again till they could find something that worked because they feared their e-death? Most players won't but in all game modes people will find ways to abuse some features. Outside of people speaking different languages there are already tools in game via text to achieve the goals mentioned by the OP versus creating tools that might be abused. Sorry will opt in having to have people actually talk to each other instead.

So you hate that your opponent outsmarts you? If you want people to stick to their build you should try structured PvP.

7 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Can we have jade bot workbench in every major city and home instance, and guild hall too please?

Don't wanna have to go to cantha then up the cable to the workbench in Arborstone everytime I want to change something on my jade bot.

I have 26 characters and am considering upgrading all jade cores to max aswell as adding all the extras.

That's a lot of characters to go through... to have to go to Cantha everytime.

For what it is worth: You can already buy a Work Bench for in your Guild Hall.

It cost 300 research notes and 6 gold. It is listed as Decoration, but is fully functional.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Bot_Workbench_(decoration) For details and locations

I would like to see them in other places like cities as well though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

So you hate that your opponent outsmarts you? If you want people to stick to their build you should try structured PvP.

Outsmart me? lol, where did I say I played smart? No I simply show how people could abuse tools as they abuse exploits already. Let me give you perspective. I would like this option myself for cosmetics and theory crafting but see how easy it would be to abuse it and how other tools have added more negatives versus positives so for the overall impact to others would say -1. If I was smart I would never attack groups while solo. Isn't going to stop me from trying to see how things hold up and test my own builds. Doesn't mean I will kill them but helps in data collection for later fights. Its ok, we can agree to disagree that it would be more of a negative add versus a positive. Yes it would help me in theory crafting in other game modes but would lead to a ton of trolling in other modes. So -1 from me still. 

- Add name input verification (same as when deleting achievement items)
when a weapon or armor precursor (e.g. ascended triumphant hero's armor)
is going to be deleted/destroyed or used in the mystic forge thus being
permanently lost.

- Remove name input verification for achievement items that can be
safely discarded after acquisition.

- Add an indication to the WvW dialog showing how many WvW skirmish
claim tickets can be acquired until the player reaches the week's maximum.

e.g. if someone has acquired 50 tickets, it should show 315 remaining,
if the max is 365.

- Add an option in the settings to be able to disable the auto camera
zoom in/out when entering boss fights in fractals (or anywhere else really)

- Add "Skip" button to all videos when replaying story for achievements.

- Make the "Character Model Limit/Quality" options different per game
mode (or even better the entire graphics settings tab).

It is especially useful for WvW, when too many people are fighting and
the FPS drops so much that it becomes unplayable, thus setting these two
to "Low" makes it playable again.

However when returning to PvE areas it is great having them set to
"High". Currently this is handled manually back and forth.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

-wish anet removes the cds from mount skills and increase the mount energy gain by 100% maybe even allow mounting while in combat in the open world pve

- remove the weekly time gate on raids and daily time gate on fractals and dungeons and strikes and dragon response missions and meta events rewards.
- add all of the common rewards found inside the black lion chest as farmable rewards doing activities mentioned above with a lower chance getting the uncommon / rare stuff there for an example clear 50 end game activity from what's mentioned above get one unlocked black lion chest .
-shared map completion for party members downscaling to the party member that has less progression done
-shared achievement progression for party members downscaling to the party member with less progression or unlocks 
-shared mastery experience for party members 
-in game wiki tap
-in game barber shop.

-squad queueing for raids / meta events with a requirement of 2 things from fill- dps -quickness-alac-heal and starting when all roles are filled 
-party queuing for dungeons and fractals a requirement of 2 things from fill- dps -quickness-alac-heal and starting when all roles are filled
-wish we could glide up or get launched up with a mastery instead of relying on the springer mount 
-wish open world in general get more adds and get more threatening with more elites and champions specially inside caves.
-wish we had a rental system for fashion that unlocks all game skins temporarily that lasts a day/week/month that we can trade for gems or as something we get as a reward for birthdays or spvp /wvw ranks.
-wish spvp elo became static rank wise instead of calculating the disparity between players points wise in example :
always get +15 on a win -15 on a loss
-wish each top stat had +4 points elo wise with a max of + 24
-wish spvp leaderboard is based on higher number of games played + elo points instead of elo points+ minimum games played .
- wish anet remove point decay from spvp 
- wish 3 dishonors in single day results into spvp season ban .
-wish we had tournament divisions so new players can compete against each other so they would be able in the long run with experience compete with the veterans in example a tournament that only non dragon ranked players can join with minimum rewards like static 2 gold win or lose and a tournament  that only dragon rank can join with big rewards like 7 static gold win or lose + top 8 prizes 
-wish wvw rewards reset happened every 3 days with less time gating required to fully complete the wvw pips/reward track.
 lastly wish this game and its devs all the best for what is yet to come for this beautiful game .

Edited by infant.8175
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Suggestion: Trading Post Options

The default price when you buy an item is the lowest sell offer and the default price when you sell an item is the highest buy order. I usually end up doing the opposite, which is why I'd like to have the following options:

• Default to highest buy order when buying
  • Default to lowest sell offer when selling

When you delete a buy order or sell offer you must always confirm this action. However, buying or selling something instantly doesn't require any confirmation even though it's irreversible. Because of this, I'd also enjoy the following options:

• Require confirmation when buying instantly
  • Require confirmation when selling instantly

Put a selling price (even 1 copper) to the lv5 gear that drops for new players. I keep watching videos of new players that don't know what to do with that gear: they are not able to salvage it, sell it, and are scared to destroy it, since as new player you don't know if it's useful.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Bit on a character creator spree and encountered a bit of an issue.

The physique option, or lack thereof.

Like i could look at two options both having half of the features i want on my character and half of those i don't want... And it's the opposite of each.

So why couldn't there be more physique options that could cover most alternatives.

• Like 2

QoL suggestion: Having wardrobe, mount, glider, and dye selection unique per build per character (for fashion wars):

Allow mount skin changes/glider/dye changes be unique per character build tab instead of per single character. For example, I have a Core Warrior and Spellbreaker build on one character but have to completely change my mount, glider, and dyes on those items to reflect the style I'm trying to go for on the other class. Its a little bit inconvenient to have to change it every time I switch builds. If there was a way to save those presets per build, I think players would enjoy this small change. I already transmute plenty when a new skin comes out in BLC or I have to make a new character.

Vertical Skill Bar:

Allowing players to rotate their horizontal skill bars to vertical ones similar to other MMOs. While this is situational depending on the player, it is difficult to cast certain skills with the preset layout of the skill bar. It feels more ergonomic to employ a vertical skill bar that allows easier projectile/manually targeted skills to be used (ie banners). This allows lesser travel time between the bottom of the screen to the middle of the screen. It would not be screen resolution based, but allow for the player to move the bar wherever they please. I think it is a more viable solution than expecting most players to have a mouse with more than M1 or M2 buttons.

^Adding to the vertical skill bar:

Allowing mount selection to not be a dropdown but rather an optional vertical skill/sidebar to toggle mounts faster. Or allow favoriting mounts so they are set to the top of the bar rather than having to toggle through all of them and press the wrong one, especially important in a tight situation.

Allowing Gear/Item Locking in Inventory:

Right click to lock the item so it isnt accidentally sold to the NPC. At least there is a buyback feature but it still happens from time to time when a lot of the item icons look exactly the same.

Allowing All Items/Map Currency to be Auto Depositable and Withdrawable with NPC/Player Transactions:

Nothings more annoying than having items/mats in your inventory that you just end up putting in the bank not because the bank is full, but because you only have fragments of it, or its simply not able to be deposited with the arrow button in your inventory. When using the Mystic Forge you still have to pull out stacks from your bank to throw in, even if the recipe only needs 1 (which could have been easily pulled from Bank if all currency/materials could be stored there).

Edited by Zeyku.9571
Updating info
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1