[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I have one little suggestion:

Please remove that very annoying window that keeps popping up in the lower-left corner every couple of minutes to warn players that the Mastery training is ready. Make the icon glow/shine or, at least, make it so that the window doesn't appear so often after being dismissed.

It's VERY annoying and also covers the chat window.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Since I can't find a forum topic for this, I'm creating one. I have a suggestion, so that for the lowly scribes that make siege for WVW and have to wait hours to put them through the machine. Can it not be fixed so that you can load 250 each slot? It wastes so much time standing waiting to load every 30 seconds. Help us have a more productive game play by making this fix. IT would make lots of people really happy. Thanks GW2 team of developers etc. I love this game, but lets make it better for us scribes. THANKS

• Sad 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:11 PM, Enawdor.8531 said:

So much for an argument.

That could be a good idea also, like finishing effect on monster like Aurene legendary have, but with Norn/Asura/Human/Charr/Silvary touch.

But overall it's sad that these skills have no really use outside of maybe leveling, 'cause everything is better than them. I'm not saying we should have overpowered ones, but having my Charr use one Charr skill in a raid/wvw or else could really immerse the player in the world of Tyria. As long as it doesn't force a player to play a specific race in order to play a specific role, could be fun.

I just want to ride in an asuran golem with no cooldown or time limit. They can nerf the damage to the ground for all I care, just let me have my golem suit

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time of reading this if you do.
I was wondering if some day we can have a way to arrange our characters on the character select screen.
Currently they are arranged based on last time they were played but I would like the ability to arrange the characters freely. 
With over 30 alts, it might help to keep them a little more organized. 

Again, thank you for your time! I hope you have a nice day. 

• Like 4

On 8/11/2023 at 3:47 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

Giving everyone beta testing each big balance patch should lead to less buggy behaviour and a lot faster problems solving which happens everytime these are launched. It will improve gameplay better for us and for them easier to fix stuff right at hand if they listen.

Including new expansion content, areas, features should be testable too.

So give us these a lot more, thank you !

Shame that they decided to merge my thread into the spam folder they will never read. The chance them reading our posts is small. But in this  "quality life thread", it is made to feel the crowd heard because a big thread with many ideas must "surely" be read by them. Yea it is not, this place is the outer part for them to never read ours. What a shame 😶

• Confused 2

i would like stacks from sigils (e.g. Bloodlust, Corruption etc.) to persist when switching templates, if both utilize the same sigil.

currently that can only be achieved when using the exact same weapon in the same slot - which means it does not work for legendary weapons as they are not persistent items beyond the template they are in.

Maybe / probably mentioned before, but would it be possible to add the option to use ENTER key as an alternative method to needing to mouse-click 'Yes' and 'OK' on buttons in the GW2 pop-ups, and "Place order" in the TP as well?

Preferably with an option to enable / disable this keyboard shortcut under the Game Options as well for those who don't want to opt-in.

I can press Escape key to close most dialogs, but e.g. the pointless popup about 'connectivity issues' which requires mouse clicking the 'OK' button, or the "Buy" button on vendors, or the "Yes" or "OK" buttons on other notices, it would be nice if I could just press the ENTER key to quickly close them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When they talked about the development of mounts years ago they revealed that mounts are actually a type of character transform. Since tonics are also transform and two transforms don't seem to be possible, that's why it is this way.

Would it be nice? Definitely. But, it seems like a sacrifice they had to make to get everything working the way it does

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’ve always wanted to see a charr or a male norn using embiggening tonic while riding a raptor with the Archaius Sprinter skin. Or an asura using miniature tonic while riding jackal with Noble Aurochs skin. I would at least have a reason to use this jackal monstrosity if they added this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

When they talked about the development of mounts years ago they revealed that mounts are actually a type of character transform. Since tonics are also transform and two transforms don't seem to be possible, that's why it is this way.

Would it be nice? Definitely. But, it seems like a sacrifice they had to make to get everything working the way it does

Didnt know that, thats unfortunate

• Sad 1

Please add the endless Dolphin/Koi/Shark tonics and the Elonian Music Boxes to the novelty wardrobe!

Material storage for all rarities of Essence of Luck and Antique Summoning Stones would also greatly be appreciated. Baubles/Bauble Bubbles should have mat storage space too. Zhaitaffy/Jorbreakers do, candy corn/cobs do, Snowflakes do, so why not baubles?

Tonic versions of the Norn spirit forms? You know, for us roleplay nerds. Doesn't even need to be a combat tonic.

The bear and raven shaman sets were released in Icebrood Saga, but the Snow Leopard havroun set wasn't. I would love a way to obtain those skins someday.

Edited by Caitmonster.9036
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

Please add the endless Dolphin/Koi/Shark tonics and the Elonian Music Boxes to the novelty wardrobe!

Material storage for all rarities of Essence of Luck and Antique Summoning Stones would also greatly be appreciated. Baubles/Bauble Bubbles should have mat storage space too. Zhaitaffy/Jorbreakers do, candy corn/cobs do, Snowflakes do, so why not baubles?

Tonic versions of the Norn spirit forms? You know, for us roleplay nerds. Doesn't even need to be a combat tonic.

The bear and raven shaman sets were released in Icebrood Saga, but the Snow Leopard havroun set wasn't. I would love a way to obtain those skins someday.

How could you forget the wolf set?

• Sad 1

Hi, with the amount of builds added to the game with new weapons, weapon mastery, i think adding some extra qol for templates can be nice.
The ability to use the same key for Build & Equipment template can help to switch easily to other builds.
https://imgur.com/gallery/8nAO8g5
And add more maximum pages to templates
https://imgur.com/gallery/jpDicfa

• Sad 1

As of right now, Balls of dark matter have a problem--

If you have all legendary gear, or all the ascended you need, they don't do anything. Salvaging ascended armors you don't need offers no gold, really, and the best you cna do is to eventually turn them into research notes. 

I'd offer that some trades could be brought up using these, offering them value to the player. The first that come to mind are clover exchanges, and maybe even some Mystic coin exchanges (though with SotO around the corner, I don't know what the MC market will look like). 

Really, anything that would make salvaging ascended armors and the like worth more the player's time than throwing them out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1