Did someone request beach wear? [Merged]

This reminds me of CE stuff. People think its pricey yet they cant resist to purchase them either cause "limited time only" or "dont wanna be left behind". 

But these items will rotate so if you wanna get em later you can.

As for their price.... well its a brand new state of the art combat armor. Ever heard of brand new state of the art combat armor at a 50% discount?

The Charr Council will consider purchasing this armor, reverse engineer it to see how it works, then rebuild it with various combat modules for maximum damage output.

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Haha 3

I almost made the mistake of buying the packs by themselves (after deciphering the confusion of what they actually are cuz no previews) cuz idc about the chair and makeover kit but the price makes it clear you're better off buying everything for 2800. Not that I wasn't going to buy all the skins all anyways, but you're either paying 3k for less of 2800 for everything.

(What's with the fedora though? Hasn't anyone at Anet heard of "One Piece?" Men can wear straw hats.)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Something that you can get without any out of pocket real money expenditure is predatory or too expensive? Zero dollars is too expensive now. Gotta laugh.

Edit: Selling cosmetics that you are not allowed to see until after you buy them (unless I am missing something) is a bit on the iffy side though.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

How do I preview them in the gemstore?

You cannot preview them in the gem store. I assume that's a mistake and will be fixed soon. In the meantime you can preview them at the bank.

1) Go to any bank and talk to one of the [Bank] NPCs to open the bank menu
2) Click on the 3rd icon on the left side of the window. It's called Wardrobe storage and looks like a wardrobe.
3) Find the skins - you can either scroll through the list or search for them, using the names below:

The Breezy Swim Pack includes:

• Breezy Swim Top (bikini)
  • Breezy Swim Bottoms (bikini)

The Tropical Beach Pack includes:

• Tropical Chest (Hawaiian shirt)
  • Tropical Legwear (sarong/trunks)
  • Beach Hat
  • Beach Bracelt
  • Beach Sandals
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Edit: Selling cosmetics that you are not allowed to see until after you buy them (unless I am missing something) is a bit on the iffy side though.

You can preview them from the bank wardrobe tab. Presumably it's a bug that you can't preview them from the gemstore itself, and hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

• Like 3

I'm surprised there's no way to buy the skins individually, I would have thought they'd sell more if players who don't want the whole set don't need to waste gems on skins they don't want.

But judging by the way the gold to gems price has jumped up a lot of people are still buying them, and of course there will be more who already had gems or used real money so they won't have affected the exchange rate.

(BTW if anyone is put off by the cost because of the exchange rate I strongly recommend waiting, it will drop before the packs are out of the gem store.)

My guess is either Anet wanted to test the frequent claims that some players would pay anything for swimwear, or there was some opposition within the company about adding it into the game and making it expensive was part of the compromise - so fewer players would get it.

37 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Something that you can get without any out of pocket real money expenditure is predatory or too expensive? Zero dollars is too expensive now. Gotta laugh.

Weren't you the one claiming Living World episodes have never been free because you had to 'spend time' to claim them?

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ylthan.1693 said:

No preview for the bathing suits is more annoying than the price to me to be honest as long as it will be like that i won't buy.

You'd have to go to any bank/crafting station to access wardrobe storage, you can preview them there.

Also, what is it with Anet and blatantly and lazily giving female charr the male attire? Why can't they just adjust it? Maybe I want my female charr to have the cute tied towel around the waist.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

I am one of them. Hi 🙋‍♀️

I anticipated that it will be around this price, so no surprise there 😄 Waited for years for these, thank you ANet ♡

I knew you were out there!!! 😜.  Seriously, I would think it would be expected, especially for a very first release of swimsuits.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

Just picture it, the most miserable Norn male you can imagine, in Speedos... And a unicorn horn of course!

4 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

The giant handlebar moustache 😂 

My friends, allow me to introduce you to my norn. I do not have the unicorn... YET... but I do have the speedo for when he wants underpants variety: https://64.media.tumblr.com/44f6ecd8e836b324a32074b273b6e26c/a47a2888ae6c85ec-9b/s2048x3072/bddd0fe25fc8b6ec4922197933c807f1669e8eca.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lyd de Fioraventi.8671 said:

Female charrs have male version and I'm sad about it.

I mean, considering that the alternative is THIS:

I am REALLY glad they got the "male version".

If people want their bra-cat joke character, they could have given everybody access to all the swimwear, regardless of gender (they did so with the butler/maid outfits).

Edited by Weindrasi.3805
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Weindrasi.3805 said:

I mean, considering that the alternative is THIS:

I am REALLY glad they got the "male version".

The trouble with that excuse is that female charr don't even have them visible on their models. It's only a problem if there's actual realism-- a fair number of chest/top gears exposes their chests because of the "male" variant and they're nonexistent. Take it from me whose characters are mostly female charr.  🙄

You're trying to excuse the realism that doesn't exist. Am just asking for an appropriate alteration, not copy-pasted from human body-shaped gear absurdly and apathetically stretched on charr where it clips into their bodies and with other gear half the time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3