Did someone request beach wear? [Merged]

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

On one hand: woo, roleplay and fashion wars options.

On the other hand: oh boy, bikini female meta armor incoming. Fashion aesthetics integrity at Asian MMO standards.

Which side of the fence do you stand on!?

That ship sailed so, so long ago.

Edit: I might have misread your comment, but still, my personal opinion is - it's tacky. I can't wait to fight through some life or death event with characters dressed for their holidays. Coming next, Bucket and Spade BLTC weapon skins.

Edited by babak.3654
Meh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, babak.3654 said:

That ship sailed so, so long ago.

Eh.

Aesthetics were being lost but it wasn't at Asian MMO standards yet since it all still made some degree of sense within the world of Tyria even if barely. And "ball of shiny" isn't quite the same thing as "beach gear armor and clown car mounts".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

21 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Eh.

Aesthetics were being lost but it wasn't at Asian MMO standards yet since it all still made some degree of sense within the world of Tyria even if barely. And "ball of shiny" isn't quite the same thing as "beach gear armor and clown car mounts".

Beach gear has existed in Tyria since at least the Secrets of Southsun release in 2013 (and didn't seem to be at all remarkable to the NPCs then), it's just not been available to players. No it's not intended for combat but neither is a chef's outfit, wedding dress or even the basic town clothes and those have all been options for years, as had fighting in your underwear (although that does put you at a disadvantage). There's also this, which apparently is armour, and doesn't cover much more than some of the swimsuits and has been in the game since day 1.

Personally I'd actually have prefered these to be outfits, because it's not something I'd choose for my characters to wear all the time, but I'd like to have the option to swap to it as and when it fits the situation and IMO that's exactly what outfits are for. But I know most players don't see it that way and always see outfits as an inferior choice to armour skins, even if it is more hassle to swap between them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

These are separate armor pieces--if you look over the different screenshots you can see some mix and match going on.

Beach Island themed expansion confirmed!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Wasn't caring about it til I saw the speedo.

More options is always good. Don't look at my character if you don't like it and let people be happy with their bikinis or their full armor looks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I am curious as to how this will be packaged and priced. Sold in sets or as individual pieces? I can imagine that part of the reason for not designing these as outfits is to be able to break them up and sell them as individual pieces where getting a complete swimsuit might cost more than an outfit while an individual piece would cost less.

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

On one hand: woo, roleplay and fashion wars options.

On the other hand: oh boy, bikini female meta armor incoming. Fashion aesthetics integrity at Asian MMO standards.

Which side of the fence do you stand on!?

I am on the Hawaiian style shirt in the loudest color combo side of the fence. Now to decide Norn or Charr is the tough question. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Beach Island themed expansion confirmed!!!

I'd settle for them bringing back the Southsun storyline from Season 1, so we can finally have the complete story in the game.

Also because it would be nice to finally play a functional version of the Lost Shores event without all the bugs, having to do story steps out of order due to bugs and the lag in the final fight.

• Like 3