Things that I would like in my Homestead, what would you like? [Merged]

Ever since Homesteads were announced I have been thinking of other games that I used to play and what their housing had that I miss. There are also things that those games didn't have that I would like.

The ability to craft cabinets, size depending on crafting level, that when placed in our home serve as added storage. You could place items there instead of in your bank.

Trophies from our adventures. For example: in one game there was a "raid" that could be done and if done successfully you had a chance to receive a trophy. It was the head of the dragon killed and you could hang it on your wall. We could get trophies for raids, fractals, strike missions, world bosses or achievements. They could be heads of bosses, paintings, statues.......

Asura gates. The ability to build Asura Gates to go to certain destinations. For example the 5 major cities, the main cities for each of the zones, the pvp lobby. Have a limit on the number of portals you can have though.

Bookshelves for all of the books that we collect.

This might sound silly but hey, why not, an Aquarium. We travel around and catch certain fish to place in it.

Crafting tables

That's all that I have for now, other than the things that I thought of that are already included.
What would you like to see?

• Like 11

I want:

• Guild representation.
    • Banners and flags for our currently represented guild.
    • A portal to visit our represented guild's hall as a guest.
  • WvW objects.
    • Walls, towers, and gates.
    • Functioning siege weapons.
  • Target dummies.
    • Healing targets.
    • DPS targets.
    • Siege weapon targets.
  • Musical objects for area specific soundtracks. This would be useful for creating certain atmospheres, like dance rooms.
    • Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra is an existing example from guild halls.
    • SAB boomboxes.
    • Metal Legion stereos.
    • Music boxes.
  • Dancing choyas.
  • Player placed waypoints.
Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

I would love to see:

• Main homestead building "skins" in the different building styles found across Tyria.
  • An Item that lets us "copy"  or "unlock" the blueprint of decorations found in the world. With Certain areas being locked behind events I think it would be fun/get more people completing these type of events if there was a "cool painting" or other type of decoration we could get the crafting recipes of by scanning them.
  • Bookshelves please!! I've had to resort to making an alt Character that just holds all my books. 🙏
  • Friends can visit even if we're not in the instance or online when given perms to do so.
  • Display Ranger Pets and Unlocked Minis
  • I know it was mentioned in this thread already but crafting tables.
  • Like 14

For starters I would have loved for the resources that went into housing to be spent on something else, like elite specs, story, the upcoming raid etc. But alas, housing it is.

Now since it is housing, most of the things I would "want" to see seems already there. "Want" doing lots of heavy lifting here since this feature just isn't for me. I am mostl concerned with aquisition. So please ANet, If it has to be housing let us aquire blueprints and materials ina fun way, i.e. by doing things O N C E instead of 50 times over. Let us craft a single chair with maybe three planks of wood and not 300. Things like that. Please have learnt from Guildhalls. I doubt it, because you have to pad te runtime somehow, but one can hope.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

11 hours ago, Stardust.3970 said:

I would love to see:

• Main homestead building "skins" in the different building styles found across Tyria.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got new homesteads as selling points of future expansions, similar to how every pre-SotO expac had a new Guild Hall to claim.

• Like 6

Oh, also. Please include the Amnoon tents you can walk into! Those would be a huge game changer for homesteads. Not everyone is going to be an amazing builder and having those in addition to the main homestead building would be so useful!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A way to make alt characters do different things in homesteads (they were dancing in the gameplay, maybe have different group options on what they could do like:

-dancing (what was shown)

-relaxing (some are sleeping, some are sitting)

-working (different kinds of animations)

-Idle (just hanging out)

Maybe even be able to talk to them a bit (take some few conversations that exist from other main character speeches perhaps)?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I want my Bloodstone Brick Oven to be there, freely available to all characters on my account.

I don't see any reason why I should have to train up every character to Chef Lv 425+ just to be able to see and use something that I already have.

If it was a public cooking station, any Lv1 character with no Chef training at all could see it, walk right up to it and access the bank/wardrobe.

However, if you spend a bunch of gold and materials to have your very own one at home, if your toon isn't a 425+ Chef then 🤬 you!

Please don't carry that incredibly stupid limitation into the new thing.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
grammar
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)

I forgot to mention something! Right now we lack foundation pieces. By foundation, I mean objects placed upon the terrain that we can place other objects upon. These types of pieces make it much easier to place other objects, such as fountains, as you can place down a big piece of stone/brick/dirt/etc. that goes deep into the ground and creates a flat surface. There are only a few objects that can do this without creating holes on the sides of the objects in the current Guild Hall system. Having ramps on the sides leading up the leveled surface would allow us to level out just about any rough terrain that we wish to build upon. All we would need to do is embed them into the ground.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

A library, maybe like the one in Istan.

If i was into fishing, three fishing pools with selectable types. Also, a pond/lake where you can see the fish i've caught, and the ability for other players to donate fish to swim around. This would also require a fishing npc.

A day/night cycle and weather, either on a rotation or randomised.

A lounge where we can use our chair skins.

A portal object like the one in guild halls. It would take you to LA and optionally use any portal tome you have (apart from gemstore hubs like mistlock, royal terrace, etc).

A vista viewer with 5(?) selectable vistas from all you have unlocked on your account.

That's it for now 🙂

• Like 7

I'm excited to see homesteading coming to GW2 and from the preview, it looks like there will be a lot of cool features! Will there be additional plots/homesteads that we can add to our account in the future? The new one looks great, but I would really love to have a place in Cantha, with that style of architecture and music, in a grove of bamboo. I would also love for the original player home instances to be customizable -- even if to a much more limited extend then the large homestead. I am attached to my sylvari home, the beautiful organic architecture, the NPCs that hang out, wishing me "Treesong go with you." ^_^

• Like 2

On 7/6/2024 at 1:29 PM, Balsa.3951 said:

Day and night time, different weather rain etc

oh and I saw we can make a statue of ourselves, would be cool if it comes with fashion inspect.

People really confused about your comment. Being able to control your weather or time setting and be able to inspect decorations would be a great feature.

Invisible chair? Invisible chair! To put on tree branch or anywhere whatever you like. Since it can resize, rotate and tilt. Move in and out of ground/props. Couldn't hurt to add more sitting poses for more... immersion.

Edited by MordekaiZeyo.7318
  • Like 7

I'd like a board that displays the event timer and copies the waypoint to clipboard so you can get this info without tabbing out.

The other things I'd thought of like pathing and things for our toons to make them seem more alive, have already been mentioned.

You know they should walk around and do stuff, have meetings or meals or something, much like a Minecraft villager only with better pathing (than minecraft has right now, it used to be good). And speak some of their phrases. I'll destroy you all! I could run faster than a centaur!  I did that!  Not sure how feasible it would be to add new ones: All things have a right to grow. [rambling about the eternal alchemy], other greetings and so on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3