So 5 min in a chair and you are in character select now?

3 minutes ago, Marxx.5021 said:

When you gather for tripple trouble there is waiting time like 30 min.

only if you are in combat in the chair

edit:

in open-world maps, the time remaining before a player who has not manually moved their character or performed any skill inputs is returned to character select is now reduced to 5 minutes if the player enters combat.

Edited by bq pd.2148
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It's to stop afk farming. But I do think this might be a bit much. It's not that unusual to be afk for a while, maybe waiting for an event, and potentially be put into combat if some mob shows up. It might kill you, or someone else kills it, but either way you didn't get any unwarranted rewards. You shouldn't lose your place on a map because of that. I would change this to start the 5 minute timer if you get a kill credit, rather than when you just enter combat.

• Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Marxx.5021 said:

When you gather for tripple trouble there is waiting time like 30 min.

Thought those times are long gone and it's more like 10-15 minutes, but I see where you're coming from. @bq pd.2148 already found the source for that behaviour, guess you'll just have to pay attention where you put your chair up 😉 Or just hail ye good ol' "time is money" mantra and do something actively while waiting, just to be save 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nash.2681 said:

Thought those times are long gone and it's more like 10-15 minutes, but I see where you're coming from. @bq pd.2148 already found the source for that behaviour, guess you'll just have to pay attention where you put your chair up 😉 Or just hail ye good ol' "time is money" mantra and do something actively while waiting, just to be save 😜

Nah its ok. Only in combat. There is daily tripple trouble still.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I just hope it doesn't affect those that are dead in instances where you cannot get up till the fight is over.

It shouldn,'t since as @bq pd.2148 quoted above, it only appllies to open world maps.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It sounds like other than the time limit it still works exactly the same way it always has, so if you're moving at all, using skills etc. you won't get timed out. All you need to do is push a button once every few minutes and you'll be fine.

It sounds like it's designed to stop AFK farming. I've heard Anet use software that can detect botting, and the easiest way to avoid that while being AFK is to not use it and do nothing, using passive means to get credit for kills and therefore loot. This stops people doing that for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

Sounds like this is gonna enjoy annoy legit players who had to step away for a bit and leave the bots unaffected. Yippee.

Only if they had to step away in the middle of a fight for more than five minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

Sounds like this is gonna enjoy annoy legit players who had to step away for a bit and leave the bots unaffected. Yippee.

only if you plan of stepping away, surrounded by mobs letting Engi turrets or Necro minions protect you, at which point you're an AFK farmer

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I'm not sure I understand how this is intended to work.

I waited at dredge commisar until he spawned, then just started to autoattack and immediately went afk - that would seem to satisfy the requirement. However 15 minutes later I'm still logged in and standing outside commisar's place. I was for sure in combat and as soon as commisar died, all activity on the character would end.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I just hope it doesn't affect those that are dead in instances where you cannot get up till the fight is over.

I'm kind of expecting it to work this way, but hoping that being 'defeated' no longer counts as 'in combat'.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

I'm not sure I understand how this is intended to work.

I waited at dredge commisar until he spawned, then just started to autoattack and immediately went afk - that would seem to satisfy the requirement. However 15 minutes later I'm still logged in and standing outside commisar's place. I was for sure in combat and as soon as commisar died, all activity on the character would end.

Probably need to not provide any input for 5 minutes and then enter combat. So if something aggroed on you after 5 -or 15- minutes you were gone, you should be kicked to the character select. Whether immediately or the countdown would start, I don't know.

9 minutes ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

I'm kind of expecting it to work this way, but hoping that being 'defeated' no longer counts as 'in combat'.

It's supposed to work only in open world anyways. That said, anet should target people "participating" in meta events by staying on the ground for x minutes too. I'm not even saying about kicking them, at least remove their participation so they don't get rewarded for not doing anything.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

If you're a legit player it's not a good idea to go AFK where you can be attacked, because you'll most likely come back to a dead character. AFK farmers make it work by having a build designed for being AFK, setting things up beforehand and picking places they know nothing will appear that can kill them before their turrets or whatever kill it.

If you know you're about to go AFK it's best to either find a safe spot or log out to character select, or both.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GODh.3892 said:

Is this update going to cause problems for people who wait for an event, worldboss, meta to start? Yes or no?

Wait for an event, worldboss or meta to start and tell us!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1