Hollywood steals art from Guild Wars 2

Last night (at least it was night wher I was, but that doesn't matter) James Cameron unveiled his new project: Avatar Fire and Ash. He presented new tribe ov Na'Vi and then showed some of the concept art made for new Avatar.

Not only it's animation looks similar to GW2 but I was shocked when I saw this.

https://imgur.com/FBEegHr

https://imgur.com/g8gHMuH

Pact ships?

Edited by swgs.6195
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8

At best they "stole" the idea (neither airships nor flying dinosaurs are something Anet invented), but they definitely did not steal art.

None of your linked images show GW2 artwork. Your accusation is just false.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I really get more Jules Verne and steampunk vibes, which are hardly unique to GW2, and depictions of what people thought things would look like in the future.  Flying dinosaur/dragon/reptile are part of human mythology and in sooooo many stories.   Me thinks you give too much credit to GW2 for its influence.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Yes!

Excellent.

Stealing good ideas and putting your own spin on them rather than trying to reinvent the wheel every time is how we get even better ideas (like laser gun greatswords).

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

There are a lot of strange things posted on the forums at the moment. Some are more entertaining than others, but none should be taken seriously. dftt

I take this matter seriously. Art stealing is real issue. Check drama with Star Wars and stolen art.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1