Could we get an anti condi sigil?

Wouldnt it be better to reduce the condi vomit on overperforming professions?

Otherwise solid idea, 20 second might be too long though since some elite skills like Head Butt, Spear of Archemorus and Heaven's Palm are on a 20 second cooldown or lower.

This would help melee power builds greatly across the board, feels like it would become a mandatory pick though.

• Confused 3

The low cost of condition damage is an underlying issue that no amount of cleanse will fix (other than just making condis useless altogether) - the very fact that every condi build is also a bunker or perma stealth with strong defensive utility is quite telling. You can dump everything into defensive stats with a sparkle of condis and still land kills from attrition alone - not to mention the ones that can even burst with condis, something that shouldn't have ever been a thing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Something to force condi bunkers to think more, before just dumping as many condis as possible as quickly as possible.

Sigil of the Ungodly

Damaging conditions are ineffective for 20s and reduce duration by 90% after using an elite

Purging, cleansing, generosity.

What condi bunker are you even worried about? Entire meta is comprised of ultra power damage right now. Condi sucks in this meta outside of Necromancer.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 6
  • Confused 7

I dont think you understand how condi bunkers work. They dont dump their conditions all at once without thinking. Condizerker is the only condi build that does this in my experience and maybe condi thief, i.e. they have bursty condi at intervals.

Most condi bunkers just output condies at a steady pace, eventually you run out of cleanses and die, if you've not managed to kill the condi build yet.

Its why the logic of "well just dodge the condi application ability" "argument" doesnt work - there is not some limited set of abilities to look out for (though you do have to dodge condi bomb abilities or you'll run out of cleanses immediately). You have to kite and avoid a shitton of things, to keep the condi vomit application manageable.

Talking from 1v1 perspective, obviously more players can pressure the condi bunker to go mostly defensive and then it cant just roll head over KB for max condi applications.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I dont think you understand how condi bunkers work. They dont dump their conditions all at once without thinking. Condizerker is the only condi build that does this in my experience and maybe condi thief, i.e. they have bursty condi at intervals.

Most condi bunkers just output condies at a steady pace, eventually you run out of cleanses and die, if you've not managed to kill the condi build yet.

Its why the logic of "well just dodge the condi application ability" "argument" doesnt work - there is not some limited set of abilities to look out for (though you do have to dodge condi bomb abilities or you'll run out of cleanses immediately). You have to kite and avoid a shitton of things, to keep the condi vomit application manageable.

Talking from 1v1 perspective, obviously more players can pressure the condi bunker to go mostly defensive and then it cant just roll head over KB for max condi applications.

I don't understand why people in this thread are suddenly forgetting how the game has worked since release:

1. There are different job roles: team fighter, support, roamer, side noder.
  2. If you're not a side noder, don't stay in 1v1s vs. side noders unless you know you can greatly outplay the side noder.
  3. Good side node vs good side node generally results in a stalemate unless someone is outplaying.

This works no differently now than it did in year 1. All the good side noders now are capable of forever 1v1ing each other and honestly very little condi is involved at all.

The only things in this patching that are even good with condi damage are Necros. Thieves & Mesmers using condi are all burst builds that lose to power burst, and they aren't even side noders. Those builds can't get modern bunkers off a side at all.

Modern side node builds tank condis. If a player is losing side node duels to random condi, this is likely an indication that they shouldn't be side noding with their build to begin with.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

pretty sure everyone's missing that this was made in response to the reveal relic thread by (presumably) a thief player lol

lol my bad. I figured that post would cause a bit of drama…but I didn’t think it would have caused this much. 

On 8/12/2024 at 9:01 AM, Shagie.7612 said:

pretty sure everyone's missing that this was made in response to the reveal relic thread by (presumably) a thief player lol

Rather than in response, this thread was made to showcase people's reaction when you "play with their toys", just another example of "It's ok to nerf/remove what I don't play or like to face". A successful social experiment

23 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Rather than in response, this thread was made to showcase people's reaction when you "play with their toys", just another example of "It's ok to nerf/remove what I don't play or like to face". A successful social experiment

Thing is there are options for every class to counter this stuff. But not every class has an option to take reveal. Should all classes not have an option to have the ability to counter something? I get the whole class identity thing(coming from WoW where it was lost), but I don’t feel giving 1 reveal option for classes that don’t have access to it removes that class identity.

GW2 has always been a game where you can be self reliant, why keep the ability to counter stealth for a few seconds from some classes. If the thief is good, this won’t be a large deal to them. They can still perma-stealth if they avoid it too, it’s not a guarantee the reveal will work.

I think your going a little extreme in response to the thread. 

• Like 2

condi needs an overhaul in general. in mmo condi is initially meant to be DoT. in gw2 is not. its same burst like power and just possible to be reapplied after the other side cleansed it.

enables silver 1 players to get until gold 1 just by pissing it. no skill no aim, condi main.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Condi bunker being terrible in this meta is pretty funny considering the number of condi harbs running around.  And the fact 'top 10 alts' were fighting with me in the other topic about some random dude getting into top 10 'testing' condition soulbeast builds.  Also, can run across random condi druids..in g3+....

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

The main problem with condi are the specs that churn out confusion/poison too easily, and those same specs churn out that condi with only 2 or 3 buttons max, ranger and thief for the most part at present, but warrior/mesmer have horrible condi builds also. The sustain on some condi builds is rediculous, but some power builds too, both playstyles are sustain crept to fk on Virt-Harb-SPB-Druid-Untamed. Reaper and Czerker also deserve a mention.

Anet have lost control of this kitten. Condi specs throwing out bombs that kill in power time frames, and high dmg power specs with condi level sustain. Those specs need brought back in line with traditional downsides. Either that, or just make sPVP celestial stats and be done with it.. this situation with a few specs crept, and the rest not is pretty boring now.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 2