Punch in the face for people who bought the madrinas coffee back then for the "exclusive" /sipcoffee emote ...

... lean from your mistakes and never ever buy anything from A-Net cooperations again.

I'm one of them and on one side, I'm happy for everyone, on the other side, I'm incredibly disappointed. Even spent an additional $25 on top of the $25 due to shipping (roleplayers needed this emote badly).
The thing that tastes very sour for me about this is the fact that they advertised it as exclusive, meaning the only way to get it is through buying that coffee. But seems like it was a lie.

Cheers.

Edited by Vetkin.6041
  • Like 5
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 39
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

... lean from your mistakes and never ever buy anything from A-Net cooperations again.

I'm one of them and on one side, I'm happy for everyone, on the other side, I'm incredibly disappointed. Even spent an additional $25 on top of the $25 due to shipping.

Cheers.

Did you/ do you get pleasure out of the item?  that's what counts, don't worry about what other people get, sales etc happen all the time.

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

This is why you should never hop onto the "I must have this NOW" train. at some point exclusives will get into the hands of more people.

I agree tho that it was a really expensive early access emote. especially for people outside of the US.

• Like 12

Oh please...It was a mistake to put this emote in a promo like this in the first place. And I already know lots of people who are extremely hyped to get it as a twitch drop because they couldn't afford it the old way due to living in EU or just being por or whatever. Can't you just be happy for others? This game didn't have a baseline /drink emote which in itself is baffling. It's good that more people will get access to it without having to pay ridiculous amounts of money for an emote. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

We knew it was "exclusive for now" not "exclusive forever". The same thing happened with the aurene statue + the cape. You got to enjoy your coffee for a few months before everyone else. Be happy your friends can join in now too 🙂

(And yes, I have the emote too)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

I'm one of them and on one side, I'm happy for everyone, on the other side, I'm incredibly disappointed. Even spent an additional $25 on top of the $25 due to shipping (roleplayers needed this emote badly).
The thing that tastes very sour for me about this is the fact that they advertised it as exclusive, meaning the only way to get it is through buying that coffee. But seems like it was a lie.

Cheers.

Oh come one, if you ever belief to have a exclusive forever I can't take you serious. Its the same with the aurene cape that was first part of the aurene statue and came later. Gw2 is very anti fomo so its weird that you think anet lied. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

Cheers.

I mean, you enjoyed the emote for what, over a year?
That time is not taken away. Your experience do not vanish just because there will be another way to get the emote a year+ later.

Just a suggestion, you could learn from it. You could learn to appreciate what you get instead of what other people do not get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Did the advertisement state the emote was exclusive? Looking at the product via the link on wiki the coffee mug itself seems to be limited addition but the emote is listed under bonus. Not sure what the advertising rules are for the country in which this item is sold but don't see where it clearly states that the emote is exclusive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Did the advertisement state the emote was exclusive? Looking at the product via the link on wiki the coffee mug itself seems to be limited addition but the emote is listed under bonus. Not sure what the advertising rules are for the country in which this item is sold but don't see where it clearly states that the emote is exclusive.

I can remember a post by I think a dev that the coffee will come later to the game as well. But I can't find it currently

• Like 3

Hm... my 2 cents.

Anet or the coffee brand didn't really deceive the people that "sealed the deal" back then i think.

In the case of such an unique Collaboration(coffee brand teams up with anet) Exclusivity would likely mean this special offer was only available at that coffee brand's store/website.

If it was present as a Limited Edition thing; then it would be a different situation.

Limited would mean something like = only X number of  this Unique Emote  have been printed as a Game code.

gone = gone.

This was not the case... it was presented as an Exclusive offer; so the possibility of it becoming available for everyone at a later point remained(in the background)

But since we are talking about a in game emote that was already embedded in everyone's game data, it's plausible to think Anet would do this anyway, so everyone can enjoy this cool emote in the end.

It is what it is. 

EDIT: after replying here it seemed hilarious to give the good old emote input a good spin.  ( /sipcoffee )

The response in game reads : "Unlocked via Marketing Promotion!" 

Could a twitch stream promoting a new expansion also be seen as "Marketing Promotion" or was that specific Phrasing designed for the Coffee store deal only?

(the "re-released" /Sipcoffee emote will be a reward for watching 8 hours of JW  live stream on August 20th)

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I always find it funny when people 'waaaah' about an item people can buy early, and it becomes free later. Hell, look at wow and the mounts/pets from their card packs from twitch drops.

I bought the coffee myself, but I'm happy it's free for my friends to now get. 😄

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

Cheers.

Oh kitten off with this "I'm better than you because I have an exclusive thing in a video game" nonsense that took no mastery over the game just being lucky to be in the right place at the right time or being able to purchase the stuff anyways.  It was exclusive at the time to a small subset of players.  Now it's not exclusive anymore.  Perhaps ANet learned from their mistakes about locking an emote behind a promotion t hat only a small portion of players could actually participate in and thus creating a black market for these keys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I had to get this one shortly after it was released so I can sip coffee with my characters, and even if I didn’t I’m glad it’s available to get some other way for anyone that wants it. 
I’m also glad I won’t have to stream anything for 8-10 hours😏

• Like 2

The title is a solid indication of someone who has never actually been, "punched in the face."

Any roleplayers who,  "needed," a sip coffee emote were not very good roleplayers.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

Cheers.

3 hours ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Did you/ do you get pleasure out of the item?  that's what counts, don't worry about what other people get, sales etc happen all the time.

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I mean, you enjoyed the emote for what, over a year?
That time is not taken away. Your experience do not vanish just because there will be another way to get the emote a year+ later.

Just a suggestion, you could learn from it. You could learn to appreciate what you get instead of what other people do not get.

Just about two decades ago I remember reading a brief newspaper article about the U.S. Navy accepting bids on a contract to develop software which would help them weaponize social media for propaganda purposes. By now, I'm sure corporations have long since acquired such software to go after their competitors. If the OP's comments are actually real, and not just something paid for by another game company, then I think both @Bladestrom.6425 and @kiroho.4738 had very appropriate, on key responses. 

4 hours ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

I'm happy for everyone

No you're not, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered with this thread.

4 hours ago, Vetkin.6041 said:

The thing that tastes very sour for me about this is the fact that they advertised it as exclusive

You wanted it to be a forever exclusive thing and that's ok, you can be honest about it, and it's ok to feel cheated out of your expensive exclusive thing.

You'll just have to find something else to impress everyone around you not paying attention to you anyway, maybe try to stack infusions or something.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2