cutting 10 man skills to 5! now going from 5 to 3..

1 hour ago, hunkamania.7561 said:

Just really not the way to go when it comes to balance in wvw..  Most of these types of games have no target cap but now this balance team thinks 3 man target cap is the future??  Soon all skills will be 1 at this rate

We live in hope.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Well.. no one said beep when they nerfed strips, nerfed cc, nerfed aoe damage, nerfed skill caps to 5, nerfed moa, nerfed siege, nerfed strips again and again... why would they stop at going down to 3 targets, it's closer to their goal if just running around in a giant 50 ball using low intensity of pressing 11111111 to run over everyone else.

Any guild gonna say anything? no, didn't think so. Any commander gonna say anything? no, didn't think so. We get what we kitten deserve with this "balance" team.

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mixes.7164 said:

Tell me you're not aware of the anet discord without telling me you're not aware of the anet discord 

I don't think you are suppose to talk about that discord as it is a private server.

Edited by ChrisWhitey.9076
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Holosmith was better than other DPS specs and groups were overwhelmingly running solely Holosmiths for main DPS role. It's similar to when Berserker was almost always the only DPS'er groups would run. When one specialization nigh exclusively fulfills a party slot that should have a variety of competitive options it gets targeted for a nerf. This nerf did not kill holosmith but balanced it out. Perhaps we will now see more groups running other DPS specs like Berserker Soulbeast Vindicator.

Celebrand being nerfed is probably a reaction to being able to combine too much damage with support. 1 Firebrand per party has pretty much always been mandatory since PoF launched and it seems like Arenanet wants FB to stay mosty support without having as much damage.

Edited by Soilder.3607
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

From a purely factual view, the logic for a long time is AoE = 5 targets and melee cleave = 3 targets.
But you're correct that there already were outliers, like Scourge Shades or Citadel Bombardment.

Yes, "most" melee attacks are a type of AoE limited to 2-3 targets.  Then there's melee cleave that has been in the game since launch that are 5 targets too like Cyclone Axe.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Area_of_effect

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1

On 8/21/2024 at 1:07 PM, Soilder.3607 said:

Celebrand being nerfed is probably a reaction to being able to combine too much damage with support. 1 Firebrand per party has pretty much always been mandatory since PoF launched and it seems like Arenanet wants FB to stay mosty support without having as much damage.

You are probably right about why it got nerfed, but who cares since Celestial is problematic elsewhere.  This low damage meta just plain sucks.  I'm mainly roaming in Celestial and running Minstril builds in large-scale.

• Like 1

They have consistently given large boonball zergs the <vigorous enthusiasm> lately. It won't change until the gamemode dies or the balance team gets <unhired>.

Something something, when the zerglings chased a smaller group on the beach, it only showed one set of footprints in the sand.

The zergling asked: "why am I alone?"

The answer was, CMC was carrying all 30 people. They were never alone.

I cri every tiem.

Edited by Lyralia.2945
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

It takes too long to kill everything right now and a larger group can play much, much worse and win due to sheer numbers. It needs to go back to more skill play oriented with counters, movement mattering more and people prioritizing targets. Its a mess now. I want there to be plenty of builds that excel when hitting lots of braindead, stacked targets that are pressing 1 to keep them on their toes because numbers shouldn't make people so safe.

I'm pretty sick of downing a bunch of people then watching people stare at it, do nothing to cleave or finish, then rally them by dying and cause me to have to back off and regroup all because they are fighting hand holdy balance.

Bombs don't hit like they used to. Its a death by a thousand cuts usually. I don't find it fun.

Edited by Lyralia.2945
  • Like 8

On 8/21/2024 at 1:37 AM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well.. no one said beep when they nerfed strips, nerfed cc, nerfed aoe damage, nerfed skill caps to 5, nerfed moa, nerfed siege, nerfed strips again and again... why would they stop at going down to 3 targets, it's closer to their goal if just running around in a giant 50 ball using low intensity of pressing 11111111 to run over everyone else.

Any guild gonna say anything? no, didn't think so. Any commander gonna say anything? no, didn't think so. We get what we kitten deserve with this "balance" team.

Not quite true there, I for one kitten about everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/21/2024 at 3:37 AM, hunkamania.7561 said:

Just really not the way to go when it comes to balance in wvw..  Most of these types of games have no target cap but now this balance team thinks 3 man target cap is the future??  Soon all skills will be 1 at this rate

Hopefully yes make less spam targets at ease and introduce a cooldown on CCs so people actually have to think before spamming CCs locking others down with boonstripiing the weak stability boon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 9:38 AM, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

I don't think you are suppose to talk about that discord as it is a private server.

They didn't punish me, clearly I am allowed to talk about it. Nothing that happens in there is private either 

• Thanks 1

skills should have zero limit on how many people it can hit... lets say you have a grenade... grenade only kills 1 person in the area or it can kill 20 people? think about it... but holy crap.. reducing a skill limit from 5 people to 3.... this game really is becoming more crappy

They should also remove the big projectile blocking domes and replace them for individual shields applied to 3-5 allies. Just like any other boon or AOE. Currently a single dome from a single caster can cover a whole zerg and can block or reflect an unlimited amount of damage for the duration of the dome. If they want to keep the domes to have something different than the individual shields that already exist, then they should at least treat the dome as a barrier with a duration but that can also be destroyed if enough damage is dealt to it.

• Like 5