Broadcast trolls' names who pull tactics

To prevent discourage losers from troll-pulling tactics (which I've seen THREE times in the past 15 minutes), make it so that the user's name is broadcast to map chat for all to see, eg. "LoserSpy.1234 pulled Healing Mist at Ascension Bay". Then allow us to report spies who use alts to troll tactics.

Yes, I know there is "no public tactic" thing. No one uses that cuz what guild is online all the time?

Edited by Spiral.3724
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Because there are no new people in WvW that mistakenly pull the tactics, no veteran that press their button a bit too soon in their hurry to get supply before running back out, no lag making you stand in weird places when you think you are in front of the supply, and it absolutely will do something to whoever's account name you just broadcasted. Like, I dunno, strike them with lightning.

Generic practices like this makes you the troll.

There are hardworking people out there checking that all the tactivators got oiled recently and work smoothly, but don't be an kitten to any random person who did a small mistake in their ignorance or hurry to get back to the gang.

Edit: And that's not even mentioning the people that sees all the tactivators are pulled and then throw out the name of whoever stood somewhat in their near vicinity on a warclaw being afk while sorting their inventory or getting a glass of water

Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Spiral.3724 said:

To prevent discourage losers from troll-pulling tactics (which I've seen THREE times in the past 15 minutes), make it so that the user's name is broadcast to map chat for all to see, eg. "LoserSpy.1234 pulled Healing Mist at Ascension Bay". Then allow us to report spies who use alts to troll tactics.

Yes, I know there is "no public tactic" thing. No one uses that cuz what guild is online all the time?

This wont stop novah

• Like 2

And then anet will have to spend time investigating the report to see if it's a legit troll attempt, or if it's a mass reporting troll attempt because the player is hated.

All of which anet does not care enough to spend resources on, this is a player issue, spying happens so deal with it, I'd rather they spend resources getting rid of actual hackers.

Honestly think the tactivators should be handled differently, either take it out of players hands completely, so no one gets to complain, and just do auto use based on objective or lord damage(hey guess what else works like this now), or make them only useable when the objective is under attack.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

only apply to emergency and invulnerable tactics, 2 steps to pull it. 
first step: are you sure you want to activate the emergency waypoint/invulnerable tactic
yes or no
if Yes , proceed to pull it with a countdown of 5 seconds. 

after pulling , big letters will be plastered on everyone's screen that says PLAYER ABC HAS CALL FOR HELP  with a reaction link to the emergency way point. 

if it is invulnerable that was pull, big letters will appear as such PLAYER ABC HAS ENGAGED THE INVULNERABLE TACTIC AT LOCATION, reaction link to the respective borderland's spawn waypoint (click to help) 

players who pull waypoint /tactics will not be able to move away from the tactic lever for 5 second after doing so.

2 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

there is one person who does that, if they are online. Haven't seen them for a long time. I wonder if they still play the game.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

2 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

In the Mag of old (and I imagine that of the current alliance) testing tactics is a time honoured and sacred tradition. You have to routinely test them, otherwise how could you be sure they’d work when you really need them.  It really seemed to bother the less patriotic members and linked servers (to much amusement). 

Were a new policy by Anet to be implemented where the civic minded hero’s name was announced to the team chat that they had in fact done their duty to alliance and team? I rather think they’d be showered in laurels and receive the grateful thanks of their server. 

I fully support this. 

tl;dr that might not work out like the op thinks it would (and historically hasn’t, at all). 

• Haha 1

What we need is a functional permissions system. And no what exists does not count.

I heard there were these things about alliances. Imagine if you could make it so that only alliance members could pull tactivators. And maybe throw in a whitelist/blacklist to include people passing by the links. Of course, social features like these are just a foreign thing in gw2.

Or maybe there could be an option to block people below a certain rank; would shut down those spy accounts pretty easily, except the true no lifers that would actually level an alt. That'd also prevent new players from accidentally pressing it.

Or they could actually ban people for constant and repeated trolling, but they can't even ban people for hacking so that's a pipe dream.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

What we need is a functional permissions system. And no what exists does not count.

I heard there were these things about alliances. Imagine if you could make it so that only alliance members could pull tactivators. And maybe throw in a whitelist/blacklist to include people passing by the links. Of course, social features like these are just a foreign thing in gw2.

Or maybe there could be an option to block people below a certain rank; would shut down those spy accounts pretty easily, except the true no lifers that would actually level an alt. That'd also prevent new players from accidentally pressing it.

Or they could actually ban people for constant and repeated trolling, but they can't even ban people for hacking so that's a pipe dream.

Or make tactivators reactive to the state of the objective instead of passive. 

As an example for EWP in somewhat imaginary terms: Make a new type of "elite guard" with multiple patrols inside the objective. These guards and the lord can ping they are under attack and "unlock" tactivator use.

So you couldnt even be able to pop EWP unless the enemy at the very least has breached outer for a keep.

Problem of trolls solved. I mean sure they could still pop EWP when you have a 50 man zerg and there are 5 people attacking the keep, but lets face it - that's probably not even a troll that's just a common moron because it happens normally.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

These guards and the lord can ping they are under attack and "unlock" tactivator use.

Or make tactivators only available when an objective is under siege (aka it has crosses). It’s easier.

at least for stuff like dragonbanner / ewp etc. the supply drop could be pulled whenever.

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Or make tactivators reactive to the state of the objective instead of passive. 

As an example for EWP in somewhat imaginary terms: Make a new type of "elite guard" with multiple patrols inside the objective. These guards and the lord can ping they are under attack and "unlock" tactivator use.

So you couldnt even be able to pop EWP unless the enemy at the very least has breached outer for a keep.

Yea. I suppose the tacts as of now rely too much on player judgement or lack of , and that was not the best idea. Like why can you pull supply drop if it's full? (Can you?)

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Problem of trolls solved. I mean sure they could still pop EWP when you have a 50 man zerg and there are 5 people attacking the keep, but lets face it - that's probably not even a troll that's just a common moron because it happens normally.

Same effect really.

I think anything that prevents troll/stupid pulls in the first place  are good and not every troll is smart enough to figure it out.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 10:17 PM, One more for the road.8950 said:

Because there are no new people in WvW that mistakenly pull the tactics, no veteran that press their button a bit too soon in their hurry to get supply before running back out, no lag making you stand in weird places when you think you are in front of the supply, and it absolutely will do something to whoever's account name you just broadcasted. Like, I dunno, strike them with lightning.

Generic practices like this makes you the troll.

There are hardworking people out there checking that all the tactivators got oiled recently and work smoothly, but don't be an kitten to any random person who did a small mistake in their ignorance or hurry to get back to the gang.

Edit: And that's not even mentioning the people that sees all the tactivators are pulled and then throw out the name of whoever stood somewhat in their near vicinity on a warclaw being afk while sorting their inventory or getting a glass of water

I am one of them who checks tactivators, call out if they are wrong and aske to change, pulling ewp and so on. If my name gets called out because i pulled it should that not be a good thing? I dont see how you suffer because your name is called out. If it is a good pull everybody know you did a good job. So why is this a issue?

Only issue i do see is if someone pulls it and do not know what it is. That person will be told what it is and next time he/she wont pull it unless it is needed. So now we have the trolls left. They will be called out all the time because we can now see who is frequently doing it. And if it is so frequent we can show it to Arena Net and maybe finally this can be dealt with.

On 8/31/2024 at 1:57 PM, Spiral.3724 said:

Nothing is going to discourage them.  Not only do they not care, Anet does not care.  If you want something to have tactics, try and claim it and set it to guild only otherwise just forget about it.  Nowadays structures rarely have tactics on them anyway because it's not worth using them on anything.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

A qol change I'd like to see on one tactic..... auto link ewp in team chat when it's pulled.

For EWP, add a confirmation to the pull to double check it wasn't a mis click and then then link the EWP access points in map chat. Agree. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 8:57 PM, Spiral.3724 said:

Because the accounts you would see wouldn't be LoserSpy.1234 it would be NewAndDontKnowBetter.7456 or AltyMcAltFace.6969 / BurnerAccount.9001.

So we can see who pulled the tactic, big whoop, what are you going to do now? You can't stop them, all you can do is shame them, which is only detrimental to a new player. Anyone who actually cares enough to spy and troll is going to love the notoriety or switch to a different alt.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

I would 100% keep pulling tacts to broadcast my name!

Yes, yes you would lol. Hi I am 'x' and an kitten glad to know you!

Hope your sorts have been fun. Been showing bad habits to others and how to make messes. So far, interesting vacation creating havoc around and about. Ran into Fin this round, they are still getting Xeph and Ben killed at times. Good hunting lol!

3 hours ago, Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Ha, yeah right. Thet won't threaten or solve anything since nothing would get done

If you believe this, send me some screenshots / videos of you trolling tactics and I'll see if I can get you banned.

• Confused 1

On 9/1/2024 at 12:53 AM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I like this compromise. I think Silver+ is probably a good cutoff.

If/when rewards for winning get added, tact trolling is going to be way more of a thing. There are so many alt accounts out there, and people will do that way more if it matters. That, and glitching into keeps.

The other one to be aware of is just being logged in on alts taking up queue space, but I don't know a good solution to that one except better idle detection.

• Like 1