Pale Branch spear should not be a PVE only item, put it in WvW reward track

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's a massive condemnation of that meta, tbh.

It's just what people call "truth". They opted to make a crappy super boring grindy fight. So it needs reasons (rewards) to do it. More t han other fun fights/metas would need it. But this one basically has close to zero - besides that skin. No real achievements for grinding it. (A x/100 one for a mastery point or so.) And the heroic chest hast stuff that is not worth a lot.

The only good thing is that they at least tried to split people. This was a suggestion I made often. Having like the full zerg at one boss ... makes it cluttered. But honestly I'd prefer Soo-Won over bosses with a too boring mechanic like those two in Syntri.

• Confused 2

On 9/3/2024 at 10:33 AM, Kinurak.5307 said:

IF a mode needs motivation to play it, its poorly designed. if people enjoy the type of content, they'll gravitate to it. i play pvp and wvw but do i enjoy it? absolutely not. if i were in charge of Anet, i'd cut those darn modes from the game.

Does that mean that you want PvE cut from the game because it offers more motivation to play in the form of extrinsic rewards than do either WvW or PvP?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Does that mean that you want PvE cut from the game because it offers more motivation to play in the form of extrinsic rewards than do either WvW or PvP?

Nah, i'd cut pvp and wvw. Focus on the thing gw2 does best imo. But since i cant, i offer the idea of making all rewards available in all modes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Nah, i'd cut pvp and wvw. Focus on the thing gw2 does best imo. But since i cant, i offer the idea of making all rewards available in all modes.

And again, this is all a SUBJECTIVE argument. From a SUBJECTIVE opinion, I think WvW was made as the nigh perfect mode. Incredibly consistently fun, because no matter what time of the day, there’s different ways for me to feel like I’m both having fun and contributing to my teams score, while still getting rewards that I’m happy with. And I do also love PvE, but have found it to be far more inconsistent, SUBJECTIVELY- I KNOW I’m in the minority of this, but I found HoT to be ‘meh’, PoF and season 4 to be wonderful (as a stand-alone, in the context of GW1 that I loved, Balthazar’s choices were… disappointing), IBS to be wildly inconsistent, EoD to bring forth good legendaries but little else, SotO to be a step up, and so far, JaW to be decent. Which is again, from an individuals opinion, less consistently fun than WvW, which found its niche and rocked it, so hasn’t had to change much since launch

and should my subjective opinion then make it so all resources from now on go to WvW exclusively?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 9/3/2024 at 12:33 PM, Kinurak.5307 said:

IF a mode needs motivation to play it, its poorly designed. if people enjoy the type of content, they'll gravitate to it. i play pvp and wvw but do i enjoy it? absolutely not. if i were in charge of Anet, i'd cut those darn modes from the game.

Aight, let's remove all rewards from PvE, since that's 'motivation to play it.'

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

PvE is not fun at all only wvw and spvp is fun in this game. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

On 9/4/2024 at 4:46 PM, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Can't you just as easily flip this argument and say that the other group is fueled by greed and entitlement?

On 9/4/2024 at 7:41 PM, genjonah.1253 said:

Exactly. So many of the threads on this entire site boil down to ‘waaaaaaaah, I don’t wanna do WvW cuz I’m not good at it so I’ll say it’s boring’

Access to an item in all game modes given the same time-effort cost is not greed nor entitlement.  Insisting on an item being a positional good is, by definition, a desire to own an item that no one else can.  Positional goods, in real life, are mostly seen in the highest income brackets, where the value of money has lost meaning and value is, instead, predicated on owning things others cannot.

Limiting an item to a single game mode is creating a positional good in the MMO) economy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Access to an item in all game modes given the same time-effort cost is not greed nor entitlement.  Insisting on an item being a positional good is, by definition, a desire to own an item that no one else can.  Positional goods, in real life, are mostly seen in the highest income brackets, where the value of money has lost meaning and value is, instead, predicated on owning things others cannot.

Limiting an item to a single game mode is creating a positional good in the MMO) economy.

but everyone can literally own these items (as long as you own the expansion), there is no skill, gear nor cost gate.

its time. Go into wvw and and flip a camp every 10 mins and you'll get the items, its open to everyone. the same access is for everyone, you have no less access to it than I do, you just choose to not obtain it.

Whether you enjoy that or not is irrelevant, thats subjective and up to you.

There is plenty of stuff in game that i dont get because I either dont do the content (raids) or i dont enjoy the content so choose not to do it. thats not me being denied something, thats me choosing not to spend my game time on doing it.

if you are saying that all gear should be available to everyone by doing only stuff people enjoy doing, then you better start giving out legendaries to people who just stand around in divinities reach showing off their fashion.....

Edited by Cameirus.8407
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Aaaaand what’s wrong with that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/3/2024 at 7:36 PM, yoni.7015 said:

Not the mode, the players. I started playing WvW because I needed the gift of battle and now I spend most of the time there.

I stopped playing GW2 for almost a year because I needed to do WvW (for those GoBs as I have everything else for my legendaries long done)

So, what are you saying, that everybody should be like you?  Why don't WvW'ers ever understand that forcing people to play their mode isn't a guarantee that people will like that mode?  Yes, there will be people who went there for the first time who will find out they like it. And yes, there will also be people who went there for the first time and decided they loathed it. And everybody in between.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

14 hours ago, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

I stopped playing GW2 for almost a year because I needed to do WvW (for those GoBs as I have everything else for my legendaries long done)

So, what are you saying, that everybody should be like you?  Why don't WvW'ers ever understand that forcing people to play their mode isn't a guarantee that people will like that mode?  Yes, there will be people who went there for the first time who will find out they like it. And yes, there will also be people who went there for the first time and decided they loathed it. And everybody in between.

You are forced to play wvw to unlock some stuff, the same way wvw is forced to play pve to unlock masteries.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

You are forced to play wvw to unlock some stuff, the same way wvw is forced to play pve to unlock masteries.

Well one could argue that you DONT need masteries in WvW and PvP. so to take a phrase from these forums: "No-one is forcing you to get these things"

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

So noone is forced glad we got that sorted out.

No one's forced to play the game, period.  Full stop.  They don't want you to know this, but can quit at any time.  It's free.  I've quit 47 times now. This is not what people are talking about.
Your argument is disingenuous.  People don't want to have to play a specific game mode to unlock rewards that would normally be seen as PvE rewards, especially when it's behind a 4 hour mandatory attendance for one piece of the armor set (There are 18 armor pieces) at the cost of any other reward they may want (Gift of battle) for reward track rewards that are worse than what they normally get.  If this w ere the triumphant, warlord, glorious, or other armor/weapon sets, things designed for their respective game modes first that also came out in updates for those game modes, then you'd have a leg to stand on.  As it is right now, the grind is disproportionate to the reward.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

How about if PvE also gets reward tracks?

Then everyone can play what they want and then it shows which content is played for fun and which was just work.

To unlock the reward tracks of other modes, you have to visit that other mode. In this way, every player comes into contact with everything GW2 has to offer.
Raids, metas, fractals, PvP and WvW.

One unlock track per mode is enough to introduce you to it.

As for the spearskin it'd mean that its track gets unlocked by doing the meta once.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Tula.6021 said:

How about if PvE also gets reward tracks?

Then everyone can play what they want and then it shows which content is played for fun and which was just work.

To unlock the reward tracks of other modes, you have to visit that other mode. In this way, every player comes into contact with everything GW2 has to offer.
Raids, metas, fractals, PvP and WvW.

One unlock track per mode is enough to introduce you to it.

As for the spearskin it'd mean that its track gets unlocked by doing the meta once.

Reward tracks already exist in PvE with map rewards.  They're just invisible.  Personally I'd rather PvE get a collection achievement that takes time to complete akin to the wayfarer's henge.  Leave WvW & PvP as the "Faster if you play the mode"  methods to acquisition (Much like how dungeon armor and weapons became a lot easier with dungeon reward tracks in wvw/pvp) and I'd say you have the fairest and most consistent compromise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/7/2024 at 2:07 AM, LadyRhonwyn.2501 said:

We saw this when the warclaw was opened to PvE players.  Many flocked to WvW just to obtain it.  There were plenty of complaints from the WvW crowd about PvE players coming into their format and not "playing" it as well as many posts where people despised having to go to WvW and simply did so to get the warclaw and then we're out.  I'm not sure how much change to the WvW population that made, but I'd imagine that those who don't like WvW didn't stick around after getting the warclaw.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/8/2024 at 12:41 AM, Linken.6345 said:

So noone is forced glad we got that sorted out.

Noone is forced to play PvE for masteries, yes. Because if you have some use of masteries, you are already playing the mode they are used for.

That does not mean that there are not other cases where someone is forced to play mode X in order to get reward they will be enoying in mode Y (but not mode X, which they never intended or wanted to play in the first place).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2