The Verdict is in: Restructuring sucks

My earlier hypothesis that Restructuring would be bad because it only gives you ONE anchor point and all other guilds and connections would cycle away like shifting sand has been proven CORRECT.

Sometimes I like to run with my primary guild. But another 50% of my time is roaming. I love the connections I make roaming, I want them to be my friends. But ArenaNet has guaranteed that all of those relationships can only be passing, fleeting, insubstantial encounters rather than connections. They have largely invalidated Guild Slots 2-6 except as a temporary way to communicate with people who will soon leave you. Worst of all, the only BENEFIT of Restructuring is that the Balance for those organized AvA zergs MIGHT be SLIGHTLY better.

Opponents ALREADY cycled away. The only benefit of Restructuring is that the opposition might SOMETIMES be better balanced.

It's BAD. REVERT IT!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 19

Server pride player myself.

That said you can still make those connections. Testing this while floating in the WR. If anything it makes for some fun cross server whispers. Are you on that side this time? Are you trying to take my stuff? Did I just throw you off that wall? Do you mind if I use your tail as a scarf? 

No you can still make connections and they can last outside of the sort. If anything I would say use the 4 week sorts to make more connections. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 11

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

The week that had the wvw rush bonus? 🤔

That's clearly a coincidence.

Nothing enticed people like 2 practically free gifts of battle or anything...And if you believe Anet WvW is more popular than their other modes so it must be true that everything is fine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

The week that had the wvw rush bonus? 🤔

Those poor PvErs just dying and killing by millions for a GoB, as if they are trying to do something in WvW.

It was also the week that released Throne and Liberty but nothing can apparently stop the WvW rush. Yes, I also blaim coffe.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5

13 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Server pride player myself.

That said you can still make those connections. Testing this while floating in the WR. If anything it makes for some fun cross server whispers. Are you on that side this time? Are you trying to take my stuff? Did I just throw you off that wall? Do you mind if I use your tail as a scarf? 

No you can still make connections and they can last outside of the sort. If anything I would say use the 4 week sorts to make more connections. 

Wow sorry confused peeps.  I am in a tiny guild, am a fan of server pride. I fight for my server pre-WR.

Post WR I still try and keep my side up, will fight to win. I just won't try as many 1 v 6s when in a group post WR. When pugmanding will divide the times of chill versus non-chill. There are times to live and times to die. Re-meeting players over sorts, they get this on various sides. Makes for some fun fights and fun counter whispers lol.  

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It was also the week that released Throne and Liberty but nothing can apparently stop the WvW rush.

Not sure if you're trolling or not but with Throne of Liberty being a PvP oriented game, it doesn't exactly look like a life changing success.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

Restructuring is not good at all and should get reverted.

It gives guild leaders way to much power.

It gives them no power that they didn't already have. If they boot you, move on and find another guild.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Those poor PvErs just dying and killing by millions for a GoB, as if they are trying to do something in WvW.

It was also the week that released Throne and Liberty but nothing can apparently stop the WvW rush. Yes, I also blaim coffe.

It is just a coincidence that queues magically disappeared the moment the rush event ended. Also T&L properly (for the non- or not-yet whales) only released last week.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

It is just a coincidence that queues magically disappeared the moment the rush event ended. Also T&L properly (for the non- or not-yet whales) only released last week.

Yes I’m sure it’s a coincidence that queues go down on a Tuesday when around 70% of a weeks WvW activity occur over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Actually the queues persist on my world and looks like also on worlds we're against (we're trying to setup new comp test with enemy teams before the patch).

Of course this is a limited pov but we can always check the numbers at the end.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I think first you lose your communitee after 10 years of playing with servers.  And secondly squads have become nearly the only way of playing in wvw.   

The boon blob meta is ridiculous it greatly supports huge organized squads over everything else specially since you remove and altered long range boon stripping and aoes are a lot smaller.   A huge well organized squaded didn't need the extra help I think that was you guys trying to force ppl into playing them. 

By doing so it has made this game mode flat and one dimensional when before it was fun and diverse.  Please give us back some of the stuff you took away from us.  Guilds are not capable of managing ppl, they never were.  The first couple of years of wvw after the honey moon period was horrible due to huge guilds ruling everyone else and how you played. If you didn't match their concept you didn't get to play.   It soon dwindled into no one playing because the huge guilds tired of the game mode and no one was there to take their place. The game mode eventually recovered with out the mega guilds.  It became fun for even new player unless you were fighting MAG.  They were allowed to reign for years with out a throttle so most didn't come in to play with them.  This was more distructive to the game and all the rest. 

My first week in alliances I was bugged, I first needed to be placed in with the guild I chose and then couldn't chat in alliance till nearly one week before the second switch up only to find the alliance had imploded due to in fighting.  Totally ridiculous.  Take control of your game put ppl in alliance and stop them from controlling everything.  Bring back a more diverse game play.  Clouds and smaller squads need to be able to remove boons from large organized squads because only a few have huge organized guilds at certain times of the day so they automatically win.  It seems like fewer and fewer are playing on off times.   The meta is destroying the game. 

I've been in 4 alliances now because the bug keeps detaching from my wvw guild so I gave up requesting to join my guilds.

Fix it so guardians and select classes are not needed over everyone else. No squads should need a FB in every 5 man group in side the squad.  Fix builds that are out of balance with evey one else.  How long are you going to let willbenders and deadeyes play the way they do??? This also is harming the game.  If you can't or don't have time to fix them NERF THE HELL OUT OF THEM.   Then fix then when you can. 

The most fun was with Mosswood because they just come out to fight.  Most squads I ran with didn't use discord and everyone seems to be use to not needing a commander to lead them by the nose on how to fight.  We followed the tags but only as a reference point of where we were organizing.   I think this should be the model not what your meta'ing now.  Guilds can be utterly toxic.  

Edited by Yngvi.3452
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Yngvi.3452 said:

I've been in 4 alliances now because the bug keeps detaching from my wvw guild.  The most fun was with Mosswood because they just come out to fight.  Most don't use discord and everyone seems to be use to not needing a commander to lead them by the nose on how to fight.  I think this should be the model not what your meta'ing now.

Going out on a limb here... do you mean four different teams? A guild or alliance guild doesn't "belong" to a team (like Mosswood), it will change every reshuffle, and you'll meet new people. Alliances is a feature that hasn't been implemented, we only have world restructure with teams and the DIY alliance guilds that players themselves made already before the first beta (which is why we now have a sixth guild slot).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/6/2024 at 3:03 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Given the very high activity last week WvWers seem to disagree with you on the verdict.

Either that or they have a fetish for WvW despite it sucking.

Hard to count last week though cause it was inundated with rush folks just getting GoB until the next one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Going out on a limb here... do you mean four different teams? A guild or alliance guild doesn't "belong" to a team (like Mosswood), it will change every reshuffle, and you'll meet new people. Alliances is a feature that hasn't been implemented, we only have world restructure with teams and the DIY alliance guilds that players themselves made already before the first beta (which is why we now have a sixth guild slot).

we have change 3 or 4 times as I understood it, guilds banded together under one guild so that when the change happened the different guilds would still be in the same "alliance".   So just before the change occured you would make sure your wvw guild was the "alliance" guild.  I know its not termed that but thats how I understood it to work.  Our guild would say make sure your wvw guild is blah blah blah so not only did we ended up with our fellow guildies but also the guilds we were fighting with..   

In my case every time even though I had set the guild wvw well in advance I would end up in a totally different "alliance".  first few times I put in a request to join my guild but then I would be locked out of the "alliance" chat really harmed my ability to work with them.   ie: We would be running in a big squad and in alliance they would say in discord push x if your a healer so they could put you in the proper subgroup; or push x if your in discord....  not able to x chat  I would either be placed in group one with all the non discord or nonmeta build ppl.  If I was allowed to join at all.  I made a meta build for every character I own so that I could join a squad and be "useful" but if I can't answer them then it was rather pointless. 

I know everyone is trying there best to make this work but you have to figure out what everyone  wants not just the huge organized guilds.  Stop just relying on just them for input.  On some alliances/servers there is  less and less on, some only come in on fridays and their whole objective is to fight other players nothing else.  Which has its place but the game is more than that least it use to be.  

I'm finding no one is on any other maps but ebg except for peak times and then they are there for two hours or less.  Guilds are getting more and more toxic.  There is nothing wrong with pugs.  Even in real life a crucial part of a army is the independents that come just to help out.   They don't want to devote their entire time on line following some dude about.   

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Yngvi.3452 said:

we have change 3 or 4 times as I understood it, guilds banded together under one guild so that when the change happened the different guilds would still be in the same "alliance".   So just before the change occured you would make sure your wvw guild was the "alliance" guild.  I know its not termed that but thats how I understood it to work.  Our guild would say make sure your wvw guild is blah blah blah so not only did we ended up with our fellow guildies but also the guilds we were fighting with..   

In my case every time even though I had set the guild wvw well in advance I would end up in a totally different "alliance".  first few times I put in a request to join my guild but then I would be locked out of the "alliance" chat really harmed my ability to work with them.   ie: We would be running in a big squad and in alliance they would say in discord push x if your a healer so they could put you in the proper subgroup; or push x if your in discord....  not able to x chat  I would either be placed in group one with all the non discord or nonmeta build ppl.  If I was allowed to join at all.  I made a meta build for every character I own so that I could join a squad and be "useful" but if I can't answer them then it was rather pointless. 

I know everyone is trying there best to make this work but you have to figure out what everyone  wants not just the huge organized guilds.  Stop just relying on just them for input.  On some alliances/servers there is  less and less on, some only come in on fridays and their whole objective is to fight other players nothing else.  Which has its place but the game is more than that least it use to be.  

I'm finding no one is on any other maps but ebg except for peak times and then they are there for two hours or less.  Guilds are getting more and more toxic.  There is nothing wrong with pugs.  Even in real life a crucial part of a army is the independents that come just to help out.   They don't want to devote their entire time on line following some dude about.   

A team will be made of several guilds, including sometimes several alliance guilds, a team is much larger than just one alliance guild. So you would have other guilds with you that were not a part of your alliance, coming from other "old" servers or your own.

When you look at your guild panel, do you have a little tower next to the guild or alliance guild you are supposed to be with?

There is no "alliance chat". If you aren't seeing the guild chat of a larger alliance guild you either need to check your chat settings to see if you have all guild chats ticked as being shown or check if you are still a member of the guild or alliance guild. Asking in voice if you are a certain role and to type x is usually done in squad or say chat, as not everyone will necessarily be in the guild if it's an open tag (which it sounds like if they are asking who are on voice).

• Confused 1

So this guy is trying to say, anything organized is being toxic and too exclusive?

I've just spent the evening in a 24 player squad with a queued map, against two map blobs, while our pugs just stood on the walls around bay while we tried to defend it, or they just really barely clouded around the tag.

Another two tags on EBG, again mindlessly ran around on there, one leading on a power soulbeast, so if they didn't back cap objectives, they would just get wiped and chased away.

We even advertised our squad and our discord, but looking around, most of those clouding around wouldn't be useful against anything organized.

It's just making sure your squad comp, isn't compromised of roaming classes and specs, so you can farm kills and bags, rather than be farmed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3