Why no Ascended Runes and Sigils yet?

Swagger.1459

@medivh.4725 said:I too have come to notice runes are at level 60? So where the level 80 ones at and why no ascended runes? I am sure this helps make the GW2 market busy and keeps end game players interested and coming back for more. You can have such rewards at certain boss fights or chest. Legendary rune sound fun too

So on what page did you find this thread mate?

@"Swagger.1459" said:All this ascended and legendary stuff has been added, so I'm confused as to why runes and sigils have been stuck at the exotic level?

This game has long limited content by claiming that "power creep" is bad in some way. This means they dont have to pay for any of the costs associated with designing and implementing such improvements, nor the content that would require.

• Confused 1

@Spook.5847 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:All this ascended and legendary stuff has been added, so I'm confused as to why runes and sigils have been stuck at the exotic level?

This game has long limited content by claiming that "power creep" is bad in some way. This means they dont have to pay for any of the costs associated with designing and implementing such improvements, nor the content that would require.

Bigger numbers are not an improvement.

@medivh.4725 said:I too have come to notice runes are at level 60? So where the level 80 ones at and why no ascended runes? I am sure this helps make the GW2 market busy and keeps end game players interested and coming back for more. You can have such rewards at certain boss fights or chest. Legendary rune sound fun too

Are the legendary runes and sigils level 80?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:This gives me an idea for a suggestion.... legendary runes and sigil!!! where you can change its stat to anything!

Anet make this happen!!!!!!

Yes!!!

And now you're stuck in legendary hell with ANet's version of equipment "templates" (cough cough).

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Are the legendary runes and sigils level 80?

Yes, they are. What other level would they be?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:This gives me an idea for a suggestion.... legendary runes and sigil!!! where you can change its stat to anything!

Anet make this happen!!!!!!

Yes!!!

And now you're stuck in legendary hell with ANet's version of equipment "templates" (
cough cough
).

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Are the legendary runes and sigils level 80?

Yes, they are. What other level would they be?

maybe 60 since they are identical to those runes?

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:Are the legendary runes and sigils level 80?Yes, they are. What other level would they be?maybe 60 since they are identical to those runes?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Runehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Sigil

"Required level: 80" (like all ascended and legendary equipment)

Responding just to clarify something to the new necro poster (even though the part i am responding to is 2 years old, and that poster is unlikely to read it at this point

@Orpheal.8263 said:Runes follow exactly the same tier system, as like all other equipment, so its just logical, that also upgrades should have in their final form ascended quality versionsNo. Runes and Sigils do not follow the same tier system as all other equipment.

Gear is divided in Basic, Fine, Masterwork, Rare, Exotic, Ascended and Legendary (with legendary not offering any stat advantage over previous tier). There's also a Junk tier at the very bottom, but there's no gear i know of at this tier (it's only for junk, after all).Sigils and Runes however are divided into Minor, Major, Superior, and now also Legendary (again, with Legendary not being a stat upgrade). As we all can see, it follows a completely different path of progression than the gear, so there's no reason why we should be looking at gear progression and extrapolate things for runes/sigils from it.

people putting legendary runes/sigils in legendary gear/weapons are strange.i'll tell you why, to me, it makes no sense at all:

-legendary armor/weapon can statswat at any time, right?-legendary armor/weapon can have their upgrades freely extracted.

so why put legendary sigil/armor in there???

it makes alot more sense to use legendary sigil/rune with ascended gearagain, i'll tell you why:

-legendary runes/sigil can be freely extracted from ascended gear at any given time

basically you made the ascended "legendary" (minus the obvious stat swap) by giving it one of it's key abilities: changing rune/sigil

@"melandru.3876" said:people putting legendary runes/sigils in legendary gear/weapons are strange.i'll tell you why, to me, it makes no sense at all:

-legendary armor/weapon can statswat at any time, right?-legendary armor/weapon can have their upgrades freely extracted.

it makes alot more sense to use legendary sigil/rune with ascended gearagain, i'll tell you why:

-legendary runes/sigil can be freely extracted from ascended gear at any given time

basically you made the ascended "legendary" (minus the obvious stat swap) by giving it one of it's key abilities: changing rune/sigil

convenience and lazyness.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"melandru.3876" said:people putting legendary runes/sigils in legendary gear/weapons are strange.i'll tell you why, to me, it makes no sense at all:

convenience and lazyness.

and inventory space

• 1 month later...

@Obtena.7952 said:

Let's ask a different question. WHAT would be the step up from exotic to ascended runes/sigils?No, let's clarify something again first - runes/sigils are
not
"stuck at the exotic level", because they don't use the gear tier levels at all. The real question is whether there should be anything in between
Superior
and Legendary.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Let's ask a different question. WHAT would be the step up from exotic to ascended runes/sigils?No, let's clarify something again first - runes/sigils are
not
"stuck at the exotic level", because they don't use the gear tier levels at all. The real question is whether there should be anything in between
Superior
and Legendary.

That's still a pretty reasonable question ... because whatever you want to propose is walled in by the functionality of what Superior and Legendary levels give you. Personally, I think Ascended versions would be pretty interesting and also good for the economy of the market. There is a fine line between making them worthless to craft (assuming they would be crafted) or just another step in power creep.

Just MAYBE the answer to the OP's question is that Anet boxed themselves OUT of a solution for Ascended Runes and Sigils.

@Obtena.7952 said:

not
Superior
and Legendary.

That's still a pretty reasonable question ... because whatever you want to propose is walled in by the functionality of what Superior and Legendary levels give you. Personally, I think Ascended versions would be pretty interesting and also good for the economy of the market. There is a fine line between making them worthless to craft (assuming they would be crafted) or just another step in power creep.

Just MAYBE the answer to the OP's question is that Anet boxed themselves OUT of a solution for Ascended Runes and Sigils.

Ascended would just be power creep unless they included drawbacks as a counterbalance. It has to be done as additional effects on top of the exotic version otherwise what is the difference between ascended and just adding another exotic rune set?

Legendary just matches whatever is top tier so that isn't much of a wall. It does create the problem where not everyone who has crafted legendary runes and sigils necessarily want the ascended version. On the other hand ANet doesn't seem to care about those people considering the changes they've made to legendary weapons.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

not
Superior
and Legendary.

Ascended would just be power creep unless they included drawbacks as a counterbalance. It has to be done as additional effects on top of the exotic version otherwise what is the difference between ascended and just adding another exotic rune set?

Legendary just matches whatever is top tier so that isn't much of a wall. It does create the problem where not everyone who has crafted legendary runes and sigils necessarily want the ascended version. On the other hand ANet doesn't seem to care about those people considering the changes they've made to legendary weapons.

Yeah I think that's a real and honest concern ... while Ascended Runes/sigils would be nice for various reasons, let's all acknowledge we are asking for power creep when we ask for them.

@"Obtena.7952" said:Just MAYBE the answer to the OP's question is that Anet boxed themselves OUT of a solution for Ascended Runes and Sigils.That assumes that there should be an ascended version in the first place. My point was that, since ascended are something from normal gear progression, which runes/sigils do not use, there needs not be a "solution" for ascended runes/sigils at all.I mean, there are no exotic, rare or masterwork runes. Nor there are any basic or fine ones. The only common tier is the legendary one, which isn't really a tier at all, but more like a QoL/Vanity variation of the normal top tier (which, for runes/sigils is Superior). As such, there's no reason whatsoever for ascended runes. Well, beyond a desire for powercreep, of course.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:Just MAYBE the answer to the OP's question is that Anet boxed themselves OUT of a solution for Ascended Runes and Sigils.That assumes that there should be an ascended version in the first place. My point was that, since ascended are something from normal gear progression, which runes/sigils
do not
use, there needs not be a "solution" for ascended runes/sigils at all.

So you don't think there is a 4th teir of runes/sigils because 'wording'? Um, OK. Maybe. I would think wording isn't really that significant a hang up if Anet were to add that 4th teir between exotic and legendary.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Just MAYBE the answer to the OP's question is that Anet boxed themselves OUT of a solution for Ascended Runes and Sigils.That assumes that there should be an ascended version in the first place. My point was that, since ascended are something from normal gear progression, which runes/sigils
do not

So you don't think there is a 4th teir of runes/sigils because 'wording'? Um, OK. Maybe. I would think wording isn't really that significant a hang up if Anet were to add that 4th teir between exotic and legendary.Again, there's no "exotic" tier. It's not just a matter of wording, it's the whole tiering system for runes/sigils working differently than the one for gear. Where the gear has 6 tiers (plus Legendary), the runes/sigils have 3 tiers (plus legendary). You can't just draw any comparison between those based on the fact that some tiers have the same colors assigned. The whole tiering system is completely different.

I mean, if you specifically want some runesets that are stronger than superior, then say so, but claiming there should be an ascended tier just because gear has one is an argument that is based on either conscious misdirection, or complete lack of understanding of differences between those systems.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Just MAYBE the answer to the OP's question is that Anet boxed themselves OUT of a solution for Ascended Runes and Sigils.That assumes that there should be an ascended version in the first place. My point was that, since ascended are something from normal gear progression, which runes/sigils
do not

So you don't think there is a 4th teir of runes/sigils because 'wording'? Um, OK. Maybe. I would think wording isn't really that significant a hang up if Anet were to add that 4th teir between exotic and legendary.Again, there's no "exotic" tier. It's not just a matter of wording, it's the whole tiering system for runes/sigils working differently than the one for gear. Where the gear has 6 tiers (plus Legendary), the runes/sigils have 3 tiers (plus legendary). You can't just draw any comparison between those based on the fact that some tiers have the same colors assigned. The whole tiering system is completely different.

I mean, if you specifically want some runesets that are stronger than superior, then say so, but claiming there should be an ascended tier just because gear has one is an argument that is based on either conscious misdirection, or complete lack of understanding of differences between those systems.

OK .. but this thread is suggesting there might be an opportunity for Anet to add a tier in between 'Yellow' and "purple" (I'm not going to get bogged down in an argument about names here). I mean, this isn't my suggestion and I'm not arguing it should be there because of some parallel with the tiers on armor/weapons.

I see the benefit of adding it. I also see some jeopardy doing so. Personally, I wouldn't mind another level of Runes/sigil in that hierarchy as it could be something interesting to craft or explore builds with. I'm not really fussed either way. I'm actually more interested in having more sets added to runes/sigils, but that's not related to the thread.