Current Most 'OP' class that needs balancing?

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ranger and Mesmer.

@Bish.8627 said:I went with Thief because their escapes in WvW are a bit much in my opinion. Mind you I feel this for mesmer too. I don't think if you have a prof with the best burst and damage you should also be untouchable unless your opponent has similar abilities and can close the gap. Meaning unless you yourself have a thief or mesmer, they are likely to get away. I would say DH is pretty bad for this too, as they can spike damage and escape, but you can at least fight them as they can't almost instakill like the first two.

Ranger sustain and druid escape is also another issue. I have seen small groups chase them down, catch up, barely make a scratch and then watch them escape again. For me as long as they are off point I am happy.

TL:DR Risk vs reward is very imbalanced on mesmer, druid and thief but I feel thief is the prime suspect. You can pick up a thief in exotic gear, walk into WvW, instadown a player and escape from several others with a very short amount of time to practise. I don't feel damage should be changed however, just the ability to escape the fight they engaged with reduced so its possible to catch them.

If they were to take away that ability to escape, then It should be replaced with some defensive abilities like self produced stability and some passive/active blocks. Otherwise you are just asking for a punching bag. It seems to me that you are saying if you could catch them, you could kill them. That is kind of the point.

Mesmer and second druid.

Mesmer we already know from the beginning of gw2.Always been the broken pvp class, spam shatter=profit.

I didn't have much problems with firebrands expect when paired with scourge, so basically druid is a firebrand who has stupid easy bunker abilities (spam staff auto is the main braindead thing they do and get the work done) plus they have the damage to kill you, plus 10 times the escapes of a firebrand.

But yeah druid for the most part can be ignored if you have good teammates, mesmer reborn again in a new cancer form this time focused on a power build, but still spam shatters=profit for a low risk high reward build.

I'd say Mesmer not necessarily because its overpowered but because its become an apex predator from the most recent changes.A Druid doesnt kill, but they can contest nodes very well. People just dont know how to rotate when dealing with bunkers with pugs and other bads sending 2-3 players (and often the ones not outfitted to contest and +1 it) after one to waste time. Worse yet, people get so caught up in killing that they dont even consider forcing a retreat from the node as a victory.

Even if Druid gets canned, another bunker will show up eventually and we'll have this same song and dance again. I wonder sometimes if its really just Druid and not poor rotational skills that make bunkers like it so "frustrating" for this community.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Thief the eternally meta class, the only class in the game that cannot be killed except by itself.

Engineers tend to hold up quite well against thieves, thank you.

Thief will not die to a engineer unless the thief does something stupid.

Thief will die to every single Profession in the game unless every single Profession in the game does something stupid.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:I'm not even gonna look ima assume that everyone posted mesmer because people don't know how to play and if that is the case this poll has zero to no credibility as our so called OP spec was nerfed to the ground axe skills don't even drop confusion anymore.

And for those talking about on the pve side mesmers aren't even in top 3 for dps so please.

Post patch I've seen mesmers able to drop 26+ stacks of confusion on a player. The only difference now is that it isn't immediately lethal to the target.

PvE is an entirely different matter from PvP. Different needs, different playstyles.

No u haven't please stop lying.

Aren’t you the one who was saying Condi Mirage can’t even get 15+ confusions with 1 burst? Lol.

And pre-patch, a perfect Axe/Torch burst could stack 28 confusion + 9 Torment + 12 Burn stacks.

Please stop defending an overperforming class just because you main it.

Unless you stand still.

@ZeteCommander.4937 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:I'm not even gonna look ima assume that everyone posted mesmer because people don't know how to play and if that is the case this poll has zero to no credibility as our so called OP spec was nerfed to the ground axe skills don't even drop confusion anymore.

And for those talking about on the pve side mesmers aren't even in top 3 for dps so please.

Post patch I've seen mesmers able to drop 26+ stacks of confusion on a player. The only difference now is that it isn't immediately lethal to the target.

PvE is an entirely different matter from PvP. Different needs, different playstyles.

Aren’t you the one who was saying Condi Mirage can’t even get 15+ confusions with 1 burst? Lol.

And pre-patch, a perfect Axe/Torch burst could stack 28 confusion + 9 Torment + 12 Burn stacks.

Unless you stand still.

Don't matter.I made a post a long time deconstructing Mirage for everyone. They ignored it and kept screaming thats it op, even with the "So called" condition burst that they called OP was removed, Keep in mind for all of PoF power mirage was still One f1 decoy blasting people 100-0 no one cared because of the irrational hatred of conditions. So i warned them if you kill condition mirage you will know what actual burst is and not the confusion stacks which you have plenty of time to counterplay.

And so my prophecy has been fulfilled and now every now see's what real mesmer burst is, they cry about it but refuse to accept that is far more burst and far more unfair then condition mirage ever was because then they have to admit they were just bad at the game and cried nerfs for a class simply because they refused to cleanse confuse. Just wait. 3-4 More weeks the forums will be littered with Power OP. It was never about balance it was about people unable to learn from there mistakes.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Unless you stand still.

Don't matter.I made a post a long time deconstructing Mirage for everyone. They ignored it and kept screaming thats it op, even with the "So called" condition burst that they called OP was removed, Keep in mind for all of PoF power mirage was still One f1 decoy blasting people 100-0 no one cared because of the irrational hatred of conditions. So i warned them if you kill condition mirage you will know what actual burst is and not the confusion stacks which you have plenty of time to counterplay.

And so my prophecy has been fulfilled and now every now see's what real mesmer burst is, they cry about it but refuse to accept that is far more burst and far more unfair then condition mirage ever was because then they have to admit they were just bad at the game and cried nerfs for a class simply because they refused to cleanse confuse. Just wait. 3-4 More weeks the forums will be littered with Power OP. It was never about balance it was about people unable to learn from there mistakes.

It was OP. Just because they served up something just as OP, doesn't mean that it wasn't broken.

Most mirages I fought would chase me easily (as thief) if I tried to disengage. And keep laying on the butter. I mean to kill any Mesmer you got to get the jump on them first, otherwise its gonna be tough, and even tougher depending on which class you are playing; this is for any build a Mesmer chooses to run.

Warrior for me. I don't have a problem with any of its skills/traits etc.BUTA. having Full Counter hit everyone that is in range, instead of the person who triggered it, makes it so punishing playing with bad players.B. please fix the animation bug, that displays the Full Counter graphic all the time. That makes it impossible to avoid it and takes away a lot of counterplay.

@brianmiguel.8517 said:FB support is on par with heal tempest and heal druid, so I don't think it needs nerfs. Then again, I'm biased.

FB is the only real support in pvp anymore. Tempest is out of meta for a reason, and Druid support goes no further than a tiny bit of AOE healing. (I’m not saying necessarily that FB needs nerfs, merely than you’re wrong in thinking anything else comes even close to FB when it comes to support.)

@Loboling.5293 said:I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

Only issue with sb right now is that fc gives them regen even if they don't hit anyone with it. If they didn't have that it wouldn't be difficult to outplay for people actively watching what the sb is doing. Especially when they add random damage and aoes on every ability in this game so it's near impossible to avoid proccing the counter outside of a very controlled 1v1.

@Ario.8964 said:

@Loboling.5293 said:I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

Only issue with sb right now is that fc gives them regen even if they don't hit anyone with it. If they didn't have that it wouldn't be difficult to outplay for people actively watching what the sb is doing. Especially when they add random damage and aoes on every ability in this game so it's near impossible to avoid proccing the counter outside of a very controlled 1v1.

sry but thats actually wrong. u do not get adrenal health if full counter doesnt hit.

I voted Ele because i think it's underperforming (for the lulz)And i have to say that i'm feeling that balance we have now is the best in a long time!Someone will say "hurr durr, says the druid", but what people don't seems to notice is that Druids can sustain a lot of condi, but not a lot of power burst. I'm having far more hard times after the patch than before it playing Druid (since power builds are being played more often).But for me it's ok. Soulbeast seems A LOT more viable now and the burst is fucking awesome. No sustain, ok, but if you kill them first...

After reaching plat i'm now playing a bit of every class (except for Rev, since i don't have one). Dropped to gold, but it's ok, now i can have fun with every class that i own. Some of them will perform better against others, some will perform better x1, others in teamfights, but i think it's the best we can get in terms of balance for such different classes.

Bursty mesmers are a thing again. It can be really frustrating to be one-shoted, but it should only happen when you're caught pants down. Otherwise just dodge in the direction of the clones and avoid the damage. I was having a really bad time fighting mesmers and i can say that all you need is to play and understand the class.

I just think Eles could have some more damage. I feel like if i wanna survive as Ele i need to drop A LOT of damage in order to acomplish this.In general we have the best balance in a long time.

Archived