An Update On Episode 2

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Props to Anet for taking the time to fix the issue instead of releasing with something buggy and unsatisfying. It's a wonderful relief from the industry standard of "we'll fix it later, don't worry".
  2. Thank you for letting us know. As patient as I have been, it's good to get some information rather than speculating endlessly. Really appreciate the transparency here.
  3. Honestly, I was kind of expecting it to hit the 3-4 month mark anyway, considering several holidays occurred one after another near the end of the year anyway, but I also expected the same of episode 1 to be delayed after the release of the expansion, but you guys seriously keep surprising me with this aspect. Like even when you'd have a legitimate reason to delay like holidays or an expansion release, you're still doing the hard work and making it hit the mark. Bug fixing and large issues are of course very valid reasons to delay, but I meant issues other than those.

Thanks again for the update!

Was there something wrong with the trailer itself?Are the fixes you are implementing going to drastically change the gameplay/map design?

If the answer the above questions is no, then I don't see a reason to not release the trailer as planned... As you said its getting awfully close to that self-imposed 3 month time table, throw us a bone here ;)

P.S. I do really appreciate the update though, so there is that. I'd rather wait a little longer for a polished product.

@Mike Zadorojny.7058 said:Hey everyone!

We are fast approaching the end of our 2-3 month cadence window for Living World Episodes and this morning we were hoping to unveil the Episode 2 Trailer along with the announcement of its release date. However, as we were preparing the episode for launch we discovered issues that we want to take additional time to address, to make sure it lives up to our standards. Once we have nailed down the last few details, started the process for moving the build to Live, and are confident when the episode will launch, we will release the trailer. Thank you for patience and bearing with us as we put the finishing touches on Episode 2. We look forward to playing the next chapter of Living World with all of you once it is released.

Thanks!Mike Zadorojny

I would love to hear what it was about. (the technical side of it)

@Hellbore.1473 said:Was there something wrong with the trailer itself?Are the fixes you are implementing going to drastically change the gameplay/map design?

If the answer the above questions is no, then I don't see a reason to not release the trailer as planned... As you said its getting awfully close to that self-imposed 3 month time table, throw us a bone here ;)

P.S. I do really appreciate the update though, so there is that. I'd rather wait a little longer for a polished product.

Trailers for the Living Story do give a release date and since there are ( major? ) issues with the update itself Anet can't give out a release date right now. The moment they know the exact date of release for episode 2 is the moment they can put that date on the trailer and give us the trailer.

@Mike Zadorojny.7058 said:Hey everyone!

We are fast approaching the end of our 2-3 month cadence window for Living World Episodes and this morning we were hoping to unveil the Episode 2 Trailer along with the announcement of its release date. However, as we were preparing the episode for launch we discovered issues that we want to take additional time to address, to make sure it lives up to our standards. Once we have nailed down the last few details, started the process for moving the build to Live, and are confident when the episode will launch, we will release the trailer. Thank you for patience and bearing with us as we put the finishing touches on Episode 2. We look forward to playing the next chapter of Living World with all of you once it is released.

Thanks!Mike Zadorojny

Didn't expect that at all... If I remember correctly the situation like this is something new, also it's been 3 months so I don't understand how the issues could just pop up so sudden.Why didn't you release a trailer yesterday and just didn't tell the date in that? And make a statement why you didn't put the date. That would be better and you would have given some more time to theory crafters.You have chosen the worst solution .

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Not really new; it's happened before. I don't believe it's been 3 months quite yet.

I imagine issues 'pop-up' when they test the finished (hopefully) product/release on their in-house live servers. I'd bet we would rather they test it there, rather than test it on our live servers...wouldn't you?

Next Wed is 3 months since Daybreak released. Time flies, I know!

Since we get a trailer a week in advance, we're breaking the 3 month cadence by a bit (a week or two, nbd).

@"Chickenooble.5014" said:As long as you guys don't make more "Astralarium Stairs" in the next release, you can have as much time as you need. If I see some shoddy environment design like that mess of a building then I'm going to get really upset with you guys and buy fewer gems.

I didnt see anything messy about the design of the astralarium. The mount movement abilitues made it even easier to move around.

Archived