PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Gaile Gray.6029

@samo.1054 said:This:

• Defy Pain: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Last Stand: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Shrug it Off: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only
  • Dead or Alive: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

Is lazy design and balancing and it does NOT help with this:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Increase build diversity

For the love of Grenth, stop balacing this way. I have nothing against nerfing passives, but what you did there is simply kill off the trait. It's useless! Simple as that. 2 seconds of Defy Pain on a 90 sec cooldown? Think of it and tell me with a straight face that you think that's fine. You keep on nerfing stuff so that you kill it off and when you buff something you overdo it to the point where it's the absolute only right choice to take. If you're going to nerf those passive traits OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE!

The more you do things that way, the more you pigeonhole builds, the more useless traits there are in the game and the harder it will get for you to clean things up.

Stop killing stuff when nerfing, stop being lazy and only adjust cooldowns, change the mechanics, get creative!

bruh, defense trait is way too good for pvp, it's a must in pvp..since forever....tbh even with nerf, i doubt there will be any trait line changes in the meta build...also these traits are way too good compared to the traits of same line....even after nerf, i don't see myself using armored attack or sundering mace...

btw why this patch is not live yet?.........

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lighter.5631 said:

• Shrug it Off: Increased the cooldown from 25 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only
  • Dead or Alive: Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only

For the love of Grenth, stop balacing this way. I have nothing against nerfing passives, but what you did there is simply kill off the trait. It's useless! Simple as that. 2 seconds of Defy Pain on a 90 sec cooldown? Think of it and tell me with a straight face that you think that's fine. You keep on nerfing stuff so that you kill it off and when you buff something you overdo it to the point where it's the absolute only right choice to take. If you're going to nerf those passive traits OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE!

The more you do things that way, the more you pigeonhole builds, the more useless traits there are in the game and the harder it will get for you to clean things up.

Stop killing stuff when nerfing, stop being lazy and only adjust cooldowns, change the mechanics, get creative!

bruh, defense trait is way too good for pvp, it's a must in pvp..since forever....tbh even with nerf, i doubt there will be any trait line changes in the meta build...also these traits are way too good compared to the traits of same line....even after nerf, i don't see myself using armored attack or sundering mace...

Tbh, good or not, that's debatable and it wasn't really the point of what I was trying to say. I just think that it's rather sad that we get to pick traits that do something passive for 2 seconds every 90 seconds, not to mention that in WvW for example, passive traits like that can get triggered simply by an annoying aggressive NPC raptor. Players have no control over such trait and I would call that bad design.

If they're looking at nerfing passives then I think that they could make that little bit of an extra effort and actually put some creativeness into trait designs instead of just increasing the cooldowns and reducing durations. Boring.

@samo.1054 said:

Tbh, good or not, that's debatable and it wasn't really the point of what I was trying to say. I just think that it's rather sad that we get to pick traits that do something passive for 2 seconds every 90 seconds, not to mention that in WvW for example, passive traits like that can get triggered simply by an annoying aggressive NPC raptor. Players have no control over such trait and I would call that bad design.

If they're looking at nerfing passives then I think that they could make that little bit of an extra effort and actually put some creativeness into trait designs instead of just increasing the cooldowns and reducing durations. Boring.

well, friend, if you prefer sundering mace or armored attacked instead of defy pain, nothing is stopping you to use them, lol.how is less passive bad design, lol whatpassive itself is already boring, and they are not changing it to active, because there needs to be passive option in the game.so less passive up time = less boring...get it?

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks!

I've been promising a list of edits to our initial post and finally here they are! I'm hoping to get the full list re-translated and posted in all languages by mid next week.

A few notes:We'd mentioned several times that we were going to consider unsplitting some things. We decided to hold off on that for now, but we will be considering unsplits for the next full balance release.

Keep in mind that balance is a moving target. We know we have more to do!

Warrior• Rampage: Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

RevenantSkills• Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

ThiefSkills• Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW• We decided not to do the following buffs;• Heartseeker• Shadow Shot• Infiltrator’s StrikeTraits• Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

RangerSkills• Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only• Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only• Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP onlyTraits• Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only• Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only• Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only• Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

EngineerSkills• Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only• Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only• Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only• Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

ElementalistSkills• Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW• Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW• Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.Traits• Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

MesmerSkills• Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW• Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW• Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW• Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvWTraits• Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun• Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW• Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW• Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

Edit: Forgot Ramage and Tornado edits in initial posting.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Hey folks!

I've been promising a list of edits to our initial post and finally here they are! I'm hoping to get the full list re-translated and posted in all languages by mid next week.

A few notes:We'd mentioned several times that we were going to consider unsplitting some things. We decided to hold off on that for now, but we will be considering unsplits for the next full balance release.

RevenantSkills• Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

ThiefSkills• Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW• We decided not to do the following buffs;• Heartseeker• Shadow Shot• Infiltrator’s StrikeTraits• Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

RangerSkills• Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only• Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only• Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP onlyTraits• Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only• Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only• Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only• Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

EngineerSkills• Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only• Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only• Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only• Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

ElementalistSkills• Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW• Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvWTraits• Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

MesmerSkills• Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW• Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW• Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW• Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvWTraits• Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun• Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW• Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW• Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

Great list hmmm....are you still on board with nerfing stability on corona blast? Last update you decided to limit the stability application to actual hit rather than free stability application

• ArenaNet Staff

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Revenant
Skills• Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

Thief
Skills• Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW• We decided not to do the following buffs;• Heartseeker• Shadow Shot• Infiltrator’s StrikeTraits• Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

Ranger
Skills• Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only• Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only• Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP onlyTraits• Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only• Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only• Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only• Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

Engineer
Skills• Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only• Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only• Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only• Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

Elementalist
Skills• Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW• Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvWTraits• Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

Mesmer
Skills• Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW• Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW• Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW• Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvWTraits• Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun• Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW• Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW• Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

Great list hmmm....are you still on board with nerfing stability on corona blast? Last update you decided to limit the stability application to actual hit rather than free stability application

Yeah, that's still happening.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey folks!

Revenant
Skills• Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

Thief
Skills• Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW• We decided not to do the following buffs;• Heartseeker• Shadow Shot• Infiltrator’s StrikeTraits• Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

Ranger
Skills• Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only• Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only• Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP onlyTraits• Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only• Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only• Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only• Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only• Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

Engineer
Skills• Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only• Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only• Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only• Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only• Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

Elementalist
Skills• Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW• Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvWTraits• Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

Mesmer
Skills• Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW• Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW• Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW• Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW• Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvWTraits• Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun• Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW• Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW• Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

Revenant

Thief

Ranger

Engineer

Elementalist

Mesmer

Bless you!

ElementalistSkills• Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW• Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvWTraits• Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

Was still really, really hoping for a Necro/Reaper shroud CD change :(

On a scythe and a prayer.

Revenant

Thief

Ranger

Engineer

Elementalist

Mesmer

Is this list in addition to the original proposed changes? Or is this a entirely new list and the old proposed changes were scrapped?

• We decided not to do the following buffs;• Heartseeker• Shadow Shot

why????you already reduce the aa by 15% and PI by 30% from a build that isnt even meta atm, and the only buffs for spells that already hit very low (4k heartseeker @25% so powerfull) doesnt even get buffed? you "devs" really want to push dp out of the game do you? just to make deadeye viable? thats fucking dumb

edit: literally nobody wanted any dp nerfs but instead sd nerfs and in reality dp gets nerfed more than sd

@Aza.2105 said:

Revenant

Thief

Ranger

Engineer

Elementalist

Mesmer

Is this list in addition to the original proposed changes? Or is this a entirely new list and the old proposed changes were scrapped?

An addition

• ArenaNet Staff

@Aza.2105 said:

Revenant

Thief

Ranger

Engineer

Elementalist

Mesmer

This is additional changes and edits to the some of the previous ideas.

When you say decided not to do following buffs does that include the nerf part as well? As in example increase initiative cost for shadow shot as an example? Including swindlers

• ArenaNet Staff

@bluri.2653 said:

Revenant

Thief

Ranger

Engineer

Elementalist

Mesmer

When you say decided not to do following buffs does that include the nerf part as well? As in example increase initiative cost for shadow shot as an example?

The initiative increase is also no longer happening for shadow shot.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:ThiefSkills• Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW• We decided not to do the following buffs;• Heartseeker• Shadow Shot• Infiltrator’s StrikeTraits• Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

just for my understanding: you wrote in original post that shadow shot will cost 5 instead of 4 initiative. is that nerf still happened or it is cancelled too?

Edith: oh i see, it was already answered

Revenant

Thief

Ranger

Engineer

Elementalist

Mesmer

When you say decided not to do following buffs does that include the nerf part as well? As in example increase initiative cost for shadow shot as an example?

So the only real change for thief is larc nerf in other words or are the dp changes happening like pulmonary

• ArenaNet Staff

@Zero.3871 said:

Thief

just for my understanding: you wrote in original post that shadow shot will cost 5 instead of 4 initiative. is that nerf still happened or it is cancelled too?

Yes, the initiative change is also cancelled.

• ArenaNet Staff

@bluri.2653 said:

Revenant

Thief

Ranger

Engineer

Elementalist

Mesmer

So the only real change for thief is larc nerf in other words or are the dp changes happening like pulmonary

Here is the full thief list, since I was pretty unclear:

ThiefSkills

• Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 15% overall in PvP and WvW
  • Sword Autoattack chain: Reduced damages by 14% overall in PvP and WvW
  • Roll for Initiative: Increased the cooldown from 35 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Cloak and Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost from 6 to 5 in PvP and WvW
  • Signet of Shadows: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Assassin's Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Smoke Screen: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Dagger Storm: Reduced the cooldown from 90 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Hide in Shadows: Increased the base healing by 15% in PvP and WvW
  • Skelk Venom: Increased the venom heal per hit by 25% in PvP and WvW
  • Larcenous Strike: Reduced damage from 15% in PvP and WvW

Traits

• Pulmonary Impact: Reduced damage by 29% in PvP and WvW
  • Upper Hand: Increased the cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Panic Strike: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW. The WvW version of this trait will now use the PvP immobilize duration of 1.5 seconds
  • Instant Reflexes: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Pain response: Increased the cooldown from 16 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only
  • Hard to Catch: Increased the cooldown from 45 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  • Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

• ArenaNet Staff

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

Ranger
Traits• Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only

Is this edit in reference to the healing coefficient or to the base healing of the trait? A lot of ranger and soulbeast builds take Wilderness Survival, so I wouldn't want their sustain hurt by changes meant to tone down druid.

Yeah, it's the coefficient.

thx for the updated list ben

also, R.I.P spellbreaker septembre 22, 2018 - next balance patch , was nice having ya

considering how much war, holo, thief, druid are getting nerfed, you could probably nerf mirage even more tbh.

thx for ur work tho. i love how u guys are interacting w the community at this point

Archived