amulet enrichment?

I mostly use Karma, unless I know I'll be generating a lot of loot from foe deaths (in which case, Magic Find). I have no use for XP enrichments.

Here's the deeper analysis:

Karma is among the currencies that you either have more than you can spend or far too little for your immediate needs; it's rarely in between. So I prefer to build up as much Karma as I can, so I can spend it with impunity. If I have too much, I'll buy extra Wintersday Gifts during that festival. The enrichment works on karma awarded by events & fractals, so it's best when you're involved in long chains of events.

PS Wintersday foods & utilities boost karma gain, too, along with a number of other consumables.

Karma is my default enrichment because I prefer the problem of too much karma over too little.

Magic Find

Although it's been well-documented since 2012, we have even better data now that boosting MF improves the quality of loot you get. The simplest example is that at 850% MF, you no longer get blues from unidentified, common gear. Not a one. The research suggests that each additional percent of MF matters.

However, MF doesn't affect all loot. Traditionally, it only impacts loot from the deaths of foes... and lots of popular content doesn't involve all that many kills. So more MF is less useful for fractals and WvW PoF/LS4 bounties. It's more useful for Specimen Chamber, the Labyrinth, Palawadan|GH, and, of course, opening unID gear.

PS The enrichment is best used in combination with Halloween foods & utilities (as well as more than a few others).

Experience

Experience is the counterpoint to Karma: sure, you can have too little, but any veteran is always going to spend the vast majority of their time with too much and there is no good sink for extra XP.

The primary times veterans run short of XP are:

• The week an expansion drops.
  • The day a new LS episode launches.

And that's it. Over time, most veterans will end up with more spirit shards than they can spend and once Mastery bars fill, there's nothing else we need it for.

Plus, there are some simple alternatives to boosting XP quickly: I save up local map dailies. Opening around 80 of the chests is enough to max a new LS mastery. For the new expansion, I found that just getting the new specialization for 4-5 toons was more than enough (even without remembering to use boosters, bartender, and yeah, enrichments) to max each PoF mastery line.

Or in short: we almost never need extra XP and when we do, it's still easily obtained without the enrichment.

Karma. Since quipping the enrichments I've found that I've gone from occasionally being at risk of depleting my karma to having an ever-growing excess. To me it's worth it. None of the others is. I agree with the post above suggesting a speed boost enrichment option. That would be great. Or replace the gold one with all currencies increased.

@Biff.5312 said:Karma. Since quipping the enrichments I've found that I've gone from occasionally being at risk of depleting my karma to having an ever-growing excess. To me it's worth it. None of the others is.

Karma has worked well for me too. Even buying Volatile Magic harvesting tools (which cost Karma) I always seem to have plenty of Karma.

@weaponwh.9810 said:well i'm ranger so already has 25% speed boost from signet

Does XP boost only on mob killed?

if so, it might not worth it, since I do a lot event/fractal/story mission which grant more XP after completion.

Wouldn't you rather open up that slot for another skill instead of equipping the signet just for speed?

@Biff.5312 said:Wouldn't you rather open up that slot for another skill instead of equipping the signet just for speed?

E x a c t l y . It's why I want it as an enrichment. Sure, we have mounts but that 25% is nice to have when you're stuck in combat for a longer time, especially in meta events. I hate wasting skill/trait slots for more speed.

• 6 months later...

I know its an old topic but just came across this issue and im curious which to go with. Most of you saying karma but i have 1/2 million karma right now and cant say the last time i used it. I generally new and just dont know what to spend it on. Originally I went with MF just because i was once told its the most important, so its almost Oct, do you go with Karma? if so what should I be spending it on?

@Mea.5491 said:

@"Biff.5312" said:Wouldn't you rather open up that slot for another skill instead of equipping the signet just for speed?

E x a c t l y
. It's why I want it as an enrichment. Sure, we have mounts but that 25% is nice to have when you're stuck in combat for a longer time, especially in meta events. I hate wasting skill/trait slots for more speed.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Traveler_(disambiguation)There you go no need for a speed enrichment

I mostly use karma on pve and the wvw boost to track in there

@Redscyte.5432 said:I know its an old topic but just came across this issue and im curious which to go with. Most of you saying karma but i have 1/2 million karma right now and cant say the last time i used it. I generally new and just dont know what to spend it on. Originally I went with MF just because i was once told its the most important, so its almost Oct, do you go with Karma? if so what should I be spending it on?

Karma has the most ongoing value if you do things like collections and achievements.... everything else can focused farmed to some degree, but karma is only gained through event and event based farms. As a general rule, I always try to keep above 1 mil Karma (preferably 2 mil) because Anet has been known to drop massive sinks for it during holiday events.... like a self fulfilling prophecy. And while you can get an influx of gold simply by selling mat stock piles, getting large amounts of karma in a short period isn't really possible. I also spend Karma on pact mapping items; while they're not super efficient, they're incredibly simple for getting a stack of blood and a couple dozen Charged lode stones during the Week2 map reward cycle.

If you do collection crafting, you're gonna need a lot of it to buy either materials or recipes. And like someone said, its better to have too much, then not enough when you need it for something.

The runner up would be magic find, because it can stack over your natural magic find. Exp has very little practical value, since at worst you'd only need it for short term goals, where the free boosters you get from stuff is a better option. Guilded is a toss up..... most event farms don't spawn mobs that have drops or even give Exp, so you can't easily exploit this on its mechanics.

The WvW enrichment are good options if you frequent the game mode. Both WxP and Reward track enrichment accumulate well over time, which is a huge benefit since the rewards are mostly long-game focused.

Archived