Current state of WvW?

Lonecap.4105

Circumstances at the beginning of the year made it so I was unable to keep playing the game, and I lost touch with my WvW guild and the state of the game in general.

Over the past five months, where is WvW at right now? How close are we to the Alliance System? How are builds performing, and which have fallen out of favour?

Balance wise its not as bad. 6/9 classes are meta in wvw zergs and the other 3 are good roamer/ slacker killer.Scourge is bit of a problem but mostly because its to easy to play.Guardian (like it always was) is the only good support option thanks to stab.Weaver is your high risk high reward class with its big d__k crits but has to play glas cannon or nearly glass to get the big numbers.Rev is like it always was, Hammer dmg + Boon support from glint.Spellbreaker has winds of disenchantment. Which is the only reason warrior sees play. But hey , warrior gets played (not like in HoT).Mesmer has Veil , Portal , Temporal Curtain , Gravity Well and more. Was always meta in zerg , will always be meta.

For Ranger , Thief and Engi.If you have enough skill then you definitely can make it work in zergplay but i still would not recommend it.

All in all , not TO bad.

[Edit : Spelling]

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Balance wise its not as bad. 6/9 classes are meta in wvw zergs and the other 3 are good roamer/ slacker killer.Scourge is bit of a problem but mostly because its to easy to play.Guardian (like it always was) is the only good support option thanks to stab.Weaver is your high risk righ reward class with its big d__k crits but has to play glas cannon or nearly glass to get the big numbers.Rev is like is always was Hammer dmg + Boon support from glint.Spellbreaker has winds of disenchantment. Which is the only reason warrior sees play. But hey , warrior gets played (not like in HoT).Mesmer has Veil , Portal , Temporal Curtain , Gravity Well and more. Was always meta in zerg , will always be meta.

For Ranger , Thief and Engi.If you have enough skill then you definitely can make it work in zergplay but i still would not recommend it.

All in all , not TO bad.

Ranger and Thief are illegal in WvW. They should be able to play only in Eotm and OS.

Condition damage. Condition damage. Condition damage. Scourge meta.You'll be forced to play Spellbreaker, Scourge or firebrand if you want to be most effective and wanted in zerg play. I think Mesmer, elementalist and Rev are second up. The rest are screwed. I play holosmith and this meta is a nightmare.

@"morrolan.9608" said:Alliances are probably 6 months away. Meta has only become more about scourges frirebrands and spellbreakers. Anet don;t seem to know what to do about them. Large groups are 70% scourges at minimum.

This is pretty much truth. Sure "other" classes are out there, but 70% of zergs are scourge pushing on shroud every time it's up. The spec 1 on 1 is simple to kill, but for competitive play is broken af, and Anet has it's fingers in it's ears to the complaints.

why you all want alliances so bad is beyond me..1 guild is 300 people?alliance is x guilds? only if it was 2 guilds would be 600 people thats enough to take every propper skilled guy into whole EU scene to be on your side meaning will all be shit, 1 sided shit fights with 1 "server" being good and rest is just lurking a kill here and there.

just like its now uuuh lets all transfer vabbi, and vabbi went sky rocket in ranks.uuuh we all transfer back to fsp and fsp went sky rocket again.uuuh lets get people from fsp and deso to whitesideridge and look us go sky rocket.

how is alliance system going to make this any better? only people looking for decent "balanced fights" would not join any alliance system in hope they get to fight against the bandwagon server.tbh i would like to see every1 being put back to the server of orgin and lock transfers for next week :D, see how wvw is like then.

@"reddie.5861" said:why you all want alliances so bad is beyond me..1 guild is 300 people?alliance is x guilds? only if it was 2 guilds would be 600 people thats enough to take every propper skilled guy into whole EU scene to be on your side meaning will all be kitten, 1 sided kitten fights with 1 "server" being good and rest is just lurking a kill here and there.

just like its now uuuh lets all transfer vabbi, and vabbi went sky rocket in ranks.uuuh we all transfer back to fsp and fsp went sky rocket again.uuuh lets get people from fsp and deso to whitesideridge and look us go sky rocket.

how is alliance system going to make this any better? only people looking for decent "balanced fights" would not join any alliance system in hope they get to fight against the bandwagon server.tbh i would like to see every1 being put back to the server of orgin and lock transfers for next week :D, see how wvw is like then.

That's not how it works.

Besides, guilds only won't make 100% of the alliances.

@morrolan.9608 said:Alliances are probably 6 months away. Meta has only become more about scourges frirebrands and spellbreakers. Anet don;t seem to know what to do about them. Large groups are 70% scourges at minimum.

IMO they need the alliance system settle first for them to observe what can be changed into the game, we dont want changes to get borked up with the alliance stuff, wich m8 result in diferent behaviors.

Knowing is half the battle...

Our WvW ecosystem continues on a downward spiraling trend. World Linking in many cases have destroyed or suppressed any Guest Server's habitat as predicted.

Alliance Linking is also projected to destroy or suppress remaining Healthy Host Server's habitats along similar observations. All niche play-styles are severly impacted without a stable habitat to support them. Only the most hardiest forms of play-style have a chance to survive. Developers of the WvW game mode continue to be oblivious or misinterpret their efforts to control Player Population stacking in an effort to create a more competitive & healthy game mode.

King of the Hill design should be used to counter Player Population stacking to create a more competitive & healthy game mode.

How to implement a King of the Hill design to support a Long Term solution to improve the WvW ecosystem?

1) Remove the Fixed Tiers that separates players from being able to directly choose which servers that they want to fight against

2) Re-design

& let players pick their own server match-ups with weekly limits on which servers & how many servers that they can choose to fight on

3) Require Players to enter the EotM Map before allowing them to use the Re-designed Special WvW based Server Guesting menu

4) Re-design EotM to use World Alliance to allow guilds from different servers to have a fair chance to recruit 1st time WvW players with this systematic wiping of EotM teams every season

5) Remove All NPCs that rely on a Player's Home Server from WvW maps & place them in EotM for easy access. Crafting NPCs should also be placed in EotM6) Encourage Players to AFK in EotM to allow PIPs to decay with No PIP earning. EotM is the public hang out that's outside of the Main WvW game mode maps

Long Term Solution to encourage a Competitive & Healthy WvW Game Mode.

EoTM needs to be Re-Designed to attract PvE Players into the WvW game mode.

EotM needs to provide a common area for Guilds to recruit new members.

World Servers need to be allowed to create permanent & stable Long Term Communities.

These Server based Communities should have a life cycle to be born, grow-up, die, and then be re-born again in a cycle that replenishes itself through seasonal guild changes that naturally occur in EotM.

Think about it...why do you play WvW?

The WvW game mode should be emotionally engaging players (think like a salmon) to return to these Long Term Habitats...where players can feel like they're fighting for a cause that's even bigger & deeper than any single player or guild could ever provide.

What Is An Ecosystem?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYmdrJWLQ4Y

Archived