Does Arena-Net hate JQ?

veslarius.8425

JQ was closed for a very long time with a low population. It was kept closed for so long that most just transferred out. Now it has a "medium" population and has to fight servers like Maguuma with linked servers and a population that JQ just can't compete with. Is there some reason why JQ can't be linked with other servers in the same way to even out the population? It would likely make WvW less of a train-wreck. I've seen servers fall off and come back and its usually just a waiting game, but JQ has been through Anet's hate list and is likely fubar.Link us up please and give us a fighting chance so that way WvW isn't an outnumbered snore-fest until the new system gets implemented in the year 2050 =p

@veslarius.8425 said:JQ was closed for a very long time with a low population.I've never seen a server population status as Low. I don't think ArenaNet has a status below Medium.@veslarius.8425 said:Is there some reason why JQ can't be linked with other servers in the same way to even out the population?As others have said, JQ will likely get a link or become a link on August 31 reset.@veslarius.8425 said:I've seen servers fall off and come back and its usually just a waiting game, but JQ has been through Anet's hate list and is likely fubar.Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"veslarius.8425" said:JQ was closed for a very long time with a low population.I've never seen a server population status as Low. I don't think ArenaNet has a status below Medium.

Before linkings went into effect we had "Low" servers, but I don't think that has been a classification since then. There are a few guests that should probably be classified as "Low" (if it existed), but the OPs server, regardless of what happens on the 31st is not amongst those few currently.

@"veslarius.8425" said:JQ has been through Anet's hate list and is likely fubar.

I was told they "blame" JQ for the modes decline since our Season 2 double team of BG. Because of that event and our hording of 1st place, especially during the Spring and Summer before HoT launched, the Dev's decided "never again JQ". Everything that's followed the past three years has only confirmed that I wasn't being trolled when told this.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

@"veslarius.8425" said:JQ has been through Anet's hate list and is likely fubar.

I was told they "blame" JQ for the modes decline since our Season 2 double team of BG. Because of that event and our hording of 1st place, especially during the Spring and Summer before HoT launched, the Dev's decided "never again JQ". Everything that's followed the past three years has only confirmed that I wasn't being trolled when told this.

Good conspiracy theory.

It's not that they hate JQ. It's that they don't give a fuck about pvp or wvw balance. Whether it's class balance or population balance ANET has shown that they do not care about toxic environments; player created or not. Why would they though when these "fight alliances" bandwagon to the next pugstomp to the tune of all those gem sales.

Look at post histories from devs. Bugs in wvw/pvp get ignored. Class balance feedback is ignored. Post about not being able to buy gems and you'll get a dev response in a heartbeat.

I'm no developer but I'd like to think they could script something to automatically lock host and link when host and link activity exceeds the threshold. It might curb some of this stacked server crap.

@"Shadow Order.7258" said:It's not that they hate JQ. It's that they don't give a kitten about pvp or wvw balance. Whether it's class balance or population balance ANET has shown that they do not care about toxic environments; player created or not. Why would they though when these "fight alliances" bandwagon to the next pugstomp to the tune of all those gem sales.

Look at post histories from devs. Bugs in wvw/pvp get ignored. Class balance feedback is ignored. Post about not being able to buy gems and you'll get a dev response in a heartbeat.

I'm no developer but I'd like to think they could script something to automatically lock host and link when host and link activity exceeds the threshold. It might curb some of this stacked server crap.

They make attempts to improve things which are just terribly misinformed, backfire completely and make things work. But they make attempts. It's almost like there's no proper channel to communicate with anet which has lead to a huge disconnect between what the players want and what anet will deliver. I'd say this ghost town has something - to some extent - to do with it ;)

Either way goodluck fixing it now.

@DeWolfe.2174 said:

So Comical.

@MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

So Comical.

IkrYou can really tell he's been on JQ since launch.

This isn't an anet problem. It's a people problem. Morale breaks, or something lures people away. They go and leave the server in a miserable state where it continues to bleed until they get to their new destination which fits their playtime and population. Sanctum of Rall is no stranger to this. Back in the day when we were in your shoes we went from Tier 1 to Tier none and it was a very painful journey that took the better part of a year. This has nothing to do with Arenanet having some kind of beef with your server. It's simply the fact your population changed dramatically quickly which left you in a position you shouldn't be in. But being the system is based on Math, a class a lot of people seem to have problems with these days, It takes a while for your Rating to drop to a new reasonable level that you can maintain. You're going up against years of building that T1 rating up. Same will be true for HoD when the new links happen and their still rated for T1 after SOR leaves. They're literally going to be stuck in T1 for a few weeks while things settle down.

Bottom line is rapidly changing populations do a number on server rankings and positions. It's not a rapidly changing number. It takes time for it to move to a different base. We spent what felt like an eternity descending from T1 to last place on SOR which caused a lot of raw emotions and hurt feelings and animosity. It wasn't pleasant but in the end we got our footing again and started working our way back up. Most recently a lot of your people from JQ decided to join us in our quest to make the server a host server again. We did not approach anyone to assist in this quest. They came to us.

The ebb and flow of the Population change train is a rocky one. It will take a while to balance out and it's gonna suck until it does. Hang in there it will get better.

Foghladha

I can see why you say this as magumma has capped your eb keep as well as dragonbrands for the week. The thing about fighting against magumma is that nobody wants to fight us. So if you don't fight us, what ends up happening is we take over everything you have just to fish you out of your spawn. Which is why the green bar at the top was dominating the wvw cap. I'm actually pretty sad about it myself tbh I hope jq has a better future.

@MaLeVoLenT.8129 said:

So Comical.

Comical is how many times you've transferred to try and game the system. o/

The problem is always players. Mostly on NA. The "we leave because fights" is the biggest meme and sadly never was true. NA population managed to make their wvw miserable without Anet interfering by realm hopping on a regular basis.Your fight guilds never got better by transfering, you basically gained a level from loot bag to heavy loot bag skillwise.The only thing you can blame Anet for is that they opened BG once and didn't open all the other servers. The rest of this situation is on your NA population.

OP just reminded me of how many ignorance people there are on the game and then how these people echo what others said then use it to convince themselves is the truth. Sad, really sad.

First thing first. JQ exodus begin after the relink, not before, thus base on the population at that time it doesn't warrant them to be linked. You only have players to blame for this, hunt them and shame them, idc.Next is the relink is on last week of every EVEN month thus the relink is near so be patient and not come up with baseless assumptions.

Archived