New WvW Event Week

anonymous.7812

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chaba.5410 said:

@anonymous.7812 said:Keep Auras are 100 stats and those fights aren't always lopsided toward the defenders because of that.

Yea and what happens there is we see guilds and other groups who always trying to kite you into their buff zone because they don't want to fight outside of it. :p

Siege (and the ability to run inside) is a hellll of a lot more of an incentive than the 100 stats though.

@"anonymous.7812" said:I'm surprised so many people in here don't know how bloodlust works. Lots of people spouting that suddenly people will be doing 40k crits because of a 30% damage bonus.

Minor Borderlands Bloodlust - currently "30 bonus points to power, precision, toughness, vitality, condition damage, and healing power" // 5% bonus will be 31.5 stats

Major Borderlands Bloodlust - currently "50 bonus points to power, precision, toughness, vitality, condition damage, and healing power" // 15% bonus will be 57.5 stats

Superior Borderlands Bloodlust - currently "60 bonus points to power, precision, toughness, vitality, condition damage, and healing power" // 30% bonus will be 78 stats

Unlikely this will cause major imbalances. Keep Auras are 100 stats and those fights aren't always lopsided toward the defenders because of that.

Is that what they meant? Their wording sounded to me like this bonus % was applied to the players' stats. Like 2500 power becomes 3250 with +30% bonus.

Is that what they meant? Their wording sounded to me like this bonus % was applied to the players' stats. Like 2500 power becomes 3250 with +30% bonus.

I'm begining to wonder myself. I sincerely hope not, because that's way too high, and also provides no bonuses to gear that uses Concentration or Expertise.

@Aden.9306 said:It's a stupid kitten idea. It's like rolling back the Bloodlust nerfs from when it was originally introduced.A better idea! You fall to you death if put into combat while gliding. Reset-Wars needs a nerf in general anyway.

It is just a temporary event and not something permanent. I really don't understand the anger over it.

Hopefully this wont give higher population blob servers yet another tool to steamroll their opponents for the week. Maybe add the same bonus to servers on a map who are outnumbered to counterbalance? (Not that it would matter much as an outnumbered bonus stats would be likely abused in most tiers as well)

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"penguin.9271" said:How does this event promote more open field fights?

You need to fight around the shrines to capture Bloodlust.. any one skilled roamer can solocap it with some good movement and your buff is gone. So if you want it, you better defend it.

Roamers?

Dont you know? Every commander loves fighting around the shrines and capping them. It's like "NUKE THAT POINT WE GOT TO CAP IT AT ALL COSTS!" every day of the week.

@Kayowin.9217 said:Hopefully this wont give higher population blob servers yet another tool to steamroll their opponents for the week. Maybe add the same bonus to servers on a map who are outnumbered to counterbalance? (Not that it would matter much as an outnumbered bonus stats would be likely abused in most tiers as well)

Well it only adds to that. They'll be able to devote more people to keeping bloodlust and defending their T3 structures. I don't know how it allows smaller servers to catch up. One thing though, if the smaller servers ignore structures, they'll be able to farm a lot more of the large servers roamers. They just won't win the matchup (who cares)

Sounds ok for a larger group but it certainly looks like it's going to kneecap smaller groups or those who don't have the coverage to keep the buff up. I think for another weekly event, Anet needs to do something that severely handicaps the bigger group/blob forcing them to break up... something along the lines of copious stacks of agony for anybody who tries to run in groups of 20 or more (or something to that effect)

@Chaba.5410 said:No gates! Let's go!Now THIS would be interesting. It could be balanced by attacker debuffs (such as 0 downstate) and buffing the keep/tower Lords and NPCs a lot, that scale with the upgrade level. Make things like emergency waypoints cheaper/more common and increase the time of the invuln buff Lords get when they spawn and you have something that could really be fun.

Who asked for this?You want to give higher stats to the players on the strongest server? Becuse that's whats going to happen. The WvW team seem to lack understanding of what is needed in WvW. We need less unbalanced based mechanics, not more! Ever since the HoT expansion, WvW has been corrupted by guild buffs and defenders advantage which again favor the strongest server.

Not gonna be so bad for me, cause i'm in Vabbi.Just gonna be bad for the 0,56 K/D r server called Baruch Bay.

Anet should change their current WvW team, let them design PvE elements instead.

Clarification needed:Is it 5/15/30% on your personal stats or the existing bloodlust buff? So if you have 1000 Power, you get 1300 with the 30% buff or do you get just a better bloodlust buff?Would be quite important. Just the bloodlust is not a big change, 30% on your stats however sounds quite interesting.And please, remember only enabling it on EBG and the Borderlands, so GvGs are unaffected like it was during the no-downstate week.

Archived