Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

I am just writing on this post to express my disappointment on these type of promotions that are intended only for a specific group of ppl.It is not fair to have a specific group of player having something free just because they leave in a specific country.I am and i will always disapprove of these action by everyone and not by Anet only and i hope in the future you will not continue such promotions if not for everyone.And i am not speaking about the free game i am speaking about the in-game item because i am also a person that bought the same game as everyone else, payed money like everyone else but live in the wrong place.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ykfox.3825 said:

@"Greener.6204" said:

A lot of marketing is done through word-of-mouth. If you approach "local bakery chain" and mention how there's this other company which has great artwork and expressive themes which could go well with cupcakes or pastries, you never know what might happen. If things click, then you've not only helped yourself, but two other companies
and
the gw community in your neighbourhood. That's like a quadruple win ;) .

To be clear, I'm not suggesting you act as though you're a representative of Anet!

Actually, that's a very helpful suggestion, and we would welcome the input from our community!

We look at partnership opportunities with an eye to reaching our players around the globe in a number of ways. Depending on the partner and a few other factors, we may run promotions broadly or in a specific territory, country, or small set of countries. We’re lucky that we’ve gotten to work with a number of great partners and we always are looking for more with whom we can work.

With that in mind, if you have suggestions for partnerships, we’d love to hear them. Is there a local brand that you recommend? A major company that we should consider? It would be very helpful to get those suggestions, so please do feel free to share them as you think of them. Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

You could maybe partner up with Tim Hortons if you wanted to do something similar in Canada. Get them to make some sort of dragon themed donuts or something? (Or Quaggan themed...)

Honestly, I will say it leaves a bad taste in the mouth that this promo is US only. I do hope ANet plans to eventually have similar promotions for the rest of the world. Even if you have to do it one country at a time.

@"Greener.6204" said:

A lot of marketing is done through word-of-mouth. If you approach "local bakery chain" and mention how there's this other company which has great artwork and expressive themes which could go well with cupcakes or pastries, you never know what might happen. If things click, then you've not only helped yourself, but two other companies
and
the gw community in your neighbourhood. That's like a quadruple win ;) .

To be clear, I'm not suggesting you act as though you're a representative of Anet!

Actually, that's a very helpful suggestion, and we would welcome the input from our community!

We look at partnership opportunities with an eye to reaching our players around the globe in a number of ways. Depending on the partner and a few other factors, we may run promotions broadly or in a specific territory, country, or small set of countries. We’re lucky that we’ve gotten to work with a number of great partners and we always are looking for more with whom we can work.

With that in mind, if you have suggestions for partnerships, we’d love to hear them. Is there a local brand that you recommend? A major company that we should consider? It would be very helpful to get those suggestions, so please do feel free to share them as you think of them. Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

You could maybe partner up with Tim Hortons if you wanted to do something similar in Canada. Get them to make some sort of dragon themed donuts or something? (Or Quaggan themed...)

Honestly, I will say it leaves a bad taste in the mouth that this promo is US only. I do hope ANet plans to eventually have similar promotions for the rest of the world. Even if you have to do it one country at a time.

If your going to get that upset about this being US only, you may want to honestly look for another game to play. This has been pretty much the standard since the original Guild Wars. There have been minis, armor weapons etc that have only been available to players in specific countries. This is pretty much a standard practice and it's unlikely that it will change. FYI, some of the items eventually made it to other countries, some never did. Disappointing? yes it is but it's always been this way.

As KFT are now replying to e-mails, I would suggest any non US players who were shafted send them this or a similar e-mail_There was no US only condition for this promotion in either your terms or advertising when I installed the app, neither was there any such condition when I linked my Instagram account.The botched manner in which this promotion was handled gave me no confidence that your company could be trusted with my personal data and therefore the app has been deleted from my phone and the Instagram account access revoked.

As a gesture of goodwill and as a courtesy to all those other people who were mislead, I would politely request that the least you could do is to provide myself and anyone else who requests it the DLC codes originally advertised as being unconditionally free._

Please feel free to copy/paste and send to info@popdeem.com

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:There have been minis, armor weapons etc that have only been available to players in specific countries. This is pretty much a standard practice and it's unlikely that it will change. FYI, some of the items eventually made it to other countries, some never did. Disappointing? yes it is but it's always been this way.

If it was only cosmetics, that would be less of a big deal. But giving a code to upgrade a F2P account to a full playing account is giving everyone who can get it an advantage over those who have to PAY for such an upgrade.

@Daroon.1736 said:As KFT are now replying to e-mails, I would suggest any non US players who were shafted send them this or a similar e-mail_There was no US only condition for this promotion in either your terms or advertising when I installed the app, neither was there any such condition when I linked my Instagram account.The botched manner in which this promotion was handled gave me no confidence that your company could be trusted with my personal data and therefore the app has been deleted from my phone and the Instagram account access revoked.

As a gesture of goodwill and as a courtesy to all those other people who were mislead, I would politely request that the least you could do is to provide myself and anyone else who requests it the DLC codes originally advertised as being unconditionally free._

KFT are not going to care. Everyone not included in the promotion are not paying customers or even POTENTIAL customers. We should really be pressuring Anet to do something about it.

@phokus.8934 said:I bet this is the last time ANet partners up with a company like this. You'd think they would've done their market research a bit better...

Well Gaile said earlier they're open to other partnerships in future. But hopefully in future they'll be making sure their partners are a bit more competent and understand what they're getting themselves in for, and everyone is on the same page regarding what's being offered.

@Rosenaine.9851 said:

@Daroon.1736 said:As KFT are now replying to e-mails, I would suggest any non US players who were shafted send them this or a similar e-mail_There was no US only condition for this promotion in either your terms or advertising when I installed the app, neither was there any such condition when I linked my Instagram account.The botched manner in which this promotion was handled gave me no confidence that your company could be trusted with my personal data and therefore the app has been deleted from my phone and the Instagram account access revoked.

KFT are not going to care. Everyone not included in the promotion are not paying customers or even POTENTIAL customers. We should really be pressuring Anet to do something about it.

I disagree as KFT has locations in the USA, Canada, Australia & Vietnam - and maybe other countries not listed on their website

@"Talonblaze.3175" said:If someone could source me the saying on 'sharing codes' being allowed; would appreciate that.Would rather give my code to someone who needs/could use it since I already have my Primeval gear from years ago. All I'd get out of it is the bag and boosters.

Got the shirt, which is the only thing I wanted.

Here’s what Chris Cleary said about it:"Feel free to give the codes (heroic edition or outfit) out to whomever you want! We're only closing the new accounts being created by players who are trying to abuse the promotion to create a bunch of new heroic edition accounts."https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9ce157/kung_fu_tea_promotion_is_banning_accounts/e5aiwss/

That was before the promotion was closed down and restarted, but I can't see any reason it would have changed. If anything the fixes they did in the meantime should have made it less of an issue because codes are now restricted to 1 per customer, so there's less risk of being given a code by someone who has been taking advantage of the bugs to generate hundreds of codes.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Talonblaze.3175" said:If someone could source me the saying on 'sharing codes' being allowed; would appreciate that.Would rather give my code to someone who needs/could use it since I already have my Primeval gear from years ago. All I'd get out of it is the bag and boosters.

Here’s what Chris Cleary said about it:"Feel free to give the codes (heroic edition or outfit) out to whomever you want! We're only closing the new accounts being created by players who are trying to abuse the promotion to create a bunch of new heroic edition accounts."

That was before the promotion was closed down and restarted, but I can't see any reason it would have changed. If anything the fixes they did in the meantime should have made it less of an issue because codes are now restricted to 1 per customer, so there's less risk of being given a code by someone who has been taking advantage of the bugs to generate hundreds of codes.

Actually, since the promotion was restarted the email your codes come with states that the codes are non-transferable. To me this is reason enough to believe something might have changed...

@Rayti.6531 said:

Here’s what Chris Cleary said about it:"Feel free to give the codes (heroic edition or outfit) out to whomever you want! We're only closing the new accounts being created by players who are trying to abuse the promotion to create a bunch of new heroic edition accounts."

Acutally, since the promotion was restarted the email your codes come with states that the codes are non-transferable. To me this is reason enough to believe something might have changed...

This is does make me ponder such for sure; granted those are KFT's conditions (which at this point, I'm not taking too seriously...) for the codes, I'm not sure if Anet share's the same views.

@Rayti.6531 said:

Actually, since the promotion was restarted the email your codes come with states that the codes are non-transferable. To me this is reason enough to believe something might have changed...

Ah I didn't realise that. I've not been able to get a code since it restarted so I've not seen the email.

@Rayti.6531 said:

It's the same as Anet's stance on playertrading being unsupported or your game account being non-transferable. So you can't claim "someone else did it" if your account gets banned or another player makes off with your loot and Anet is absolved of responsibility since they told you not to. In this case; you give away the code, KFT/popdeem doesn't have to replace it if you give it away.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:They should just put the outfit in the Gemstore for zero gems. That would be a nice gesture to all the players who were shut out because they were on the wrong side of invisible lines on the ground.

It's not just invisible lines on the ground. Most of us are across water too. Big water, ocean water! It's really tough to get out there you know.

@Kong.3280 said:Potential problem...

I installed the KFT app when the promotion started and was not lucky enough to get a code for the emblem outfit.

Promotion resumes, I log into the app, see promotion, and got email. Not only for the outfit but also Heroic Edition.

I read to find out why I got both and learn it is now for US only... I'm in Canada.

If I use the codes will I get my account suspended?

You can use codes from anywhere in the world, the restriction is (supposed to be) on getting the codes through the app. Anet have actually encouraged people who get codes they don't need to give them to those who can't get them so you'll be fine using a code you got yourself.

@Plautze.6290 said:Oh man, if there was just a way to get this outfit as non-US player.I mean, if there was something like a
GW2 KFT workaround
... ah well!Seems like I'm badly out of luck here.
dramatic sigh

If there was something like that I'm sure we would have
read it
by now, maybe via
Google

And if I had read it somewhere I'd be able to says thanks to whomever got me the codes.

@Talonblaze.3175 said:If someone could source me the saying on 'sharing codes' being allowed; would appreciate that.Would rather give my code to someone who needs/could use it since I already have my Primeval gear from years ago. All I'd get out of it is the bag and boosters.

There are 3 different Armor sets available with the code. I am under the impression that if an account is already 'Heroic', one won't receive any item (other than Influence). Not sure if that would apply in your case, or if it is absolutely true or not.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Talonblaze.3175 said:If someone could source me the saying on 'sharing codes' being allowed; would appreciate that.Would rather give my code to someone who needs/could use it since I already have my Primeval gear from years ago. All I'd get out of it is the bag and boosters.

There are 3 different Armor sets available with the code. I am under the impression that if an account is already 'Heroic', one won't receive any item (other than Influence). Not sure if that would apply in your case, or if it is absolutely true or not.

Thats not exactly true. My account was heroic prior to this promotion and when i used the code i had an armor set sent to me!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Interesting...I have heard both accounts (true/false) of the situation.

The heroic edition code didn't work for me.

I bought the game before launch, but I got the heroic edition upgrade through the HoT beta bug. (When they removed beta access it apparently involved changing the SKU registered to the account and because the original one had been over-written with the heroic one when that edition was introduced it sent everyone who didn't already have it the heroic edition items.) I was able to apply the code from the KFT promotion to my account but it only gave me a letter which could be consumed for Influence (4,000 I think), no new armour set, bag or boosters.

But I don't know what exactly determines whether the code works or not. Whether it was having it before or getting it as an upgrade rather than when I created the account or something 'behind the scenes' where there's different kinds of codes and maybe the ones the promotion is giving out now are different.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I already have my outfit, so this is not about being grumpy. I just want to say this:

Everything that is being offered through online means for a popular online game shouldn't be restricted to one region. You either include all your customers or you don't make it available online but only on location.

It was a joint promotion with a company that is not online and has physical locations they wanted to draw attention to.

Archived